Advertisement

I was just informed that I'm "Jewing" a student out of $4k

This is the main board on The Outhouse, where Outhousers talk about everything. No topics are off limits, and it doesn't have to be about comics. All the topics from the other boards also show up in The Asylum, so you never have to leave1

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

Mr. Log
User avatar
rubber spoon
 
Posts: 6484
Likes: 236 posts
Liked in: 254 posts
Joined: Sat Dec 26, 2009 12:43 am
Title: Bitch, I'm fabulous
Formerly: Log-Man


Re: I was just informed that I'm "Jewing" a student out of $

Postby Mr. Log » Fri Mar 15, 2013 9:28 am

S.F. Jude Terror wrote:

Yes, I'm just curious if we will get a tricky winterfolk doublespeak explanation that using it in that context has nothing to do with jewish people, or if the rationale is that if you call a tree a racial slur in the forest and there are no jews around to hear it, it doesn't make a sound.

:lol: :lol:

Advertisement

GOSD
User avatar
Everybody lies!
 
Posts: 25533
Likes: 9 posts
Liked in: 357 posts
Joined: Thu Dec 20, 2007 10:06 pm
Location: Upstate NY
Title: Lick me!
Formerly: Ghost of Scooterdoom


Re: I was just informed that I'm "Jewing" a student out of $

Postby GOSD » Fri Mar 15, 2013 10:24 am

Time to throw you down the well, yoni.

guitarsmashley
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE
 
Posts: 16325
Likes: 284 posts
Liked in: 411 posts
Joined: Sun Apr 02, 2006 12:53 pm
Title: Self Important


Re: I was just informed that I'm "Jewing" a student out of $

Postby guitarsmashley » Fri Mar 15, 2013 11:07 am

GOSD wrote:Time to throw you down the well, yoni.


In my country there is problem.
doombug wrote:You really are the george carlin of the outhouse. that's fucking hilarious.


doombug wrote:and yeah, Yoni called it. :drunk



I feel like a condemned building with a brand new flag pole.
- Les Paul

S.F. Jude Terror
User avatar
OMCTO
 
Posts: 77415
Likes: 701 posts
Liked in: 1150 posts
Joined: Thu Jun 12, 2008 11:44 pm
Location: Up Your Ass
Title: Webmaster Supreme
Formerly: Dr. Jude Terror



Liam Rodgers
User avatar
Motherfucker from Hell
 
Posts: 2323
Likes: 311 posts
Liked in: 143 posts
Joined: Fri Mar 23, 2012 6:56 pm
Location: The True North, strong and free!
Title: Chronic MasterDebator
Formerly: The Beast


Re: I was just informed that I'm "Jewing" a student out of $

Postby Liam Rodgers » Fri Mar 15, 2013 1:40 pm

GHERU wrote:I bolded an important word here
Yea, I'll tell your mama jokes to my friends
I'll tell Jew jokes to my Heberw School classmates
My close non-Jewish friends can tell them to me

You used the word "Jew" as an insult (unless you like socialists, and even then its still a generalization)
yoni is not your friend
using "Jew" as an insult is still an insult, you are using yoni and my religion to put down other people, equating the religion with bad connotations.

it is an art form, and your art is on par with that of a7th grade lunch room


LMFAO, you sound like a 14 year old girl in junior high, who runs around assessing everyone's maturity levels.

When, exactly, did I use Jew as an insult against yoni? All I did was challenge him on why tasteless humor based on cultural stereotypes is such a big deal that he brings it up on the internet. I experience negative feedback for my religious beliefs and philosophical outlook by the same posters, who are now offended by me advocating tasteless humor about cultural stereotypes, so why the double standard? Oh I get it, Judaism is legit but Ancient Aliens aren't. Progressive Socialism that empowers the bureaucrat at the expense of the individual is legit but Libertarianism that empowers the individual and limits the bureaucrat isn't. It's easy to dish out but nobody can take it anymore.

