Friday, August 26, 2016 • Morning Edition • "Tom Brennan's worst nightmare."

The Outhouse - The Greatest Comic Book Forum

Comics news, comic book reviews, feature articles about comics, interviews with comic creators, plus the greatest comic book and pop culture discussion in the Outhouse forums!

Advertisement

Comixology's Age of Ultron sale right NOW.

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Well, they're not accepting new members, but we'll take anyone here, so why not sign up for a free acount? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

Juan Cena

DANG!

Postby Juan Cena » Fri Mar 08, 2013 1:59 pm

Comixology is having a .99 Age of Ultron sale today.

Well, you know. There are Ultron things happening. So we get 99 cent sales on Mighty Avengers 1 to 6, Moon Knight 1 to 12, Annihilation Conquest #1-7, Avengers vol 3 #0, #19 to 22 and Avengers vol 4 #1 to 6. Just hit the UK, and heading to the US in a fewl hours…

It sucks that Comixology doesn't have the really classic Ultron stories like his and thr Vision's first appearances in Avengers #57 and #58, or the Bride of Ultron story from Avengers #161 & #162. It's why I'm not as down on Comixology as everyone else.

dairydead

Humuhumunukunukuapuaa

Postby dairydead » Fri Mar 08, 2013 2:07 pm

t*at's cr*zy!

chap22

Rain Partier

Postby chap22 » Fri Mar 08, 2013 2:19 pm

Juan Cena wrote:Comixology is having a .99 Age of Ultron sale today.

It sucks that Comixology doesn't have the really classic Ultron stories like his and thr Vision's first appearances in Avengers #57 and #58, or the Bride of Ultron story from Avengers #161 & #162. It's why I'm not as down on Comixology as everyone else.

as one of the biggest Ultron fans ever, neither of those, as Ultron stories, hold a candle to Busiek & Perez's Ultron Unlimited.* i'll admit the rest of that stuff's pretty ghetto, but vol. 3 0 and 19-22 is an absolute must-buy.**

*now yeah, 57-58 is great for Vizh, but as an Ultron story...meh
** and Annihilation: Conquest wouldn't be bad either.

Juan Cena

DANG!

Postby Juan Cena » Fri Mar 08, 2013 3:19 pm

chap22 wrote:as one of the biggest Ultron fans ever, neither of those, as Ultron stories, hold a candle to Busiek & Perez's Ultron Unlimited.* i'll admit the rest of that stuff's pretty ghetto, but vol. 3 0 and 19-22 is an absolute must-buy.**

It's has Ultron's 1st appearance and origin, though. So it would've been a good one to have.

Bride of Ultron was fracking awesome. One of the first Avengers books I ever picked up.

GLX

Outhouse Editor

Postby GLX » Fri Mar 08, 2013 3:28 pm

It's essentially a repeat of a previous Ultron sale that they had. Like I did back then, I'll pass on it.

The Beast

Swedish Pinata of Death

Postby The Beast » Fri Mar 08, 2013 3:53 pm

chap22 wrote:as one of the biggest Ultron fans ever, neither of those, as Ultron stories, hold a candle to Busiek & Perez's Ultron Unlimited.* i'll admit the rest of that stuff's pretty ghetto, but vol. 3 0 and 19-22 is an absolute must-buy.**

I'm always keen on picking up Busiek's Avengers but are the vol 3 Heroic Age issues worth it?

chap22

Rain Partier

Postby chap22 » Fri Mar 08, 2013 3:59 pm

Ntikrst wrote:
I'm always keen on picking up Busiek's Avengers but are the vol 3 Heroic Age issues worth it?

Busiek & Perez is vol. 3 (Heroes Return), Heroic Age is vol. 4, and those vol. 4 issues on sale are by Bendis and JR Jr. personally, i'd say no, that Ultron/Kang story was pretty forgettable, although it is probably a direct lead-in to Age of ultron if you're thinkingh of getting that.

leave a comment with facebook