Saturday, April 30, 2016 • Morning Edition • "We deal with the loons so you don't have to."

The Outhouse - The Greatest Comic Book Forum

Comics news, comic book reviews, feature articles about comics, interviews with comic creators, plus the greatest comic book and pop culture discussion in the Outhouse forums!


The Toy Shed Thread

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Well, they're not accepting new members, but we'll take anyone here, so why not sign up for a free acount? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

User avatar

e_galston

Staff Writer

Postby e_galston » Tue Mar 05, 2013 1:42 am

i've seen a lot of bitching online about how Iron Patriot is just a repaint of the Extremis armor figure from the first wave of ML. That actually doesn't bother me, since in the comics it was pretty much just a re-painted version of that armor to begin with. I haven't had any time to do any comparisons between the two figures as i just got back home from being gone for like a month, but i'll look at them together tomorrow.


i do think its really awesome that before the year is out pretty much every member of the Original Dark Avengers will be made in legends form. Sure Marvel Boy will be in his Protector outfit, and there isn't a Bullseye as Hawkeye figure, and Moonstone will be in her thunderbolts look, but to think the entire roster can be represented is amazing
User avatar

Zechs

Outhouse Editor

Postby Zechs » Tue Mar 05, 2013 1:48 am

e_galston wrote:i've seen a lot of bitching online about how Iron Patriot is just a repaint of the Extremis armor figure from the first wave of ML. That actually doesn't bother me, since in the comics it was pretty much just a re-painted version of that armor to begin with. I haven't had any time to do any comparisons between the two figures as i just got back home from being gone for like a month, but i'll look at them together tomorrow.


i do think its really awesome that before the year is out pretty much every member of the Original Dark Avengers will be made in legends form. Sure Marvel Boy will be in his Protector outfit, and there isn't a Bullseye as Hawkeye figure, and Moonstone will be in her thunderbolts look, but to think the entire roster can be represented is amazing


I kind of wish we got a Ares and Marvel Boy to complete the Dark Avengers in MU form.
User avatar

e_galston

Staff Writer

Postby e_galston » Tue Mar 05, 2013 2:00 am

i was talking to a friend the other day, and i had to laugh Mattel is only putting out the "big" characters as far as their 6 inch line goes, whereas Hasbro's legends line (sure usually has a big name in each wave) but for the most part the current stuff has been a lot of random characters i never thought i'd see get a figure. First wave of the relaunch we get Constrictor, Klaw and the build a figure is Terrax. Second wave we get Viper and Madame Masque, two members of the Wrecking Crew and freaking Fantomex with an Arnim Zola build a figure. Third wave having freaking Dani Moonstar (if it ever gets released). The first wave for 2013 is full of random characters i never thought would get a figure. And the third wave this year is gonna be based on the Thunderbolts. I don't know how Mattel can say only "big" names sell, when Hasbro has been putting out so many random characters, and Legends don't seem to be slowing down.
User avatar

e_galston

Staff Writer

Postby e_galston » Tue Mar 05, 2013 2:03 am

not only is hasbro putting out lesser known characters, they sell for like a buck cheaper than mattel's dc stuff, and actually contain the build a figure piece AND accessories. I felt ripped off when i bought the New 52 Batman figure and there wasn't even a freaking figure stand or a batarang.
User avatar

Zechs

Outhouse Editor

Postby Zechs » Tue Mar 05, 2013 2:16 am

e_galston wrote:i was talking to a friend the other day, and i had to laugh Mattel is only putting out the "big" characters as far as their 6 inch line goes, whereas Hasbro's legends line (sure usually has a big name in each wave) but for the most part the current stuff has been a lot of random characters i never thought i'd see get a figure. First wave of the relaunch we get Constrictor, Klaw and the build a figure is Terrax. Second wave we get Viper and Madame Masque, two members of the Wrecking Crew and freaking Fantomex with an Arnim Zola build a figure. Third wave having freaking Dani Moonstar (if it ever gets released). The first wave for 2013 is full of random characters i never thought would get a figure. And the third wave this year is gonna be based on the Thunderbolts. I don't know how Mattel can say only "big" names sell, when Hasbro has been putting out so many random characters, and Legends don't seem to be slowing down.


Well truth be told. That's Mattel's problem. They stopped producing newer characters with Jaime Reyes. They only made a Damian Wayne figure to be released in the middle of this year. We still never got a Jason Todd as Red Hood, any Huntress, or Tim Drake as Red Robin. Rare figures but newer characters such as Cassandra Cain are worth a mint.

