Tuesday, August 30, 2016 • Evening Edition • "ISIS approved!"

The Outhouse - The Greatest Comic Book Forum

Comics news, comic book reviews, feature articles about comics, interviews with comic creators, plus the greatest comic book and pop culture discussion in the Outhouse forums!

Advertisement

Age of Ultron #2

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Well, they're not accepting new members, but we'll take anyone here, so why not sign up for a free acount? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

User avatar

Lord Simian

The Lord of the Monkeys

Postby Lord Simian » Sat Mar 16, 2013 4:27 am

Jubilee wrote:It was bad.

But it's got nothing to do with Ultron not showing up. He's really not needed.


He's not needed in Age of Ultron? Isn't that like saying Macbeth isn't needed in Macbeth? :P

3MJ

Postby 3MJ » Sat Mar 16, 2013 7:06 am

What is the character adding to this story? What would an appearance from Ultron offer?

He's one of the most one dimensional and mundane characters around. Thank fuck Bendis hasn't included him so far, one admittedly small mercy.

Think of it this way... The best parts of the AOA didn't include apocalypse.
User avatar

KING King Impulse

Teenage Wasteland

Postby KING King Impulse » Sat Mar 16, 2013 7:34 am

fieldy snuts wrote:Solicitations are pretty all over the place. This seems to be THE Peter Parker yet one of the tie-ins is clearly Octavius Parker.

I dunno, this is a fortnightly book isn't it? Maybe he figures that becuase he's doing 10 books in about 4 months that he can get away with super decompression.

It was't planned that way though, it was supposed to come out like a year ago but Hitch was too slow, then he quit the book all together, so they had to finish it with Pacheco, Peterson and Quesada.

I think they should have scrapped it all together, or at least scrap Hitch's stuff and make it look consisten. The time has passed where it could work properly in this form, the characters and the MU are in wildly different places and it just feels really forced.
User avatar

BubbaKanoosh

2009 Most Valuable Poster

Postby BubbaKanoosh » Sat Mar 16, 2013 7:39 am

fieldy snuts wrote:Solicitations are pretty all over the place. This seems to be THE Peter Parker yet one of the tie-ins is clearly Octavius Parker.

I dunno, this is a fortnightly book isn't it? Maybe he figures that becuase he's doing 10 books in about 4 months that he can get away with super decompression.


I'm pretty sure that was an event that was supposed to come out a while ago. But do to Hitch's slow paced mediocre ar best artistic skills, it was delayed. Hense three artists doing this entire event. So it was probably written as Pete, but edited slightly. Cap is still wearing his old outfit.

Either way, Pym is going to go all nutso at the end if this mini.
User avatar

BubbaKanoosh

2009 Most Valuable Poster

Postby BubbaKanoosh » Sat Mar 16, 2013 7:39 am

KING King Impulse wrote:It was't planned that way though, it was supposed to come out like a year ago but Hitch was too slow, then he quit the book all together, so they had to finish it with Pacheco, Peterson and Quesada.

I think they should have scrapped it all together, or at least scrap Hitch's stuff and make it look consisten. The time has passed where it could work properly in this form, the characters and the MU are in wildly different places and it just feels really forced.


lol you eat me to it, you shit!
User avatar

Punchy

Staff Writer

Postby Punchy » Sat Mar 16, 2013 9:04 am

Slott tweeted something this week about how the Spider-Man we've seen in AoU so far is SpOck, and it will be explained in the Superior tie-in issue.


3MJ

Postby 3MJ » Sat Mar 16, 2013 9:17 am

Punchy wrote:Slott tweeted something this week about how the Spider-Man we've seen in AoU so far is SpOck, and it will be explained in the Superior tie-in issue.




Yeah but it's clearly not meant to be in the main book.
User avatar

Punchy

Staff Writer

Postby Punchy » Sat Mar 16, 2013 9:19 am

Jubilee wrote:
Yeah but it's clearly not meant to be in the main book.


He says it will be, so let's just wait and see.
User avatar

Amoebas

Son of Stein

Postby Amoebas » Sat Mar 16, 2013 9:38 am

That another writer needs to address and offer explanations for Marvel's "event book" is just sad.
User avatar

Lord Ice

Motherfucker from Hell

Postby Lord Ice » Sat Mar 16, 2013 10:01 am

Just shows that this should take place on an other earth. Then they don't have to worry about continuity inconsistencies. And if they want to tie this into the regular MU later, they can work it out some way. Marvel used to be good at doing that.
User avatar

alaska1125

dINGO

Postby alaska1125 » Sat Mar 16, 2013 10:07 am

Yeah, after getting willingly ripped off with the first issue, seeing 20 pages at $3.99 definitely got me to quit. It's Bendis decompression at its absolute worst. This from someone who loves a good Ultron story...

3MJ

Postby 3MJ » Sat Mar 16, 2013 11:05 am

Does it really matter if it's Ock or not btw?
User avatar

habitual

Silly French Man

Postby habitual » Sat Mar 16, 2013 11:14 am

Jubilee wrote:Does it really matter if it's Ock or not btw?


Since most people are now dropping this like a hot potato, probably not.

Hab
User avatar

Zero

Zombie Guard

Postby Zero » Sat Mar 16, 2013 11:18 am

habitual wrote:
Since most people are now dropping this like a hot potato, probably not.

Hab


If a Spidey gets possessed in an empty room, does it make a sound?
User avatar

guitarsmashley

Regular-Sized Poster

Postby guitarsmashley » Sat Mar 16, 2013 11:48 am

Jubilee wrote:Does it really matter if it's Ock or not btw?


I don't know. I would say maybe. I mean its jarring because little mentions in this story talk about the skrull invasion so maybe this isn't an AoA type reset universe. Its all very confusing because the reader has been spoon fed for the last few months how Otto is spiderman and now there is a total shift in voice/costume because well the architect of the current marvel universe didn't see this all coming years ago.

leave a comment with facebook


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: FaceBook [Linkcheck], MSNbot Media, StrongStyleFiction and 174 guests