Advertisement

Fire Emblem Awakening

This is the main board on The Outhouse, where Outhousers talk about everything. No topics are off limits, and it doesn't have to be about comics. All the topics from the other boards also show up in The Asylum, so you never have to leave1

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

GLX
Outhouse Editor

Liked in: 98 posts
Title: Leader of The Society

Re: Fire Emblem Awakening

Postby GLX » Sun Mar 10, 2013 6:50 pm

sdsichero wrote:Since I am a big dummy with these kinds of games, tell which are the best pairings you have so far. Any marriages/offspring so far?

My main avatar and Frederick are pretty tight. Sully and Chrom are married. There's an archer I have that's on good terms with a lot of other characters.

john lewis wrote:Everyone but GLX has no taste.

Advertisement

sdsichero
2k11 Outhouse People's Champion

Liked in: 651 posts
Title: *NEW*
Formerly: beta-ray

Postby sdsichero » Thu Mar 14, 2013 4:55 pm

New Content Announced for Fire Emblem Awakening

Fire Emblem Awakening content just keeps on coming, from frequent SpotPass items and teams to weekly DLC maps for your playing and grinding pleasure. Today Nintendo is further adding to the experience with a brand new map and a peek at some upcoming maps you can look forward to playing.

Starting today, you'll be able to access a new SpotPass map called "A Hard Miracle," which follows Chrom as he "encounters a mysterious woman and sets off on a journey with her to rescue a group of kidnapped villagers." Like all SpotPass content, this map is also being offered free of charge.

More SpotPass fun is scheduled for the coming weeks as well. On March 28, the "Ghost of Blade" map will be made available, which presents "a haunted tale about a ghost and the ultimate sacrifice." April 11 will bring a map called "The Wellspring of Trust," which will offer an array of challenging enemies. Finally, "The Radiant Hero" map will arrive on April 25, and "takes place on an isolated island as Chrom and his allies search for a legendary hero."

ThatGuyRoman
dINGO

Liked in: 0 post
Title: That Guy, Roman.

Postby ThatGuyRoman » Thu Mar 14, 2013 5:14 pm

Yeah, th spotpass features for FE are great.

GLX
Outhouse Editor

Postby GLX » Sat Mar 23, 2013 5:51 pm

On chapter 25 on casual mode. How's everyone else doing in the game?

sdsichero

Postby sdsichero » Sun Mar 24, 2013 1:44 am

GLX wrote:On chapter 25 on casual mode. How's everyone else doing in the game?

Pretty crappy. I'm no good at this game and my characters are pretty weak. :-(

Getting my ass kicked often.

But actually having fun.

It sucks cause I am trying to also play the other games I have (eg. pushmo, Etrian Odyssey IV, Pokemon Black 2).

AND I just got Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate in the mail, LEGO City Undercover, and will end up getting Pokemon Mystery Dungeon and Luigi's Mansion 2 tomorrow.

AAAUUUGGGHHHHH!!!!

GLX
Outhouse Editor

Postby GLX » Thu Mar 28, 2013 4:28 pm

Heads up:

Paralogue 19 isn't for the average player. Go into it without some heavy leveling up beforehand, and an ass-kicking is guaranteed.

GLX
Outhouse Editor

Postby GLX » Wed Apr 03, 2013 5:45 pm

8-4: Speaking of doing something different, we have to ask a question a lot of the fans are wondering — what happened with the feet? (laughs)

Kusakihara: (Laughs) Well, they're there...they're just...omitted a little bit. The idea was to add a unique sort of deformation to the characters. As for why it ended up like this... At the start of the project, we weren't entirely sure how many bones and joints we'd be able to use in each character model. As it is now, there's a joint at the knees, and then there's nothing below that for the ankles and the feet. This makes it a bit easier to apply animation to models as well. We found out afterward that, with the 3DS, we had more than enough CPU strength available to flesh out the models a bit, add real ankles and so on. We were like "Well, if there's a next time, maybe there'll be more ankles..." (laughs)
We thought we could make it something that would work well with the characters, but now I'm not so sure. (laughs) So it's hard to give a real reason for it, but...well, I think it's kind of cute, though! (laughs) Isn't it? They look like they're wearing high heels. Aren't high heels the big fashion these days?

8-4: Did you get any feedback about this from Japanese players as well?

Kusakihara: Yeah, some people focused on the feet a lot. (laughs) I think if this was a game that involved people kicking and such, we would have put in real ankles. Instead, you're using handheld weapons for the most part, so we figured we could sort of omit some of the detail down there...

Yokota: We did get feedback about that in the playtesting sessions, but by that point it was like "Well, we can't do much about that now." (laughs)
Kusakihara: A lot of people seemed really preoccupied with the feet... Ah, well. (laughs)

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2013/0 ... yones_feet

sdsichero

Postby sdsichero » Wed Apr 03, 2013 11:46 pm

Yeah I read some of the interview at the official Fire Emblem site, pretty cool (and amusing)

I'm having a heck of a time. My characters' ratings are all so low. Many lower level enemies just cut through my guys cause they have higher ratings. :-(

GLX
Outhouse Editor

Postby GLX » Wed May 15, 2013 2:58 pm

I'm currently replaying the game on hard (classic mode), and I may just erase that data and go for lunatic (casual mode). Most of the time, I find myself quitting when one of my characters die.

sdsichero

Postby sdsichero » Wed May 15, 2013 4:38 pm

GLX wrote:I'm currently replaying the game on hard (classic mode), and I may just erase that data and go for lunatic (casual mode). Most of the time, I find myself quitting when one of my characters die.

Crap.

Well, I am like on Chap 10. Haha so sad. Haven't been playing much games recently.

GLX
Outhouse Editor

Postby GLX » Thu May 16, 2013 1:47 pm

sdsichero wrote:
Crap.

Well, I am like on Chap 10. Haha so sad. Haven't been playing much games recently.

Tried and quit Lunatic mode after trying the prologue. Insta-death seems to be the name of the game. I'm likely to quit Hard mode, since it feels odd replaying it (even if I don't have all the characters).

leave a comment with facebook

Previous

Return to The Asylum