Now they're repeating the same mistakes they made with Young Justice. No accessories, BaF, or stands, but doubling the price of figures. Is it any wonder why Geoff Johns has been pushing DC Collectibles into other areas of interest instead of giving them to Mattel?
User avatar

sdsichero

2k11 Outhouse People's Champion

Postby sdsichero » Wed Mar 06, 2013 6:07 pm

Getting an "upgrade Photobucket" type error
User avatar

sdsichero

2k11 Outhouse People's Champion

Postby sdsichero » Wed Mar 06, 2013 6:07 pm

Not impressed.

Hasbro's JURASSIC PARK 3D Toy Line
User avatar

Zechs

Outhouse Editor

Postby Zechs » Wed Mar 06, 2013 6:45 pm

sdsichero wrote:Not impressed.

Hasbro's JURASSIC PARK 3D Toy Line


Is it wrong I want to buy the human figures since they're using modern Joe molds? :P
User avatar

sdsichero

2k11 Outhouse People's Champion

Postby sdsichero » Wed Mar 06, 2013 6:48 pm

Zechs wrote:
Is it wrong I want to buy the human figures since they're using modern Joe molds? :P


Yes.

Oh and those broken images are in your sig zechs (sorry thought they were part of your post before)
User avatar

alaska1125

dINGO

Postby alaska1125 » Thu Mar 07, 2013 10:51 am

e_galston wrote:
so far he seems equal, i haven't actually completed either of the two build a figures from the current legends out put, but he seems to have the exact same articulation as the marvel universe size Iron Monger figure that came out like 2 years ago.

"Sigh". Anyone remember the Galactus and Sentinel build a figures? They were absolutely badass.
User avatar

e_galston

Staff Writer

Postby e_galston » Thu Mar 07, 2013 12:12 pm

alaska1125 wrote:"Sigh". Anyone remember the Galactus and Sentinel build a figures? They were absolutely badass.


and with the cost of producing toys, there's no way we'd get something like that again, in a wave. It'd have to be over like 3-4 waves of figures. And the last time hasbro did that (the Fin Fang Foom waves) you couldn't find any of them any where. If Hasbro tried that again, the price of the figures would be too much for me i think. That or they'd have to cut costs to produce them, either quality would go away, or accessories or even character selection
User avatar

Zechs

Outhouse Editor

Postby Zechs » Thu Mar 07, 2013 12:16 pm

alaska1125 wrote:"Sigh". Anyone remember the Galactus and Sentinel build a figures? They were absolutely badass.


The Marvel Universe Galactus is a hundred times more awesome. :-D The MU Sentinel not so much.
User avatar

TimDrake'sDumbWings

Motherfucker from Hell

Postby TimDrake'sDumbWings » Thu Mar 07, 2013 12:17 pm

e_galston wrote:
and with the cost of producing toys, there's no way we'd get something like that again, in a wave. It'd have to be over like 3-4 waves of figures. And the last time hasbro did that (the Fin Fang Foom waves) you couldn't find any of them any where. If Hasbro tried that again, the price of the figures would be too much for me i think. That or they'd have to cut costs to produce them, either quality would go away, or accessories or even character selection


There's a Fin Fang Foom BAF? I totally want that shit.
User avatar

e_galston

Staff Writer

Postby e_galston » Thu Mar 07, 2013 12:45 pm

TimDrake'sDumbWings wrote:
There's a Fin Fang Foom BAF? I totally want that shit.


guarantee its expensive to find, cause the waves never really hit retail. it was at the tail end of Hasbro's first attempts with Marvel Legends. All the characters were hulk related if i remember correctly too... I believe Hasbro is putting out a Marvel Universe version like they did with Galactus and The Sentinel (which were actually MUCH better figures of the characters than the old Toybiz ones imo) and should more than likely be a LOT more cheaper than the ML version.
User avatar

alaska1125

dINGO

Postby alaska1125 » Thu Mar 07, 2013 3:21 pm

e_galston wrote:
and with the cost of producing toys, there's no way we'd get something like that again, in a wave. It'd have to be over like 3-4 waves of figures. And the last time hasbro did that (the Fin Fang Foom waves) you couldn't find any of them any where. If Hasbro tried that again, the price of the figures would be too much for me i think. That or they'd have to cut costs to produce them, either quality would go away, or accessories or even character selection


Yeah, the rational part of my brain understands it. The nostalgic part remembers the early Marvel Legend waves and wants to go back in time.

leave a comment with facebook


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot], Yahoo [Bot] and 64 guests