Advertisement

Justified Season 4 Thread

This is the main board on The Outhouse, where Outhousers talk about everything. No topics are off limits, and it doesn't have to be about comics. All the topics from the other boards also show up in The Asylum, so you never have to leave1

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

fieldy snuts
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 262 posts
Title: Burrr
Formerly: Sweet James Jones

Re: Justified Season 4 Thread

Postby fieldy snuts » Wed Feb 27, 2013 5:08 am

Here is the episode post-mortem with Graham Yost:
http://insidetv.ew.com/2013/02/26/justi ... ostmortem/

Advertisement

GOSD
Everybody lies!

Liked in: 286 posts
Title: Lick me!
Formerly: Ghost of Scooterdoom

Postby GOSD » Wed Feb 27, 2013 9:51 am

Zechs wrote:Wow what an episode. So many characters bought it and it ain't even the season finale. :shock: :shock: I'm curious to see how the final stage to this goes. All I know is without a shadow of a doubt who Drew Thompson is.. it's Shelby. The scene with Ellen May on the costumes they put on with new outfits along with the talk of Drew's ex-wife clinched it. Pity that I realize we're near the stretch run to the end and there's not a sign of Limehouse, Dickie, and Dewey.

Totally agree about Shelby being Drew.

Exactly how fast a draw is Raylan? :shock:

Great episode!

Rockman
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 486 posts
Formerly: AMS

Postby Rockman » Wed Feb 27, 2013 10:54 am

Wow Zechs you're totally right about that one

I love that character too, I wonder this is going to play out.

This season is just getting crazier and crazier. I was a little unsure initially about what was going on, but this is amazing stuff.

Zechs
Outhouse Editor

Liked in: 252 posts
Title: Deposted Despot
Formerly: Blight, Deacon Frost, Heinrich Himmler of S_D

Postby Zechs » Wed Feb 27, 2013 12:48 pm

Also if Boyd somehow gets by all the people hunting for his hide, there's still that preacher's sister who I think is going to do something to him.

And for fans of last week's episode (probably GOSD) :P :

[Reveal] Spoiler: Click to Expand

Personally I like this one:

:lol:

sdsichero wrote:
I especially like and admire Zechs. He's everything I wish I could be!

Dragavon wrote:Zechs... is...

Zechs...is...

I can't say it. It's too horrible. Zechs...is...not...wrong...

GOSD
Everybody lies!

Postby GOSD » Wed Feb 27, 2013 2:22 pm

Zechs wrote:Also if Boyd somehow gets by all the people hunting for his hide, there's still that preacher's sister who I think is going to do something to him.

And for fans of last week's episode (probably GOSD) :P :

[Reveal] Spoiler: Click to Expand

:groucho:

I'd have a good time with that.

doombug
Staff Writer

Liked in: 185 posts

Postby doombug » Wed Feb 27, 2013 3:06 pm

I think my favorite stuff was when Raylan went to the bar and Boyd's reactions to this whole episode. :lol:

I don't think Zechs theory is too far off either.

Stalzer2002
Motherfucker from Hell

Liked in: 31 posts

Postby Stalzer2002 » Wed Feb 27, 2013 5:10 pm

Zechs wrote:Wow what an episode. So many characters bought it and it ain't even the season finale. :shock: :shock: I'm curious to see how the final stage to this goes. All I know is without a shadow of a doubt who Drew Thompson is.. it's Shelby. The scene with Ellen May on the costumes they put on with new outfits along with the talk of Drew's ex-wife clinched it. Pity that I realize we're near the stretch run to the end and there's not a sign of Limehouse, Dickie, and Dewey.

That's certainly a plausible theory, but I see a few flaws:

1) Drew's ex-wife said that he left her. I don't see why she'd lie about a detail like that. Why would Shelby have clothes of the wife he left decades ago?

2) Hunter and a guard conspired to kill Arlo. The guard was risking his job and Hunter was risking a permanent stay in a supermax isolation cell. For what? Someone had to put them up to it and give them something. Shelby's the Harlan County Sheriff. Before that he was a Walmart greeter. Does he have the pull and resources to arrange that kind of thing?

3) The woman from the hills said the last time she saw Drew, he was rubbing elbows with the mayor and the rich people from Clover Hill. They don't strike me as the kind of people who would associate with a backwoods deputy. They'd employ him, sure (he was eventually the security chief at Black Pike). But hang out with him? Nah.

I think the Shelby/Ella May conversation was a red herring that fits into the season's themes of identity and perpection. I'd say Drew is one of Boyd's two suspects. Not the talkative one from last nights episode, but the other one. He's even played by a more well known actor.

Zechs
Outhouse Editor

Postby Zechs » Thu Feb 28, 2013 12:53 am

Stalzer2002 wrote:
That's certainly a plausible theory, but I see a few flaws:

1) Drew's ex-wife said that he left her. I don't see why she'd lie about a detail like that. Why would Shelby have clothes of the wife he left decades ago?

