Sunday, June 26, 2016 • Midnight Edition • "We put the "O" in OCD."

The Outhouse - The Greatest Comic Book Forum

Comics news, comic book reviews, feature articles about comics, interviews with comic creators, plus the greatest comic book and pop culture discussion in the Outhouse forums!

Advertisement

Is It Any Good? (OFFICIAL mega THREAD)

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Well, they're not accepting new members, but we'll take anyone here, so why not sign up for a free acount? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

Keb

<( ' . ' )>

Postby Keb » Thu Feb 28, 2013 4:11 pm

Dan Jurgens Thor: good or bad?

nietoperz

The Goddamn Bat-min

Postby nietoperz » Thu Feb 28, 2013 4:20 pm

I didn't like it. That said, I think Walt Simonson spoiled Thor for me: no run will ever measure up to his.

Keb

<( ' . ' )>

Postby Keb » Thu Feb 28, 2013 9:01 pm

Okay so that's 1 for nay.

Just asking because the used book store has a bunch of them but they are apparently not numbered by volume.

oogy

Zombie Guard

Postby oogy » Fri Mar 01, 2013 7:56 am

Keb wrote:Dan Jurgens Thor: good or bad?

It's one of many things in my "to read" pile.

misac

Outhouse Editor

Postby misac » Fri Mar 01, 2013 11:03 am

Keb wrote:Dan Jurgens Thor: good or bad?

I really liked it! It got me into Thor.

I only read regularly up to the teens though. Since I don't have a local comic shop I had trouble finding issues so I read sporadically after that.

misac

Outhouse Editor

Postby misac » Fri Mar 01, 2013 11:05 am

Keb wrote:Okay so that's 1 for nay.

Just asking because the used book store has a bunch of them but they are apparently not numbered by volume.

The issues it collects shold be on the back.

If you get them and don't like them I'll buy them off you. I've been wanting to get these trades. Only if they don't stink though. :P

Keb

<( ' . ' )>

Postby Keb » Fri Mar 01, 2013 12:22 pm

misac wrote:
The issues it collects shold be on the back.

If you get them and don't like them I'll buy them off you. I've been wanting to get these trades. Only if they don't stink though. :P

Well the used book store has them pretty cheap (mostly remainders so they'll smell like used books). If you want, I can have a look and tell you what they have and pick them up for you later at some point.

Hella broke right now so I'm waiting. The good news is I got some work. The bad news is it's like 2 hours worth. :(

Keb

<( ' . ' )>

Postby Keb » Sun Mar 10, 2013 1:26 pm

How is Jonathan Hickman's F4/FF?

For that matter, how is Mark Millar's?

Eric Ratcliffe

Staff Writer

Postby Eric Ratcliffe » Sun Mar 10, 2013 2:54 pm

Keb wrote:Godland?

I've only read the first trade so far but I absolutely love it! Awesome stuff.

Eric Ratcliffe

Staff Writer

Postby Eric Ratcliffe » Sun Mar 10, 2013 2:57 pm

GiveWarAChance wrote:I'm enjoying Fatale quite a bit. How good are Criminal, Sleeper and Incognito? Which one should I read next? They all have some nice looking hardcovers out or coming out.

the two criminal hardcovers are well worth it. Though the 2 best stories appear in the first book and then the last book. :smt102

Keb

<( ' . ' )>

Postby Keb » Mon Mar 11, 2013 9:35 am

Keb wrote:How is Jonathan Hickman's F4/FF?

For that matter, how is Mark Millar's?

Lack of action on this means I ordered the first two trades just now.

TimDrake'sDumbWings

Motherfucker from Hell

Postby TimDrake'sDumbWings » Mon Mar 11, 2013 9:48 am

Keb wrote:Lack of action on this means I ordered the first two trades just now.

I have to admit, Avengers is the first time I tried Hickman. However, I'm loving those two titles so thoroughly that I'm thinking about taking a similar plunge with F4/FF and Secret Warriors.

chap22

Rain Partier

Postby chap22 » Mon Mar 11, 2013 9:52 am

Keb wrote:Lack of action on this means I ordered the first two trades just now.

Hickman's is glorious. belongs in the FF panthon with Stan/Jack, Byrne, and Waid.

Millar's is garbage.

chap22

Rain Partier

Postby chap22 » Mon Mar 11, 2013 9:54 am

TimDrake'sDumbWings wrote:
I have to admit, Avengers is the first time I tried Hickman. However, I'm loving those two titles so thoroughly that I'm thinking about taking a similar plunge with F4/FF and Secret Warriors.

you won't regret it. his FF is awesome (some slow going in the beginning, but from the "Three" arc on it rocks), and Secret Warriors is legit one of my favorite books from the last 5-10 years. if you like Nick Fury at all, it is must-read.

TimDrake'sDumbWings

Motherfucker from Hell

Postby TimDrake'sDumbWings » Mon Mar 11, 2013 9:54 am

chap22 wrote:Hickman's is glorious. belongs in the FF panthon with Stan/Jack, Byrne, and Waid.

Millar's is garbage.

Yeah, didn't make it past the first arc of Millar's. That was also around the point when Hitch's art just started becoming kind of.... BLAH.

leave a comment with facebook