Advertisement

I was just informed that I'm "Jewing" a student out of $4k

This is the main board on The Outhouse, where Outhousers talk about everything. No topics are off limits, and it doesn't have to be about comics. All the topics from the other boards also show up in The Asylum, so you never have to leave1

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

Keb
User avatar
<( ' . ' )>
 
Posts: 40113
Likes: 226 posts
Liked in: 377 posts
Joined: Sun Mar 26, 2006 9:14 pm
Location: Right near de mountains, boy!
Title: Wastespacer
Formerly: Cocaine Biceps


Re: I was just informed that I'm "Jewing" a student out of $

Postby Keb » Thu Mar 14, 2013 8:10 pm

S.F. Jude Terror wrote:

Yes, I'm just curious if we will get a tricky winterfolk doublespeak explanation that using it in that context has nothing to do with jewish people, or if the rationale is that if you call a tree a racial slur in the forest and there are no jews around to hear it, it doesn't make a sound.

:smt005

Advertisement

Liam Rodgers
User avatar
cheese
 
Posts: 2203
Likes: 242 posts
Liked in: 100 posts
Joined: Fri Mar 23, 2012 6:56 pm
Location: The True North, strong and free!
Title: Chronic MasterDebator
Formerly: The Beast


Re: I was just informed that I'm "Jewing" a student out of $

Postby Liam Rodgers » Thu Mar 14, 2013 10:54 pm

guitarsmashley wrote:
I don't think you know what a socialist is.


I know what context I am referring to but there's a good reason why you are confused.

From teh interwebz:

The word socialism refers to a broad range of theoretical and historical socio-economic systems, and has also been used by many political movements throughout history to describe themselves and their goals, generating numerous types of socialism. Different self-described socialists have used the term socialism to refer to different things, such as an economic system, a type of society, a philosophical outlook, a collection of moral values and ideals, or even a certain kind of human character. Some definitions of socialism are very vague, while others are so specific that they only include a small minority of the things that have been described as "socialism" in the past. There have been numerous political movements which called themselves socialist under some definition of the term; this article attempts to list them all. Some of these interpretations are mutually exclusive, and all of them have generated debates over the true meaning of socialism.


There is no singular definition that everyone agrees upon.

guitarsmashley
User avatar
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE
 
Posts: 16314
Likes: 280 posts
Liked in: 410 posts
Joined: Sun Apr 02, 2006 12:53 pm
Title: Self Important


Re: I was just informed that I'm "Jewing" a student out of $

Postby guitarsmashley » Thu Mar 14, 2013 11:03 pm

congrats, you know how to use google.
doombug wrote:You really are the george carlin of the outhouse. that's fucking hilarious.


doombug wrote:and yeah, Yoni called it. :drunk



I feel like a condemned building with a brand new flag pole.
- Les Paul

Image

muddyglass
User avatar
dr. strangelove
 
Posts: 2352
Likes: 46 posts
Liked in: 80 posts
Joined: Fri Oct 17, 2008 11:44 pm
Location: new york
Title: fear and trembling


Re: I was just informed that I'm "Jewing" a student out of $

Postby muddyglass » Thu Mar 14, 2013 11:39 pm

Ntikrst wrote:
I know what context I am referring to but there's a good reason why you are confused.

From teh interwebz:



There is no singular definition that everyone agrees upon.


ok. so, please define "socialism" as you understand it.
master ra's al ghul wrote:we sacked rome, loaded trade ships with plague rats, burned london to the ground. every time a civilization reaches the pinnacle of its decadence, we return to restore the balance.

muddyglass
User avatar
dr. strangelove
 
Posts: 2352
Likes: 46 posts
Liked in: 80 posts
Joined: Fri Oct 17, 2008 11:44 pm
Location: new york
Title: fear and trembling


Re: I was just informed that I'm "Jewing" a student out of $

Postby muddyglass » Thu Mar 14, 2013 11:43 pm

S.F. Jude Terror wrote:

Yes, I'm just curious if we will get a tricky winterfolk doublespeak explanation that using it in that context has nothing to do with jewish people, or if the rationale is that if you call a tree a racial slur in the forest and there are no jews around to hear it, it doesn't make a sound.


:lol:
master ra's al ghul wrote:we sacked rome, loaded trade ships with plague rats, burned london to the ground. every time a civilization reaches the pinnacle of its decadence, we return to restore the balance.

Liam Rodgers
User avatar
cheese
 
Posts: 2203
Likes: 242 posts
Liked in: 100 posts
Joined: Fri Mar 23, 2012 6:56 pm
Location: The True North, strong and free!
Title: Chronic MasterDebator
Formerly: The Beast


Re: I was just informed that I'm "Jewing" a student out of $

Postby Liam Rodgers » Thu Mar 14, 2013 11:59 pm

S.F. Jude Terror wrote:
You do realize that's still racist, right? :lol:


GHERU wrote:that's not better


guitarsmashley wrote:
I didn't want to point out the obvious.