2) Hunter and a guard conspired to kill Arlo. The guard was risking his job and Hunter was risking a permanent stay in a supermax isolation cell. For what? Someone had to put them up to it and give them something. Shelby's the Harlan County Sheriff. Before that he was a Walmart greeter. Does he have the pull and resources to arrange that kind of thing?

3) The woman from the hills said the last time she saw Drew, he was rubbing elbows with the mayor and the rich people from Clover Hill. They don't strike me as the kind of people who would associate with a backwoods deputy. They'd employ him, sure (he was eventually the security chief at Black Pike). But hang out with him? Nah.

I think the Shelby/Ella May conversation was a red herring that fits into the season's themes of identity and perpection. I'd say Drew is one of Boyd's two suspects. Not the talkative one from last nights episode, but the other one. He's even played by a more well known actor.

I don't think it's Holland Manners, the one you're speaking of. Also Hunter's reasons for stabbing Arlo would be simpler. It isn't to protect Drew, it's to get rid of the competition. Who's to say Arlo would yield and get his deal thus leaving Hunter to rot. I just think Boyd's barking up the wrong area and that Drew is in a place even he hasn't pondered where he be considering the fact Arlo and Bo could have taken every cent Drew had to ensure their silence.

sdsichero wrote:

Zechs...is...

Sasher McSmasher
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 521 posts
Title: I'm a Paul Heyman Guy.
Formerly: T-Rex

Postby Sasher McSmasher » Thu Feb 28, 2013 8:03 am

This weeks episode was one of the best of the whole series! Loved it! Boyd is one of my favorite characters in the history of television, the way he talks, the way he schemes, his reactions to Raylan, they are all amazing! My favorite line from last nights episode, and there were many great ones, was "And I want you to help get me a Dairy Queen franchise!" that was awesome! Also loved "Why you gone back the man that got took when you could back the man that took'em! Boyd is amazing!

I feel kinda bad for Cole, even though he does seem to be a remorseless killer he has gone through some rough shit obviously and it is gonna suck to see him get killed off if that does indeed happen. I would like to see Cole kill Cousin Johnny actually saving Boyd, because I have never liked Cousin Johnny.I think Cole might have a bit more story in him since he killed the druggie that is associated with Tim. Both of them being Vets and all, I definitely think there is something there to delve into.

GOSD
Everybody lies!

Postby GOSD » Thu Feb 28, 2013 12:19 pm

jaxstraww wrote:

He did. Last scene with both of them she was getting in the shower. First scene after was raylan with wet hair....

But it was the next day so he either fucked her and slept there and took a shower or else, he took a shower since it was the next day.

We don't if it happened but for his sake, I hope he tapped that.

I know that I would have. 8)

Thank you, Zechs! :D

Zechs
Outhouse Editor

Postby Zechs » Thu Feb 28, 2013 7:43 pm

GOSD wrote:
But it was the next day so he either fucked her and slept there and took a shower or else, he took a shower since it was the next day.

We don't if it happened but for his sake, I hope he tapped that.

I know that I would have. 8)

Thank you, Zechs! :D

Yeah she better come back. Just hopefully not to take a bullet to the throat like that sweet ass bounty hunter did.

sdsichero wrote:

Zechs...is...

fieldy snuts
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 262 posts
Title: Burrr
Formerly: Sweet James Jones

Postby fieldy snuts » Thu Feb 28, 2013 8:22 pm

Random info, Jackie Nevada, complete with her backstory, was actually a character in Elmore Leonard's new 'Raylan' novel.

Zechs
Outhouse Editor

Postby Zechs » Tue Mar 05, 2013 11:58 pm

sdsichero wrote:

Zechs...is...

Rockman
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 486 posts
Formerly: AMS

Postby Rockman » Wed Mar 06, 2013 10:34 am

Great episode again.

Though I really dislike Patton Oswalt's character on this show, he's a terrible replacement for the cop with the hat that died last season.

I hope Gutterson takes care of Colt by the end of all this.

Zechs
Outhouse Editor

Postby Zechs » Fri Mar 08, 2013 9:20 pm

jaxstraww wrote:Does anyone see this ending with shelby letting raylan shoot him instead of going back captured?

I think he does especially when he finds out shelby had arlo killed.

Sent from my SPH-M930BST using Tapatalk 2

Nah Shelby didn't murder Arlo. That was the whole point of the monologue Hunter had in the car with Shelby and Raylan. Hunter did these things to protect Shelby since Shelby went to bat for him.

It's going to be VERY interesting these next few episodes. All I know is..IT'S LIMEHOUSE TIME!!! :-D

sdsichero wrote:

Zechs...is...

leave a comment with facebook

PreviousNext

Return to The Asylum