Advertisement

Waid Threatens Girl Scouts When Wacker has Cookie Troubles

Discuss the latest comic book news and front page articles, read or post your own reviews of comics, and talk about anything comic book related. Threads from the two subforums below will also show up here. News Stand topics can also be read and posted in from The Asylum.

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

LOLtron
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 287 posts

Postby LOLtron » Sat Mar 16, 2013 11:09 am

The hot-headed Marvel writer berated a group of Girl Scouts after editor Stephen Wacker had difficulty opening a box of cookies.

Source: ThanosCopter Newswire

After a busy day at the Marvel offices, Stephen Wacker took to Twitter yesterday to decry a box of delicious Thin Mint cookies that he found troublesome to open. "If you thought AvX was exciting you should check out Steve vs. These Damn Thin Mints," the frustrated editor Tweeted. Rushing to his defense as usual, Daredevil writer Mark Waid quickly located a Girl Scouts meeting at a nearby elementary school and went on the attack.

"Any of you little shits sells Stephen Wacker a difficult-to-open box of cookies again, you're gonna be eating through a straw for the rest of your life!" shouted Waid to a troup of Daisies, the division of the Girl Scouts of America reserved for girls ages 5-7. "He's the most professional man I've ever known, dammit!"

Waid then grabbed a box of Tagalongs from a table, threw it violently to the floor, and stomped on it repeatedly before storming out of the building, leaving behind a mess of chocolate and peanut butter crumbles and sobbing children.

After police detectives were finished investigating, The Outhouse asked one of the little girls who Mark Waid made cry for comments. "I don't know why the man was so mean to me," said Katie Bonds, a six year old with tears streaming down her face. "Why did the man break our cookies? I don't even know who Mister Wacker is."

When we informed Katie that Wacker was a powerful editor at Marvel Comics, she returned a blank stare. "Is he friends with Hulk?" she finally asked.

"I'm tired of people giving Stephen Wacker a hard time," Waid reportedly told associates later that night. "I've been standing up for him since 2006, when Newsarama message board posters were talking shit about Wacker leaving DC during the publishing of the weekly comic, 52."

"He's my little buddy," Waid added, looking wistful. "You don't mess with a guy's little buddy."

Waid most recently came to Wacker's aid when Before Watchmen writer J. Michael Straczynski was fighting with Wacker on Twitter over the state of Amazing Spider-Man sales after Straczynski left the book, saying of the notoriously wishy-washy creator, "Half an hour later, still fuming at JMS’s shitty passive-aggressiveness. I should probably go walk it off. Maybe with a long walk. A long, dull, pointless, boring walk. Across America. ... That I won’t finish."

Wacker isn't the only subject that gets Waid's blood boiling. Last year, he ripped into Newsarama editor in chief Lucas Siegel when Siegel named Christopher Reeve one of the top ten worst superhero film actors in a hit-baiting fluff article.

Stay tuned to The Outhouse this weekend for a followup story: Mark Waid berates Outhouse Writers After Not Getting Joke in Satirical Article

Written or Contributed by Jude Terror

READ THIS ARTICLE ON THE FRONT PAGE, HUMANS!

Advertisement

MistaT
penile prisoner

Liked in: 10 posts
Title: ThreadKilla

Re: Waid Threatens Girl Scouts When Wacker has Cookie Troubl

Postby MistaT » Sat Mar 16, 2013 12:35 pm

Speaking of Girl Scout Cookies, I just finished off a box of Tagalongs. :P

nietoperz
The Goddamn Bat-min

Liked in: 244 posts
Title: Forum Manager

Postby nietoperz » Sat Mar 16, 2013 12:37 pm

To be fair, though, who hasn't wanted to slap Lucas Siegel around a bit. He's eminently slappable.

Rockman
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 502 posts
Formerly: AMS

Postby Rockman » Sat Mar 16, 2013 12:38 pm

Tagalongs are the best

Juan Cena
DANG!

Liked in: 163 posts
Title: The Lyrical Peyton Manning

Postby Juan Cena » Sat Mar 16, 2013 12:40 pm

What did Steve do when the Girl Scout wouldn't quit trying to get him to buy some cookies?

Steve Wacker.

"I have my heroes, but no one knows their names"
- Sons of the Desert

Strict31 wrote:I'm not sure that combining the nigh-uncontrollable power of LOLtron with the Nacireman is a good idea. Some years from now, when mankind is on the verge of extinction, we'll be able to look back and remember this moment, and say, "DANG."

http://www.shirtswithrandomtriangles.com/

Check out Christmas in Nacirema
http://www.pandora.com/?sc=sh619160960893481469&shareImp=true#!/stations/play/619160960893481469

sdsichero
2k11 Outhouse People's Champion

Liked in: 710 posts
Title: *NEW*
Formerly: beta-ray

Postby sdsichero » Sat Mar 16, 2013 1:08 pm

Rockman wrote:Tagalongs are the best

Whenever I see "Tagalongs" my brain thinks "Tagalog"

Royal Nonesuch
Staff Writer

Liked in: 4 posts

Postby Royal Nonesuch » Sat Mar 16, 2013 4:17 pm

I like the Samoa's.
The witness said Mr Brown then called out to Ms Hay's adult daughter: "Look at this, I'm tittie-f***ing your mother!".

Jude Terror 12:19 AM
I put my dick in one of the bagels once.

MrBlack
WTF is this rank?

Liked in: 119 posts

Postby MrBlack » Sat Mar 16, 2013 4:31 pm

My wife picked up two boxes of Thin Mints after I devoured the first box she bought.

I ate both boxes. She was pissed. I didn't mean to. It's just once I started I didn't even notice how many I'd eaten.

Grayson
Outhouse Drafter

Liked in: 1139 posts
Title: The Intersect
Formerly: Sakie

Postby Grayson » Sat Mar 16, 2013 7:34 pm

Dammit Mark Waid, you leave the Girl Scouts alone! :smt013

They are an American institution!

Also, I love the Samoas and Thin Mints!
ImageImageImage

Juan Cena
DANG!

Liked in: 163 posts
Title: The Lyrical Peyton Manning

Postby Juan Cena » Sat Mar 16, 2013 11:26 pm

If Mark Waid ran the Girl Scouts, he'd change their motto to "Eat Them, Grandpa."

"I have my heroes, but no one knows their names"
- Sons of the Desert

Strict31 wrote:I'm not sure that combining the nigh-uncontrollable power of LOLtron with the Nacireman is a good idea. Some years from now, when mankind is on the verge of extinction, we'll be able to look back and remember this moment, and say, "DANG."

http://www.shirtswithrandomtriangles.com/

Check out Christmas in Nacirema
http://www.pandora.com/?sc=sh619160960893481469&shareImp=true#!/stations/play/619160960893481469

leave a comment with facebook

Return to The News Stand