Tuesday, May 24, 2016 • Evening Edition • "At least we're not ComicBook.com!"

The Outhouse - The Greatest Comic Book Forum

Comics news, comic book reviews, feature articles about comics, interviews with comic creators, plus the greatest comic book and pop culture discussion in the Outhouse forums!


Nacireman, Alex Ross, The Professor, and Mary Ann

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Well, they're not accepting new members, but we'll take anyone here, so why not sign up for a free acount? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

User avatar

Lord Simian

The Lord of the Monkeys

Postby Lord Simian » Sat Mar 09, 2013 12:41 pm

Juan Cena wrote:And one can argue his involvement in the JSoA book is one of the things that caused the book's decline.


Ok, then, argue it.

I'm genuinely curious to hear your viewpoint. I haven't heard that argument before, so I'd like to explore it.


Also, please make my thread title make sense by not only presenting your argument, but also provide instructions on how to build a functioning car from coconut milk, dried grass, and bamboo. Thanks!
User avatar

dairydead

Humuhumunukunukuapuaa

Postby dairydead » Sat Mar 09, 2013 12:43 pm

Back in the Kingdom Come arc?
User avatar

sdsichero

2k11 Outhouse People's Champion

Postby sdsichero » Sat Mar 09, 2013 1:01 pm

Lord Simian wrote:
Ok, then, argue it.

I'm genuinely curious to hear your viewpoint. I haven't heard that argument before, so I'd like to explore it.


Also, please make my thread title make sense by not only presenting your argument, but also provide instructions on how to build a functioning car from coconut milk, dried grass, and bamboo. Thanks!


Is Nac Mr. Howell or Lovey?
User avatar

HNutz

Rain Partier

Postby HNutz » Sat Mar 09, 2013 1:32 pm

sdsichero wrote:
Is Nac Mr. Howell or Lovey?


That's better than being "the rest", right?
User avatar

Herald

YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Postby Herald » Sat Mar 09, 2013 4:11 pm

"...here on Nacireman's Isle!" :-D
User avatar

bkthomson

Rain Partier

Postby bkthomson » Sat Mar 09, 2013 4:17 pm

am I reading this that he feels that it was Alex Ross who caused JSoA to go downhill?
User avatar

BubbaKanoosh

2009 Most Valuable Poster

Postby BubbaKanoosh » Sat Mar 09, 2013 7:34 pm

The Kingdom Come arc was horrible and went on too long. It shoehorned KC characters in to the story and forcing much loved characters off to the side. Vol 2 of JSA was nowhere near as good as Vol 1, and when Ross joined the creative aspect of the book it got much worse.
User avatar

mrorangesoda

FROGMAN

Postby mrorangesoda » Sat Mar 09, 2013 9:14 pm

BubbaKanoosh wrote:The Kingdom Come arc was horrible and went on too long. It shoehorned KC characters in to the story and forcing much loved characters off to the side. Vol 2 of JSA was nowhere near as good as Vol 1, and when Ross joined the creative aspect of the book it got much worse.


Yeah, this basically. Johns certainly played a part. JSA peaked before the end of the last volume. The run up to Infinite Crisis made that book less readable- maybe Johns attentions were elsewhere.
User avatar

Frag

REAL OFFICIAL President of the Outhouse

Postby Frag » Sat Mar 09, 2013 9:18 pm

Ross' covers increased sales of JSA.

I don't like him much, but this argument doesn't make sense.
User avatar

BubbaKanoosh

2009 Most Valuable Poster

Postby BubbaKanoosh » Sat Mar 09, 2013 9:19 pm

ReturnoftheMack wrote:Ross' covers increased sales of JSA.

I don't like him much, but this argument doesn't make sense.


The beautiful covers were nullified by what he coplotted inside.
User avatar

mrorangesoda

FROGMAN

Postby mrorangesoda » Sat Mar 09, 2013 9:31 pm

Magog, guys. Magog.
User avatar

bkthomson

Rain Partier

Postby bkthomson » Sat Mar 09, 2013 9:33 pm

mrorangesoda wrote:Magog, guys. Magog.

Yeah, if he would have been kept as a villain he would have been fine.
User avatar

e_galston

Staff Writer

Postby e_galston » Sun Mar 10, 2013 12:05 am

bkthomson wrote:Yeah, if he would have been kept as a villain he would have been fine.


but its Johns' he can't just leave a villain a villain... ie Sinestro..
User avatar

mrorangesoda

FROGMAN

Postby mrorangesoda » Sun Mar 10, 2013 12:31 am

bkthomson wrote:Yeah, if he would have been kept as a villain he would have been fine.


He's a symbolic statement character. He doesn't even really work as a villain.
User avatar

dairydead

Humuhumunukunukuapuaa

Postby dairydead » Sun Mar 10, 2013 12:47 am

The only time I've ever read JSA was that run, and i loved it. It did something right.

leave a comment with facebook


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Flamebird, Google [Bot] and 41 guests