Gotcha. :smt011

I can't stop people from ridiculing me for my Winterfolk philosophy and every time Jude or someone else does, it's just as "racist" as me using Jew as a verb, right? Except I didn't actually use Jew as a verb here, I only rationalized that the use of Jew as a verb and other cultural stereotypical humor isn't truly racist because it doesn't necessarily advocate hatred or intolerance. Just because I might use Jew as a verb in a tasteless joke doesn't mean I would ever verbally assault a Jewish person or tolerate such abuse to happen in my presence, unlike the rest of the people here who make repeated insults to my intelligence and my sanity for my beliefs. Now are they just having fun with tasteless humor, or because the tasteless humor is aimed directly at me and the tasteless humor is intended to serve as a rallying call to others in order to advocate intolerance and or hatred for me, does that context make their tasteless humor, "racist"?

Aye, there's the rub, it always boils down to context. For me to admit that I use cultural stereotypical humor in selective company isn't racist any more than it is when your good friends bust your ballz about being Jewish, or you bust theirs for not being part of the tribe, however, every time someone here labels me as sub standard for my Winterfolk philosophy, they are doing so in a mean spirit to advocate intolerance and hatred of me. That is, in fact, truly "racist".

Now here's the big difference between me and all the rest; I don't really care because sticks and stones are the only things I have to worry about. Names don't hurt me because I know my detractors are ignorant hypocrites who have abandoned common sense for the conventional wisdom of Groupthink. I wouldn't dream of giving them the satisfaction of knowing that they possibly hurt my feelings; that would empower them. I certainly wouldn't criminalize their behavior in order to rationalize increased censorship as a pre emptive measure so I wouldn't have to confront my fears of being ostracized and ridiculed by people that don't like me.

I have plenty of courage to face any and all challenges in life and even if I can't, I'll fake it till I make it.
Last edited by Liam Rodgers on Fri Mar 15, 2013 2:54 pm, edited 4 times in total.

Chesscub
User avatar
WTF is this rank?
 
Posts: 11631
Likes: 0 post
Liked in: 9 posts
Joined: Thu Feb 12, 2009 2:22 pm
Location: Dracut, MA
Title: Bear du jour


Re: I was just informed that I'm "Jewing" a student out of $

Postby Chesscub » Fri Mar 15, 2013 1:41 pm

Seeing the responses to Nkrist makes me happy that he's the only person I put on ignore.

GOSD
User avatar
Everybody lies!
 
Posts: 25533
Likes: 9 posts
Liked in: 357 posts
Joined: Thu Dec 20, 2007 10:06 pm
Location: Upstate NY
Title: Lick me!
Formerly: Ghost of Scooterdoom


Re: I was just informed that I'm "Jewing" a student out of $

Postby GOSD » Fri Mar 15, 2013 2:19 pm

Nt, you need to relax...

b.lumpkin
User avatar
Twenty-Something
 
Posts: 28801
Likes: 11 posts
Liked in: 53 posts
Joined: Thu Jun 12, 2008 5:21 pm
Location: Houston
Title: rebel from the waist down
Formerly: barrylincoln



S.F. Jude Terror
User avatar
OMCTO
 
Posts: 77415
Likes: 701 posts
Liked in: 1150 posts
Joined: Thu Jun 12, 2008 11:44 pm
Location: Up Your Ass
Title: Webmaster Supreme
Formerly: Dr. Jude Terror


Re: I was just informed that I'm "Jewing" a student out of $

Postby S.F. Jude Terror » Fri Mar 15, 2013 3:28 pm

GOSD wrote:Nt, you need to relax...



This is good advice.
Image
I LOVE BLUD BLOOD! - Rob Liefeld

S.F. Jude Terror
User avatar
OMCTO
 
Posts: 77415
Likes: 701 posts
Liked in: 1150 posts
Joined: Thu Jun 12, 2008 11:44 pm
Location: Up Your Ass
Title: Webmaster Supreme
Formerly: Dr. Jude Terror


Re: I was just informed that I'm "Jewing" a student out of $

Postby S.F. Jude Terror » Fri Mar 15, 2013 4:13 pm

Ntikrst wrote:
LMFAO, you sound like a 14 year old girl in junior high, who runs around assessing everyone's maturity levels.

