Advertisement

The Walking Dead 3.13 "Arrow on the Doorpost" - RATE IT!

This is the main board on The Outhouse, where Outhousers talk about everything. No topics are off limits, and it doesn't have to be about comics. All the topics from the other boards also show up in The Asylum, so you never have to leave1

"Arrow on the Doorpost" - RATE IT!

No votes

No votes

37%

Chris, doombug, e_galston, Eli Katz, holtom2000, misac, syxxpakk
26%

GOSD, Grayson, habitual, pastajoe, ~Alima~
11%

jeremy, xshane666x
11%

Amoebas, GiveWarAChance
No votes

16%

Frag, IvCNuB4, Victorian Squid
No votes

No votes

Total votes : 19

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

Chris
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 156 posts
Title: Stuff Writer
Formerly: Chris

Re: The Walking Dead 3.13 "Arrow on the Doorpost" - RATE IT!

Postby Chris » Mon Mar 11, 2013 5:45 am

ReturnoftheMack wrote:
Not trusting Merle makes sense. But Merle being a mole would be stupid. The Governor couldn't have known that Rick and friends were coming to save Darryl.

Why wouldn't they? But plans can be easily adapted. If their goal was to get Merle to the prison somehow...

Advertisement

Frag
REAL OFFICIAL President of the Outhouse

Liked in: 70 posts
Title: Mama don't like tattletales.
Formerly: Frag It, Rusty Kuntz

Re: The Walking Dead 3.13

Postby Frag » Mon Mar 11, 2013 9:27 am

Chris wrote:Why wouldn't they? But plans can be easily adapted. If their goal was to get Merle to the prison somehow...

If the Governor knew that Rick and friends would attack at the very moment he put Merle in the arena to fight his brother then that's some Nick Fury level planning.

Now, Merle may choose to be a traitor on his own or it may be revealed that Woodbury made contact with Merle after he got to the prison (which would explain how the Governor knew about Rick's weapons haul), but for it to be pre-planned would be stupid.
Jude Terror wrote:I'll vote for NPWFBH in the next election.

Outhouse Post #1,000,000:

Frag It wrote::smt117

Chris
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Postby Chris » Mon Mar 11, 2013 10:35 am

ReturnoftheMack wrote:
If the Governor knew that Rick and friends would attack at the very moment he put Merle in the arena to fight his brother then that's some Nick Fury level planning.

Who said that? But he knew they were willing to risk coming to rescue Maggie and Glenn, so why wouldn't they come to rescue Daryl who on appearance alone seems like a more valuable asset to Rick from the Governor's viewpoint.

And he didn't seem bothered at all after the attack, strolling through the aftermath of the arena with a smug smile on his face.

It's easy enough to think Governor told Merle to find his way to the prison somehow. He didn't have to have planned everything to work out the way it did for him to want that.

pastajoe
Humuhumunukunukuapuaa

Liked in: 592 posts

Postby pastajoe » Mon Mar 11, 2013 11:14 am

I think at some point Merle will make the Governor think he's on his side, but in the end will double-cross him and do something to help Team Rick.

GOSD
Everybody lies!

Liked in: 357 posts
Title: Lick me!
Formerly: Ghost of Scooterdoom

Postby GOSD » Mon Mar 11, 2013 12:59 pm

It was an ok episode. Nothing exciting happened. Other than Glenn and Maggie getting it on.

Solid 7.

misac
Outhouse Editor

Liked in: 259 posts

Postby misac » Mon Mar 11, 2013 1:16 pm

ReturnoftheMack wrote:

Now, Merle may choose to be a traitor on his own or it may be revealed that Woodbury made contact with Merle after he got to the prison (which would explain how the Governor knew about Rick's weapons haul), but for it to be pre-planned would be stupid.

I don’t doubt the Merle would turn on the group but he wouldn’t turn on them for the Governor. He knows what a bastard he is and knows it wouldn’t be enough.

I think Merle will get killed by Glenn. Like in the comic when Rick killed that prisoner during the battle.

misac
Outhouse Editor

Liked in: 259 posts

Postby misac » Mon Mar 11, 2013 1:17 pm

I bumped it from 7 to 8, from when the Governor told Andrea to GTFO. :P

I’m hoping Darryl will go back to the meeting place and set up a trap or something and at least try to take out a couple of the Governor’s goons.

doombug
Staff Writer

Liked in: 273 posts

Postby doombug » Mon Mar 11, 2013 2:11 pm

ReturnoftheMack wrote:Daryl is great, but he has the worst weapon

Crossbow is silent, can get plenty of shots in and easy to use. He has one of the best weapons on the show.

Chris
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Postby Chris » Mon Mar 11, 2013 2:15 pm

doombug wrote:Crossbow is silent, can get plenty of shots in and easy to use. He has one of the best weapons on the show.