Well that depends on the definition of racist, doesn't it? Let's see...

rac·ism [rey-siz-uhm]
noun
1. a belief or doctrine that inherent differences among the various human races determine cultural or individual achievement, usually involving the idea that one's own race is superior and has the right to rule others.
2. a policy, system of government, etc., based upon or fostering such a doctrine; discrimination.
3. hatred or intolerance of another race or other races.

Using Jew as a verb may be insensitive but it doesn't mean Jewish people are inferior as a whole, or deserving of subjugation. It doesn't mean every Jewish person conforms to the stereotype or that all Jews should be hated for an exaggerated stereotype either. It's just the kind of tasteless joke that Men from all cultures use to bond with one another by accusing a friend of sharing "unsavory" characteristics with a foreign entity.

It's an art form really, on a par with Yo Mama Jokes.

Liam Rodgers
User avatar
cheese
 
Posts: 2203
Likes: 242 posts
Liked in: 100 posts
Joined: Fri Mar 23, 2012 6:56 pm
Location: The True North, strong and free!
Title: Chronic MasterDebator
Formerly: The Beast


Re: I was just informed that I'm "Jewing" a student out of $

Postby Liam Rodgers » Fri Mar 15, 2013 12:05 am

guitarsmashley wrote:congrats, you know how to use google.


I just didn't think you'd take my word for it that there's many definitions for socialist, contrary to your opinion.

Liam Rodgers
User avatar
cheese
 
Posts: 2203
Likes: 242 posts
Liked in: 100 posts
Joined: Fri Mar 23, 2012 6:56 pm
Location: The True North, strong and free!
Title: Chronic MasterDebator
Formerly: The Beast


Re: I was just informed that I'm "Jewing" a student out of $

Postby Liam Rodgers » Fri Mar 15, 2013 12:08 am

muddyglass wrote:
ok. so, please define "socialism" as you understand it.


Image

You go first, enlighten me.

muddyglass
User avatar
dr. strangelove
 
Posts: 2352
Likes: 46 posts
Liked in: 80 posts
Joined: Fri Oct 17, 2008 11:44 pm
Location: new york
Title: fear and trembling


Re: I was just informed that I'm "Jewing" a student out of $

Postby muddyglass » Fri Mar 15, 2013 12:50 am

Ntikrst wrote:
Image

You go first, enlighten me.


well, first you posted this:

Ntikrst wrote:
Oh you're not.

You're a socialist for bitching on the internet about some kid using Jew as a verb when he was blowing off some steam for getting disciplined. So what if he did? Has it been so long since you were in his shoes, getting reprimanded for sub par performance?

As far as what the hell is wrong with me, I'm a libertarian trapped in a socialist society. Everywhere I look all I see is...

Image

I won't deny that I've got a chip on my shoulder. Nobody's perfect. :smt102


then you were called out by guitarsmashley for not understanding what the word "socialist" meant, to which you replied with a post about "socialism" having many meanings, one of which apparently covers your earlier usage. i simply asked for some clarification as to what exactly did you mean when you yourself used the s-word in a non-trivial (and some would say, controversial) manner. is that too much to ask for given the earlier posts in this very thread?

keep in mind, i haven't used the words "socialism" or "socialist" to say anything of note in this thread! this is not about me. if you like, you may pretend that i have absolutely no idea what "socialism" means and merely throw that word around to try to sound intelligent on internet message boards.
master ra's al ghul wrote:we sacked rome, loaded trade ships with plague rats, burned london to the ground. every time a civilization reaches the pinnacle of its decadence, we return to restore the balance.

doombug
User avatar
Staff Writer
 
Posts: 13329
Likes: 540 posts
Liked in: 184 posts
Joined: Wed Jun 04, 2008 2:48 pm
Location: Holden, Ma


Re: I was just informed that I'm "Jewing" a student out of $

Postby doombug » Fri Mar 15, 2013 1:48 am

Ntikrst wrote:
I just didn't think you'd take my word for it that there's many definitions for socialist, contrary to your opinion.

He was actually asking for your definition of socialism of which you did not provide.

Can we please get less crazy people posting here. :smt011
Image

Image

GHERU
User avatar


YOU WILL NEED A NURSE
 
Posts: 39491
Likes: 271 posts
Liked in: 382 posts
Joined: Mon Jan 14, 2008 9:03 pm
Location: Fucking Akron


Re: I was just informed that I'm "Jewing" a student out of $

Postby GHERU » Fri Mar 15, 2013 7:21 am

Ntikrst wrote:




Well that depends on the definition of racist, doesn't it? Let's see...

rac·ism [rey-siz-uhm]
noun
1. a belief or doctrine that inherent differences among the various human races determine cultural or individual achievement, usually involving the idea that one's own race is superior and has the right to rule others.
2. a policy, system of government, etc., based upon or fostering such a doctrine; discrimination.
3. hatred or intolerance of another race or other races.

