Advertisement

The Toy Shed Thread

Discuss the latest comic book news and front page articles, read or post your own reviews of comics, and talk about anything comic book related. Threads from the two subforums below will also show up here. News Stand topics can also be read and posted in from The Asylum.

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

e_galston
Staff Writer

Liked in: 618 posts
Formerly: Sitebreaker

Re: The Toy Shed Thread

Postby e_galston » Tue Mar 05, 2013 1:42 am

i've seen a lot of bitching online about how Iron Patriot is just a repaint of the Extremis armor figure from the first wave of ML. That actually doesn't bother me, since in the comics it was pretty much just a re-painted version of that armor to begin with. I haven't had any time to do any comparisons between the two figures as i just got back home from being gone for like a month, but i'll look at them together tomorrow.

i do think its really awesome that before the year is out pretty much every member of the Original Dark Avengers will be made in legends form. Sure Marvel Boy will be in his Protector outfit, and there isn't a Bullseye as Hawkeye figure, and Moonstone will be in her thunderbolts look, but to think the entire roster can be represented is amazing

Advertisement

Zechs
Outhouse Editor

Liked in: 296 posts
Title: Deposted Despot
Formerly: Blight, Deacon Frost, Heinrich Himmler of S_D

Postby Zechs » Tue Mar 05, 2013 1:48 am

e_galston wrote:i've seen a lot of bitching online about how Iron Patriot is just a repaint of the Extremis armor figure from the first wave of ML. That actually doesn't bother me, since in the comics it was pretty much just a re-painted version of that armor to begin with. I haven't had any time to do any comparisons between the two figures as i just got back home from being gone for like a month, but i'll look at them together tomorrow.

i do think its really awesome that before the year is out pretty much every member of the Original Dark Avengers will be made in legends form. Sure Marvel Boy will be in his Protector outfit, and there isn't a Bullseye as Hawkeye figure, and Moonstone will be in her thunderbolts look, but to think the entire roster can be represented is amazing

I kind of wish we got a Ares and Marvel Boy to complete the Dark Avengers in MU form.

sdsichero wrote:
I especially like and admire Zechs. He's everything I wish I could be!

Dragavon wrote:Zechs... is...

Zechs...is...

I can't say it. It's too horrible. Zechs...is...not...wrong...

e_galston
Staff Writer

Postby e_galston » Tue Mar 05, 2013 2:00 am

i was talking to a friend the other day, and i had to laugh Mattel is only putting out the "big" characters as far as their 6 inch line goes, whereas Hasbro's legends line (sure usually has a big name in each wave) but for the most part the current stuff has been a lot of random characters i never thought i'd see get a figure. First wave of the relaunch we get Constrictor, Klaw and the build a figure is Terrax. Second wave we get Viper and Madame Masque, two members of the Wrecking Crew and freaking Fantomex with an Arnim Zola build a figure. Third wave having freaking Dani Moonstar (if it ever gets released). The first wave for 2013 is full of random characters i never thought would get a figure. And the third wave this year is gonna be based on the Thunderbolts. I don't know how Mattel can say only "big" names sell, when Hasbro has been putting out so many random characters, and Legends don't seem to be slowing down.

e_galston
Staff Writer

Postby e_galston » Tue Mar 05, 2013 2:03 am

not only is hasbro putting out lesser known characters, they sell for like a buck cheaper than mattel's dc stuff, and actually contain the build a figure piece AND accessories. I felt ripped off when i bought the New 52 Batman figure and there wasn't even a freaking figure stand or a batarang.

Zechs
Outhouse Editor

Postby Zechs » Tue Mar 05, 2013 2:16 am

e_galston wrote:i was talking to a friend the other day, and i had to laugh Mattel is only putting out the "big" characters as far as their 6 inch line goes, whereas Hasbro's legends line (sure usually has a big name in each wave) but for the most part the current stuff has been a lot of random characters i never thought i'd see get a figure. First wave of the relaunch we get Constrictor, Klaw and the build a figure is Terrax. Second wave we get Viper and Madame Masque, two members of the Wrecking Crew and freaking Fantomex with an Arnim Zola build a figure. Third wave having freaking Dani Moonstar (if it ever gets released). The first wave for 2013 is full of random characters i never thought would get a figure. And the third wave this year is gonna be based on the Thunderbolts. I don't know how Mattel can say only "big" names sell, when Hasbro has been putting out so many random characters, and Legends don't seem to be slowing down.

