Advertisement

Dragavon Passed Away in October

This is the main board on The Outhouse, where Outhousers talk about everything. No topics are off limits, and it doesn't have to be about comics. All the topics from the other boards also show up in The Asylum, so you never have to leave1

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

bkthomson
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 0 post
Title: Invisible Man of the Outhouse

Re: Dragavon Passed Away in October

Postby bkthomson » Fri Mar 08, 2013 6:30 pm

Keb wrote:I don't know exactly and I can't speak for others, but if it was suicide I imagine some people may feel guilty that they couldn't help him. Personally, I would be upset knowing that I interacted in some capacity with him every day and couldn't/didn't help him.

That is how I felt as a person who talked him live, as other members of the podcast, for well over a year every Sunday for two to three hours, it makes me wonder, accident or not, if there was something I missed.
I used to have goals. They were evil goals, but they were goals. -- Dr. Heinz Doofenshmirtz

Dragavon wrote:He's being diplomatic again. :lol:

Zechs wrote:I have to repress you more. You're way too goodie two shoes.

Fat Ollie Weeks wrote:I swear to God, you are so boring sometimes I think you're just a stealth-mod-bot that Jude has coded.

Advertisement

Zenguru
Staff Writer

Postby Zenguru » Mon Mar 11, 2013 2:00 am

Saw this on facebook a while ago. Very sad. I liked him. :cry:

prozacman
Expert Post Whore

Title: Sir PopsPills Alot
Formerly: Darth Prozac

Postby prozacman » Mon Mar 11, 2013 4:26 pm

bkthomson wrote:
That is how I felt as a person who talked him live, as other members of the podcast, for well over a year every Sunday for two to three hours, it makes me wonder, accident or not, if there was something I missed.

He told us a few times in the preshow that he would take a short cut across the tracks because it was almost an hour difference to get to town. He even said that he had a close call once because he was listening to his MP3 player and almost got hit. Didn't hear the train coming untill he could feel the rumble. I see teens walking on the tracks to get to the mall near my place almost once a week.

Having to deal with depression my self, I can get the sence of when some one else is going to that dark place. I never got that vibe from Dragavon. He still had passion for the things he wanted to talk about on the show. Talking about what's happening in fictional characters' lives becomes unimportant when your feeling down and out. His last shows had a few good rants. Granted, I stopped being able to hang and talk after the show awhile ago so you guys might know some thing I don't. But based on the info I have plus personal experience, I think this really was an accident.

e_galston
Staff Writer

Liked in: 6 posts
Formerly: Sitebreaker

Postby e_galston » Mon Mar 11, 2013 7:12 pm

yeah I'm in the same boat as you prozacman, i can tell when others are in the type of head space that htey'd kill themselves. Drag never seemed like that. He was genuinely happy with life.

Schlemmer
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 1 post
Title: Hot-Linker
Formerly: Schlemmer; spelled the same but sounds different

Postby Schlemmer » Fri Mar 15, 2013 11:18 am

being genuine here, is it respectful or dis-respectful to continue posting in a thread that Dragavon created?

What is the policy? What is the opinion?

bkthomson
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Postby bkthomson » Fri Mar 15, 2013 11:36 am

Schlemmer wrote:being genuine here, is it respectful or dis-respectful to continue posting in a thread that Dragavon created?

Go ahead, people still post in the twenty something and that was created by a user who has passed.
I used to have goals. They were evil goals, but they were goals. -- Dr. Heinz Doofenshmirtz

Fat Ollie Weeks wrote:I swear to God, you are so boring sometimes I think you're just a stealth-mod-bot that Jude has coded.

nietoperz
The Goddamn Bat-min

Title: Forum Manager

Postby nietoperz » Fri Mar 15, 2013 1:20 pm

jaxstraww wrote:

Talking about a passion to online friends is one thing. Once the mic is off back to real life and that is when issues can be real again. This talk of catching something and fixing it is utter bullshit. Parents lose kids to suicide all the time and are blindsided by it. To think that a few online friends talking comic books could see a suicide issue? Just no way and if you are beating yourself up over it knock it off and go volunteer at a facility for at risk youth and make up for it.

Sent from my SPH-M930BST using Tapatalk 2

Might I cordially suggest you take this line of debate to pm? This thread is not the place for it.

nietoperz
The Goddamn Bat-min

Title: Forum Manager

Postby nietoperz » Fri Mar 15, 2013 1:35 pm

jaxstraww wrote:No debating here. Just replying to a question.

Final word on this: no you weren't. You were debating a statement Prozac made in reply to someone else. Best leave it now, IMO.

bkthomson
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Postby bkthomson » Fri Mar 15, 2013 1:52 pm

jaxstraww wrote:Final word on this.......move on cop. No one was dimishing the guy who died. You brought more attention to my post than needed.........

Sent from my SPH-M930BST using Tapatalk 2

Bye.

J.M. Hunter
Motherfucker from Hell

Title: The Beast!

Postby J.M. Hunter » Mon Mar 18, 2013 4:43 pm

:-(

DMM
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Title: Former Twenty Something
Formerly: DeathMetalMetrosexual

Postby DMM » Mon Mar 18, 2013 9:30 pm

I just beat Dragavon's Hero Score on the Captain America table on Marvel Pinball. :-(

e_galston
Staff Writer

Liked in: 6 posts
Formerly: Sitebreaker

Postby e_galston » Mon Mar 18, 2013 9:54 pm

Schlemmer wrote:being genuine here, is it respectful or dis-respectful to continue posting in a thread that Dragavon created?

to me that's a way to honor them in a way... i don't think he'd want us to NOT continue talking about it

leave a comment with facebook

Previous

Return to The Asylum