Using Jew as a verb may be insensitive but it doesn't mean Jewish people are inferior as a whole, or deserving of subjugation. It doesn't mean every Jewish person conforms to the stereotype or that all Jews should be hated for an exaggerated stereotype either. It's just the kind of tasteless joke that Men from all cultures use to bond with one another by accusing a friend of sharing "unsavory" characteristics with a foreign entity.

It's an art form really, on a par with Yo Mama Jokes.

I bolded an important word here
Yea, I'll tell your mama jokes to my friends
I'll tell Jew jokes to my Heberw School classmates
My close non-Jewish friends can tell them to me

You used the word "Jew" as an insult (unless you like socialists, and even then its still a generalization)
yoni is not your friend
using "Jew" as an insult is still an insult, you are using yoni and my religion to put down other people, equating the religion with bad connotations.

it is an art form, and your art is on par with that of a 7th grade lunch room
RUviews
Benderbrau wrote:Welcome to the Outhouse. Where civility means you're doing it wrong.

Image

Jack Burton
User avatar
biny little tird
 
Posts: 12225
Likes: 0 post
Liked in: 42 posts
Joined: Tue Jun 10, 2008 5:20 pm
Location: Braintree, MA


Re: I was just informed that I'm "Jewing" a student out of $

Postby Jack Burton » Fri Mar 15, 2013 7:41 am

GHERU wrote:


More like a 4 year old's finger painting.

bkthomson
User avatar
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE
 
Posts: 23426
Likes: 7 posts
Liked in: 45 posts
Joined: Mon Jul 07, 2008 2:14 pm
Location: Indianapolis, IN
Title: Invisible Man of the Outhouse


Re: I was just informed that I'm "Jewing" a student out of $

Postby bkthomson » Fri Mar 15, 2013 7:44 am

GHERU wrote:I bolded an important word here
Yea, I'll tell your mama jokes to my friends
I'll tell Jew jokes to my Heberw School classmates
My close non-Jewish friends can tell them to me

You used the word "Jew" as an insult (unless you like socialists, and even then its still a generalization)
yoni is not your friend
using "Jew" as an insult is still an insult, you are using yoni and my religion to put down other people, equating the religion with bad connotations.

it is an art form, and your art is on par with that of a 7th grade lunch room


I am Jewish and I agree with RU. So I hope learn something here and maybe you will be able to walk away from this conversation with a little more education than you came in with.
I used to have goals. They were evil goals, but they were goals. -- Dr. Heinz Doofenshmirtz

Dragavon wrote:He's being diplomatic again. :lol:

Zechs wrote:I have to repress you more. You're way too goodie two shoes.

Fat Ollie Weeks wrote:I swear to God, you are so boring sometimes I think you're just a stealth-mod-bot that Jude has coded.

Evan Meadow
Motherfucker from Hell
 
Posts: 2636
Likes: 17 posts
Liked in: 13 posts
Joined: Tue Jun 17, 2008 2:47 am


Re: I was just informed that I'm "Jewing" a student out of $

Postby Evan Meadow » Fri Mar 15, 2013 8:04 am

GHERU wrote:I bolded an important word here
Yea, I'll tell your mama jokes to my friends
I'll tell Jew jokes to my Heberw School classmates
My close non-Jewish friends can tell them to me

You used the word "Jew" as an insult (unless you like socialists, and even then its still a generalization)
yoni is not your friend
using "Jew" as an insult is still an insult, you are using yoni and my religion to put down other people, equating the religion with bad connotations.

it is an art form, and your art is on par with that of a 7th grade lunch room


PREACH IT! And always glad to find another member of the tribe!

guitarsmashley
User avatar
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE
 
Posts: 16314
Likes: 280 posts
Liked in: 410 posts
Joined: Sun Apr 02, 2006 12:53 pm
Title: Self Important


Re: I was just informed that I'm "Jewing" a student out of $

Postby guitarsmashley » Fri Mar 15, 2013 9:05 am

Really it all depends what kind of socialism you're talking about.

There is Marxist Socialism which is the ideal of redistribution of wealth or Stalinist Socialism which isn't socialism as much as it is dictatorship, there is also National Socialism or Nazi Party politics so yes, there are indeed many kinds of socialism but complaining on the internet is not socialism.
doombug wrote:You really are the george carlin of the outhouse. that's fucking hilarious.


doombug wrote:and yeah, Yoni called it. :drunk



I feel like a condemned building with a brand new flag pole.
- Les Paul

Image

leave a comment with facebook

PreviousNext

Return to The Asylum



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 70 guests

Advertisement