Well truth be told. That's Mattel's problem. They stopped producing newer characters with Jaime Reyes. They only made a Damian Wayne figure to be released in the middle of this year. We still never got a Jason Todd as Red Hood, any Huntress, or Tim Drake as Red Robin. Rare figures but newer characters such as Cassandra Cain are worth a mint.

Now they're repeating the same mistakes they made with Young Justice. No accessories, BaF, or stands, but doubling the price of figures. Is it any wonder why Geoff Johns has been pushing DC Collectibles into other areas of interest instead of giving them to Mattel?

sdsichero wrote:

Zechs...is...

sdsichero
2k11 Outhouse People's Champion

Liked in: 786 posts
Title: It's a thing
Formerly: beta-ray

Postby sdsichero » Wed Mar 06, 2013 6:07 pm

Getting an "upgrade Photobucket" type error

sdsichero

Zechs
Outhouse Editor

Postby Zechs » Wed Mar 06, 2013 6:45 pm

sdsichero wrote:Not impressed.

Hasbro's JURASSIC PARK 3D Toy Line

Is it wrong I want to buy the human figures since they're using modern Joe molds? :P

sdsichero wrote:

Zechs...is...

sdsichero

Postby sdsichero » Wed Mar 06, 2013 6:48 pm

Zechs wrote:
Is it wrong I want to buy the human figures since they're using modern Joe molds? :P

Yes.

Oh and those broken images are in your sig zechs (sorry thought they were part of your post before)

alaska1125
dINGO

Liked in: 150 posts

Postby alaska1125 » Thu Mar 07, 2013 10:51 am

e_galston wrote:
so far he seems equal, i haven't actually completed either of the two build a figures from the current legends out put, but he seems to have the exact same articulation as the marvel universe size Iron Monger figure that came out like 2 years ago.

"Sigh". Anyone remember the Galactus and Sentinel build a figures? They were absolutely badass.

e_galston
Staff Writer

Postby e_galston » Thu Mar 07, 2013 12:12 pm

alaska1125 wrote:"Sigh". Anyone remember the Galactus and Sentinel build a figures? They were absolutely badass.

and with the cost of producing toys, there's no way we'd get something like that again, in a wave. It'd have to be over like 3-4 waves of figures. And the last time hasbro did that (the Fin Fang Foom waves) you couldn't find any of them any where. If Hasbro tried that again, the price of the figures would be too much for me i think. That or they'd have to cut costs to produce them, either quality would go away, or accessories or even character selection

Zechs
Outhouse Editor

Postby Zechs » Thu Mar 07, 2013 12:16 pm

alaska1125 wrote:"Sigh". Anyone remember the Galactus and Sentinel build a figures? They were absolutely badass.

The Marvel Universe Galactus is a hundred times more awesome. :-D The MU Sentinel not so much.

sdsichero wrote:

Zechs...is...

TimDrake'sDumbWings
Motherfucker from Hell

Liked in: 2 posts
Title: I mean... ROBINS have wings...
Formerly: DOOP SPEAK

Postby TimDrake'sDumbWings » Thu Mar 07, 2013 12:17 pm

e_galston wrote:
and with the cost of producing toys, there's no way we'd get something like that again, in a wave. It'd have to be over like 3-4 waves of figures. And the last time hasbro did that (the Fin Fang Foom waves) you couldn't find any of them any where. If Hasbro tried that again, the price of the figures would be too much for me i think. That or they'd have to cut costs to produce them, either quality would go away, or accessories or even character selection

There's a Fin Fang Foom BAF? I totally want that shit.

e_galston
Staff Writer

Postby e_galston » Thu Mar 07, 2013 12:45 pm

TimDrake'sDumbWings wrote:
There's a Fin Fang Foom BAF? I totally want that shit.

guarantee its expensive to find, cause the waves never really hit retail. it was at the tail end of Hasbro's first attempts with Marvel Legends. All the characters were hulk related if i remember correctly too... I believe Hasbro is putting out a Marvel Universe version like they did with Galactus and The Sentinel (which were actually MUCH better figures of the characters than the old Toybiz ones imo) and should more than likely be a LOT more cheaper than the ML version.

alaska1125
dINGO

Liked in: 150 posts

Postby alaska1125 » Thu Mar 07, 2013 3:21 pm

e_galston wrote:

Yeah, the rational part of my brain understands it. The nostalgic part remembers the early Marvel Legend waves and wants to go back in time.

leave a comment with facebook

PreviousNext

Return to The News Stand