Sunday, May 1, 2016 • Afternoon Edition • "Tom Brennan's worst nightmare."

The Outhouse - The Greatest Comic Book Forum

Comics news, comic book reviews, feature articles about comics, interviews with comic creators, plus the greatest comic book and pop culture discussion in the Outhouse forums!

The Walking Dead 3.13 "Arrow on the Doorpost" - RATE IT!

"Arrow on the Doorpost" - RATE IT!

No votes

No votes

37%

Chris, e_galston, Eli Katz, Eric Ratcliffe, holtom2000, misac, syxxpakk
26%

GOSD, Grayson, habitual, pastajoe, ~Alima~
11%

xaraan, xshane666x
11%

Amoebas, GiveWarAChance
No votes

16%

Frag, IvCNuB4, Tintin Quarantino
No votes

No votes

Total votes : 19

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Well, they're not accepting new members, but we'll take anyone here, so why not sign up for a free acount? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

Chris

Rain Partier

Postby Chris » Sun Mar 10, 2013 9:05 pm

I figure it has to be someone who the Governor currently has.

I mean, I don't know how he would attack the prison, steal someone out of there and then do it.. you know?

Eric Ratcliffe

Staff Writer

Postby Eric Ratcliffe » Sun Mar 10, 2013 9:10 pm

Serious question though and not sure if they said anything about this in the first 20 minutes of the episode as I missed it:

Why not just kill the gov there and be done with it? Would Woodbury really respond in kind of no one returned to the town?

Amoebas

Son of Stein

Postby Amoebas » Sun Mar 10, 2013 9:13 pm

Ugh. A talking episode. And one that didn't really add to anything to the season's story other than announce a 2 day deadline.

Better than the total filler episode last week - but not by much.

xshane666x

Mad Hatter

Postby xshane666x » Sun Mar 10, 2013 9:22 pm

I was bored for 75% of it. Not the best. :/

Chris

Rain Partier

Postby Chris » Sun Mar 10, 2013 9:24 pm

doombug wrote:Serious question though and not sure if they said anything about this in the first 20 minutes of the episode as I missed it:

Why not just kill the gov there and be done with it? Would Woodbury really respond in kind of no one returned to the town?

Thought about that, but it's a risk.

They don't know if the Governor has any measures in place or not, in case he doesn't return. He could have his entire army just outside the prison waiting for word that the Governor got back to Woodbury or not.

Amoebas

Son of Stein

Postby Amoebas » Sun Mar 10, 2013 9:27 pm

xshane666x wrote:I was bored for 75% of it. Not the best. :/

At 9:45, the wife and I looked at each other and in unison said "booooring". :lol:

I guessed there'd be a payout in the final act. Guess not.

xshane666x

Mad Hatter

Postby xshane666x » Sun Mar 10, 2013 9:29 pm

Amoebas wrote:At 9:45, the wife and I looked at each other and in unison said "booooring". :lol:

Not at all... :-/

Tintin Quarantino

Rain Partier

Postby Tintin Quarantino » Sun Mar 10, 2013 9:31 pm

Amoebas wrote:At 9:45, the wife and I looked at each other and in unison said "booooring". :lol:

Same.

Rockman

Rain Partier

Postby Rockman » Sun Mar 10, 2013 9:34 pm

This has always been a good show to watch while I'm playing on my kindle or something. I find it does not require my full attention to follow.

Tintin Quarantino

Rain Partier

Postby Tintin Quarantino » Sun Mar 10, 2013 9:38 pm

Watching Talking Dead, now I see why the accents have been all over the place. :lol:

Tintin Quarantino

Rain Partier

Postby Tintin Quarantino » Sun Mar 10, 2013 10:46 pm

I can't watch it over again to the end, it's pretty lousy writing. IMO.

dairydead

Humuhumunukunukuapuaa

Postby dairydead » Sun Mar 10, 2013 11:02 pm

Chris wrote:
Not much happened to progress the story.. hardly anything, infact.

But I liked the interactions.

nope. We all know from people here last week, there's no such thing as a good story that doesn't show immediate consequences. Good stories aren't about characters, don't you know?

Frag

REAL OFFICIAL President of the Outhouse

Postby Frag » Mon Mar 11, 2013 2:12 am

It's interesting that Sarah Wayne Callies is still in the credits.

Daryl is great, but he has the worst weapon and worst mode of transportation.

This episode felt like a missed opportunity. It should have been great, but dialogue isn't a strong suit of TWD writers.

Frag

Postby Frag » Mon Mar 11, 2013 2:16 am

Chris wrote:
Maybe, but I still don't trust Merle. The whole sequence of events of him going from Governor's muscle to being at the prison is way too shady. He really seems like a mole to me.

I mean, look how hard he was pushing to get Michonne to go with him and "attack the Governor"... right after we hear the Governor tell Rick that all he wants is Michonne.

Not trusting Merle makes sense. But Merle being a mole would be stupid. The Governor couldn't have known that Rick and friends were coming to save Darryl.

Frag

Postby Frag » Mon Mar 11, 2013 2:17 am

And this episode made the last episode even dumber, IMO. how convenient that Rick gets this offer in the very next episode after the one where Michonne is one of them and saves Carl. We really couldn't have had some build-up before that?

leave a comment with facebook