Advertisement

Avengers 2 Holds Up Firefly Kickstarter, Browncoats' Hopes Dashed

This is the main board on The Outhouse, where Outhousers talk about everything. No topics are off limits, and it doesn't have to be about comics. All the topics from the other boards also show up in The Asylum, so you never have to leave1

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

LOLtron
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 10 posts

Postby LOLtron » Fri Mar 15, 2013 9:36 am

Browncoats were disheartened to hear that Whedon wouldn't immediately drop everything to make a Firefly movie.

Source: Buzzfeed

With the Veronica Mars Kickstarter reaching its $2,000,000 goal in less than a day, fans of other cult television shows quickly began to speculate whether their beloved shows could be resurrected via crowdsurfing. 

Fans of Firefly, or Firebronies, quickly had their hopes dashed by the cruel words of Joss Whedon, who bluntly stated that he was too busy making money to cater to the delusions of a cult fanbase of a decade old show.  "It also remains the case that I’m booked up by Marvel for the next three years, and that I haven’t even been able to get Dr. Horrible 2 off the ground because of that," Whedon said in an interview with Buzzfeed.  "So I don’t even entertain the notion of entertaining the notion of doing this, and won’t."

Of course, Firebronies didn't take the news well.  Some responded by ignoring the conversation ever took place.  For instance, Bleeding Cool, which published and retracted news of a Firefly reboot, immediately published and then retracted an article saying that Joss Whedon was about to start Kickstarting the Firefly movie as soon as he turned in his notice at Marvel. 

Others felt despair at the news.  "WHHHHHHHHHHHHHHY?" screamed Joseph Trumbull, the organizer of over a dozen failed Internet petitions to bring back the show, to the heavens. "Why are the Gods so cruel?  Why, Joss Whedon, why?" 

Some Firebronies even lashed out in anger.  "I will not support Avengers 2, or any other project until Joss Whedon makes a Firefly movie," said Olivia Brigdon, as she burned a t-shirt with Joss Whedon's face on its front.  "He owes it to me for making me fall in love with his deep and complex universe.  Besides, Avengers 1 wasn't even that good of a movie."

However, the large majority of Firebronies remained delusionally optimistic.  "I've already started up the Firefly Kickstarter Countdown," said webmaster Tude Jerror of the fansite Browncoatsforever.com.  "Whedon said he'll do a Kickstarter in three years and I know he won't back out of that offhand comment."

Written or Contributed by ThanosCopter

READ THIS ARTICLE ON THE FRONT PAGE, HUMANS!

Advertisement

Rockman
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 19 posts
Formerly: AMS

S.F. Jude Terror
OMCTO

Liked in: 82 posts
Title: Webmaster Supreme
Formerly: Dr. Jude Terror

Re: Avengers 2 Holds Up Firefly Kickstarter, Browncoats' Hop

Postby S.F. Jude Terror » Fri Mar 15, 2013 9:49 am

That Tude Jerror sounds like a smart guy. I'll bet his website is awesomely designed and full of interesting content.
I LOVE BLUD BLOOD! - Rob Liefeld

chap22
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 16 posts
Title: Pretentious curmudgeon

Postby chap22 » Fri Mar 15, 2013 9:59 am

Firefly wasn't even any good. the movie was OK, but the show sucked.
rdrsfn82 wrote:Chap is right.

john lewis wrote:I got nothing but respect for [Chap]

jsalwen wrote:You're the man, Chap.

DMM wrote:Chap knows what he's talking about.

MoneyMelon wrote:chap is right about pretty much everything

GOSD wrote:chap FTW!

Ntikrst wrote:Chap's right

oogy wrote:All those quotes in your sig ain't lying.

Victorian Squid
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 0 post
Formerly: Schmormerly

Postby Victorian Squid » Fri Mar 15, 2013 12:12 pm

The last thing I would ever want is Whedon returning to fuck up Firefly again like he did with the movie Serenity.

Stick to making mediocre pajama jams like The Avengers, he's found his niche there.
Last edited by Victorian Squid on Fri Mar 15, 2013 12:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

GHERU
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 15 posts

Postby GHERU » Fri Mar 15, 2013 12:24 pm

Victorian Squid wrote:I like where he calls people asking him about it on panels "schmucks".

where did he do this?
RUviews
Benderbrau wrote:Welcome to the Outhouse. Where civility means you're doing it wrong.

Victorian Squid
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 0 post
Formerly: Schmormerly

Postby Victorian Squid » Fri Mar 15, 2013 12:40 pm

GHERU wrote:where did he do this?

Oops, my mistake, he didn't say that--Rich Johnston apparently just can't master article formatting or use of quotes to avoid confusion!

That schmuck!

chap22
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 16 posts
Title: Pretentious curmudgeon

Postby chap22 » Fri Mar 15, 2013 1:30 pm

Victorian Squid wrote:The last thing I would ever want is Whedon returning to fuck up Firefly again like he did with the movie Serenity.

Stick to making mediocre pajama jams like The Avengers, he's found his niche there.

if by fuck up, you mean "actually making it semi-entertaining", then yes, he fucked it up.
rdrsfn82 wrote:Chap is right.

john lewis wrote:I got nothing but respect for [Chap]

jsalwen wrote:You're the man, Chap.

DMM wrote:Chap knows what he's talking about.

MoneyMelon wrote:chap is right about pretty much everything

GOSD wrote:chap FTW!

Ntikrst wrote:Chap's right

oogy wrote:All those quotes in your sig ain't lying.

leave a comment with facebook

Return to The Asylum