Agreed. Plus, he can recover his ammo.

I mean, it's worthless facing a horde, but so is just about anything else.

doombug
Staff Writer

Liked in: 273 posts

Postby doombug » Mon Mar 11, 2013 2:16 pm

Chris wrote:Agreed. Plus, he can recover his ammo.

I mean, it's worthless facing a horde, but so is just about anything else.

I really think or hope Frag was just screwing with us there. :lol:

IvCNuB4
Staff Writer

Liked in: 553 posts
Title: Stop messing with my TITLE !

Postby IvCNuB4 » Mon Mar 11, 2013 2:26 pm

Amoebas wrote:Ugh. A talking episode. And one that didn't really add to anything to the season's story other than announce a 2 day deadline.

Better than the total filler episode last week - but not by much.

Both this week's and last week's could have easily been 30 minute episodes.

Victorian Squid wrote:Watching Talking Dead, now I see why the accents have been all over the place. :lol:

Rick's accent has been getting thicker at times :lol: I missed the "Talking" show. What did they say about it ?
Victorian Squid wrote:In a DC/Marvel cross-over "all your favorite Marvel characters would catch contextually-transmitted diseases and Steph infections."

Grayson
Outhouse Drafter

Liked in: 1458 posts
Title: The Intersect
Formerly: Sakie

Postby Grayson » Mon Mar 11, 2013 2:48 pm

This episode wasn't as good as last week's episode but it still wasn't a terrible episode.

I can understand why Rick didn't immediately kill the Governor. For all he knew, the entire meeting could have been a trap. He had no way of knowing how many men the Governor brought with him and killing him could have endangered the lives of Daryl and Hershel. It was a risky gambit to even go to the meeting in the first place but since he went, he really didn't have any choice but to sit there and let it play out until it came to an end or until he was forced to make a move.

At this point, I shouldn't be surprised that Andrea thought she could end the conflict between the two groups with a little kumbaya around the campfire but I genuinely laughed out loud when both Rick and the Governor basically told her to go outside while the grown ups talk. Speaking of Andrea,why in the world would she tell the Governor secrets about Rick's group? Was it crucial to resolving the issues between the prison and Woodbury that she tell him that Shane could be the father of Lori's baby? What surprises me even more is the fact that on the Talking Dead, Chris Hardwick admitted that he actually likes Andrea!

Maggie and Glenn deciding to abandon watching the perimeter of the prison so they could fool around doesn't bother me because this was the first time they really felt like they could be intimate since they were captured and taken to Woodbury. What does bother me is the fact that ultimately nothing happened as a result. They spent all that time arguing and fighting with Merle about whether or not he was going to go out after his brother...and when their guard was literally down, nothing happened.

The extended clip from next week's episode that was shown on Talking Dead makes me nervous. It looks like that chair was set up for the Governor to torture somebody and we could make the natural conclusion that it was set up for Michonne. However, the fact that the Governor knew that Rick brought back a plethora of guns makes me think that he may have had somebody follow Rick back to King County and I am worried that he may have gotten his hands on Morgan.
ImageImageImage

Grayson
Outhouse Drafter

Liked in: 1458 posts
Title: The Intersect
Formerly: Sakie

Postby Grayson » Mon Mar 11, 2013 2:50 pm

IvCNuB4 wrote:Rick's accent has been getting thicker at times :lol: I missed the "Talking" show. What did they say about it ?

The only thing that I remember them saying about accents is that David Morrissey based his accent for the Governor off of the way Bill Clinton used to talk when he was president.
ImageImageImage

Frag
REAL OFFICIAL President of the Outhouse

Liked in: 70 posts
Title: Mama don't like tattletales.
Formerly: Frag It, Rusty Kuntz

Postby Frag » Mon Mar 11, 2013 3:07 pm

doombug wrote:Crossbow is silent, can get plenty of shots in and easy to use. He has one of the best weapons on the show.

Not when fighting humans.

And not at any point when you have to reload quickly.

And if you want to be silent, just use a gun with a silencer.
Jude Terror wrote:I'll vote for NPWFBH in the next election.

Outhouse Post #1,000,000:

Frag It wrote::smt117

habitual
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 231 posts
Title: Habinger of Doom!

Postby habitual » Mon Mar 11, 2013 3:22 pm

ReturnoftheMack wrote:
Not when fighting humans.

And not at any point when you have to reload quickly.

And if you want to be silent, just use a gun with a silencer.

Ammo is a commodity that's in short supply.

You were also incorrect about the bike. In a world filled with cars blocking many major roadways a motorcycle is a great way to get around.

Hab

leave a comment with facebook

PreviousNext

Return to The Asylum