When, exactly, did I use Jew as an insult against yoni? All I did was challenge him on why tasteless humor based on cultural stereotypes is such a big deal that he brings it up on the internet. I experience negative feedback for my religious beliefs and philosophical outlook by the same posters, who are now offended by me advocating tasteless humor about cultural stereotypes, so why the double standard? Oh I get it, Judaism is legit but Ancient Aliens aren't. Progressive Socialism that empowers the bureaucrat at the expense of the individual is legit but Libertarianism that empowers the individual and limits the bureaucrat isn't. It's easy to dish out but nobody can take it anymore.

Gotcha. :smt011

I can't stop people from ridiculing me for my Winterfolk philosophy and every time Jude or someone else does, it's just as "racist" as me using Jew as a verb, right? Except I didn't actually use Jew as a verb here, I only rationalized that the use of Jew as a verb and other cultural stereotypical humor isn't truly racist because it doesn't necessarily advocate hatred or intolerance. Just because I might use Jew as a verb in a tasteless joke doesn't mean I would ever verbally assault a Jewish person or tolerate such abuse to happen in my presence, unlike the rest of the people here who make repeated insults to my intelligence and my sanity for my beliefs. Now are they just having fun with tasteless humor, or because the tasteless humor is aimed directly at me and the tasteless humor is intended to serve as a rallying call to others in order to advocate intolerance and or hatred for me, does that context make their tasteless humor, "racist"?

Aye, there's the rub, it always boils down to context. For me to admit that I use cultural stereotypical humor in selective company isn't racist any more than it is when your good friends bust your ballz about being Jewish, or you bust theirs for not being part of the tribe, however, every time someone here labels me as sub standard for my Winterfolk philosophy, they are doing so in a mean spirit to advocate intolerance and hatred of me. That is, in fact, truly "racist".

Now here's the big difference between me and all the rest; I don't really care because sticks and stones are the only things I have to worry about. Names don't hurt me because I know my detractors are ignorant hypocrites who have abandoned common sense for the conventional wisdom of Groupthink. I wouldn't dream of giving them the satisfaction of knowing that they possibly hurt my feelings; that would empower them. I certainly wouldn't criminalize their behavior in order to rationalize increased censorship as a pre emptive measure so I wouldn't have to confront my fears of being ostracized and ridiculed by people that don't like me.

I have plenty of courage to face any and all challenges in life and even if I can't, I'll fake it till I make it.


Ntkrist, here's the thing. I understand your libertarian views dictate that you should be able to say whatever you want because words do not infringe on people's rights. I'd even agree with that in theory.

The thing is, we don't live in a libertarian utopia. We live a civilization where we share space with each other. The same is true of this forum. It is a small community of people who are mostly friendly to each other.

It's not polite to say that you believe "Jew" is a word that should be used to mean "ripped off" or "cheap." You may feel that someone shouldn't allow themselves to be insulted by that, or that they are silly for being insulted like that, but the end result is that you're the one no one wants to hang out because you're "that guy," the guy that's saying shit that's offensive just to prove a point. Maybe you prove your point, you know, to yourself and the two people that already agree with you (Food Eater Lad and Thunderstorm). To everyone else, you've just pissed them off and they're not listening to your message.

I know because I've been that guy.

So take this friendly advice: I enjoy your "thought-provoking conversation" about stuff like winterfolk and summerfolk, or aliens, or libertarian philospohy.

Stick to that, and avoid racial slurs, even if you think you're being intellectual about it. It's just not the kind of thing you can have a polite conversation about. You can blame whoever you want, but it is what it is.

I'd prefer to see you stick around here. People make some concessions to be part of a group. This is the time to make that concession. Just walk away from this argument, change the topic or something, and try to think, "is there really any reason I should say this other than to shock people?" If the answer is no, maybe pick your battles and save it for another time.

-Your Friend, Jude Terror
Image
I LOVE BLUD BLOOD! - Rob Liefeld

guitarsmashley
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE
 
Posts: 16325
Likes: 284 posts
Liked in: 411 posts
Joined: Sun Apr 02, 2006 12:53 pm
Title: Self Important


Re: I was just informed that I'm "Jewing" a student out of $

Postby guitarsmashley » Fri Mar 15, 2013 5:17 pm

GOSD wrote:Nt, you need to relax...


Or masturbate while wearing a very, very very tight neck tie. You know, whatever.
doombug wrote:You really are the george carlin of the outhouse. that's fucking hilarious.


doombug wrote:and yeah, Yoni called it. :drunk



I feel like a condemned building with a brand new flag pole.
- Les Paul

guitarsmashley
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE
 
Posts: 16325
Likes: 284 posts
Liked in: 411 posts
Joined: Sun Apr 02, 2006 12:53 pm
Title: Self Important


Re: I was just informed that I'm "Jewing" a student out of $

Postby guitarsmashley » Fri Mar 15, 2013 5:24 pm

S.F. Jude Terror wrote:
Ntkrist, here's the thing. I understand your libertarian views dictate that you should be able to say whatever you want because words do not infringe on people's rights. I'd even agree with that in theory.

The thing is, we don't live in a libertarian utopia. We live a civilization where we share space with each other. The same is true of this forum. It is a small community of people who are mostly friendly to each other.

It's not polite to say that you believe "Jew" is a word that should be used to mean "ripped off" or "cheap." You may feel that someone shouldn't allow themselves to be insulted by that, or that they are silly for being insulted like that, but the end result is that you're the one no one wants to hang out because you're "that guy," the guy that's saying shit that's offensive just to prove a point. Maybe you prove your point, you know, to yourself and the two people that already agree with you (Food Eater Lad and Thunderstorm). To everyone else, you've just pissed them off and they're not listening to your message.

I know because I've been that guy.

So take this friendly advice: I enjoy your "thought-provoking conversation" about stuff like winterfolk and summerfolk, or aliens, or libertarian philospohy.

Stick to that, and avoid racial slurs, even if you think you're being intellectual about it. It's just not the kind of thing you can have a polite conversation about. You can blame whoever you want, but it is what it is.

I'd prefer to see you stick around here. People make some concessions to be part of a group. This is the time to make that concession. Just walk away from this argument, change the topic or something, and try to think, "is there really any reason I should say this other than to shock people?" If the answer is no, maybe pick your battles and save it for another time.

-Your Friend, Jude Terror



Who the fuck are you?
doombug wrote:You really are the george carlin of the outhouse. that's fucking hilarious.


doombug wrote:and yeah, Yoni called it. :drunk



I feel like a condemned building with a brand new flag pole.
- Les Paul

S.F. Jude Terror
User avatar
OMCTO
 
Posts: 77415
Likes: 701 posts
Liked in: 1150 posts
Joined: Thu Jun 12, 2008 11:44 pm
Location: Up Your Ass
Title: Webmaster Supreme
Formerly: Dr. Jude Terror


Re: I was just informed that I'm "Jewing" a student out of $

Postby S.F. Jude Terror » Fri Mar 15, 2013 5:28 pm

guitarsmashley wrote:

Who the fuck are you?


I can be honest once in a while! It's hard to be Jude Terror 24/7! :lol:
Image
I LOVE BLUD BLOOD! - Rob Liefeld

Victorian Squid
User avatar
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE
 
Posts: 32054
Likes: 110 posts
Liked in: 129 posts
Joined: Sat Sep 27, 2008 10:04 am
Formerly: Schmormerly


Re: I was just informed that I'm "Jewing" a student out of $

Postby Victorian Squid » Fri Mar 15, 2013 6:04 pm

S.F. Jude Terror wrote:
I can be honest once in a while! It's hard to be Jude Terror 24/7! :lol:


Dammit, if there's one thing we've learned this week, it's that a little earnestness is murder on a thread!

We've been Jude'd! :x

guitarsmashley
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE
 
Posts: 16325
Likes: 284 posts
Liked in: 411 posts
Joined: Sun Apr 02, 2006 12:53 pm
Title: Self Important


Re: I was just informed that I'm "Jewing" a student out of $

Postby guitarsmashley » Fri Mar 15, 2013 7:06 pm

Victorian Squid wrote:
Dammit, if there's one thing we've learned this week, it's that a little earnestness is murder on a thread!

We've been Jude'd! :x


I blame it on the weight loss.
doombug wrote:You really are the george carlin of the outhouse. that's fucking hilarious.


doombug wrote:and yeah, Yoni called it. :drunk



I feel like a condemned building with a brand new flag pole.
- Les Paul

leave a comment with facebook

PreviousNext

Return to The Asylum



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 38 guests

Advertisement