Advertisement

Age of Ultron #2

Discuss the latest comic book news and front page articles, read or post your own reviews of comics, and talk about anything comic book related. Threads from the two subforums below will also show up here. News Stand topics can also be read and posted in from The Asylum.

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

3MJ

Liked in: 63 posts

Re: Age of Ultron #2

Postby 3MJ » Sat Mar 16, 2013 11:59 am

guitarsmashley wrote:
I don't know. I would say maybe. I mean its jarring because little mentions in this story talk about the skrull invasion so maybe this isn't an AoA type reset universe. Its all very confusing because the reader has been spoon fed for the last few months how Otto is spiderman and now there is a total shift in voice/costume because well the architect of the current marvel universe didn't see this all coming years ago.

I dunno, it just wouldn't change my opinion on the story at all if they got something like this wrong.

Advertisement

S.F. Jude Terror
OMCTO

Liked in: 1068 posts
Title: Webmaster Supreme
Formerly: Dr. Jude Terror

Postby S.F. Jude Terror » Sat Mar 16, 2013 12:26 pm

Since Superior Spider-Man is the worst thing to happen to Spidey since OMD, I'm glad if they ignore it.
I LOVE BLUD BLOOD! - Rob Liefeld

doombug
Staff Writer

Liked in: 247 posts

Postby doombug » Sat Mar 16, 2013 1:23 pm

Jubilee wrote:What is the character adding to this story? What would an appearance from Ultron offer?

He's one of the most one dimensional and mundane characters around. Thank fuck Bendis hasn't included him so far, one admittedly small mercy.

Think of it this way... The best parts of the AOA didn't include apocalypse.

Can't tell if Twigg is being serious or trolling the people on the board who usually react to this kind of thing.

There are some very cool Ultron stories out there, especially by Busiek and DnA. 8)

3MJ

Postby 3MJ » Sat Mar 16, 2013 1:25 pm

I wonder if Ultron will even be behind this event.... Could Marvel swerve this shit. Ultron following orders?

doombug
Staff Writer

Postby doombug » Sat Mar 16, 2013 1:27 pm

Jubilee wrote:I wonder if Ultron will even be behind this event.... Could Marvel swerve this shit. Ultron following orders?

Well technically this is all Kang's fault. :lol:

3MJ

Postby 3MJ » Sat Mar 16, 2013 1:29 pm

But yeah, I don't think Ultron is a good character at all. He's a good character to bounce others off, but as for Ultron himself... useless really.

guitarsmashley
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 411 posts
Title: Self Important

Postby guitarsmashley » Sat Mar 16, 2013 1:40 pm

Jubilee wrote:
I dunno, it just wouldn't change my opinion on the story at all if they got something like this wrong.

But to have the Flag Ship character already being all fucked up in his own series and passed off as that fucked up character in the Big event crossover that is being completely ignored otherwise in the NOW event...it's all being done very sloppy that's all.
doombug wrote:You really are the george carlin of the outhouse. that's fucking hilarious.

doombug wrote:and yeah, Yoni called it. :drunk

I feel like a condemned building with a brand new flag pole.
- Les Paul

doombug
Staff Writer

Postby doombug » Sat Mar 16, 2013 1:49 pm

It is completely jarring that story that was supposed to come out almost 3 years ago is being published now though. :smt102

Something tells me that this was originally supposed to launch all the NOW material originally and ended up being reworked to what we see now.

habitual
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 231 posts
Title: Habinger of Doom!

Postby habitual » Sat Mar 16, 2013 1:54 pm

doombug wrote:It is completely jarring that story that was supposed to come out almost 3 years ago is being published now though. :smt102

Something tells me that this was originally supposed to launch all the NOW material originally and ended up being reworked to what we see now.

What's really staggering is that Annihilation: Conquest was a much better Ultron story than this one is so far.

Hab

doombug
Staff Writer

Postby doombug » Sat Mar 16, 2013 2:04 pm

habitual wrote:
What's really staggering is that Annihilation: Conquest was a much better Ultron story than this one is so far.

Hab

Does that really surprise you though?

Don't get me wrong, I really like House of M and Secret Invasion and loved Siege but everything DnA were able to do just was much more grand in scope in my opinion.

BubbaKanoosh
2009 Most Valuable Poster

Liked in: 1035 posts
Formerly: BRBKanoosh

Postby BubbaKanoosh » Sat Mar 16, 2013 2:08 pm

Jubilee wrote:I wonder if Ultron will even be behind this event.... Could Marvel swerve this shit. Ultron following orders?

Pym. It's Pym. This is more like HoM then AoA. Curtesy of Rama:

As we noted in our #1 Thing We Learned In the Marvel June 2012 Solicitations, it looks as if Ultron’s dad Hank Pym is going to get a new status quo in the pages of the Age of Ultron tie-in one-shot Age of Ultron #10A.I..

"By story's end, Hank Pym will have an entirely new role in the Marvel Universe!" reads the solicitation copy.

But it’s possible Marvel may have underplayed the impact of that one-shot in the release of their online solicits.

Here’s the back cover of Diamond’s April 2013 Previews (for products on sale in June), the cover image of that Mark Waid-written one-shot.

Now it’s important to note that because they have their own off-shoot Diamond retailer catalog, Marvel only gets one of the covers to the main Previews catalog a few times a year, which is an important tool in reaching comic book retailers. And in the month in which the conclusion of the main Age of Ultron (issue #10) series also ships, Marvel choose to place this book on the cover.

What’s new and of note is the cover copy — "A New Age Rises!" - presumably tied to the events of that title, which again is written by Waid and not main Age of Ultron series writer Brian Bendis, and actually goes on sale the week after the end of the main series. Marvel has been cagey about the "unguessable ending" of Age of Ultron #10  and what it leads to, but this is likely a clue that beginning in July, Marvel may be marketing a new "age" to readers and retailers. After all, it's a fairly well-established pattern following Marvel events — "Dark Reign" after Secret Invasion, "Heroic Age" after Siege and the start of the current Marvel NOW! phase after Avengers vs. X-Men.

We also originally assumed "A.I." was just a spin on the numbering convention and meant "Artificial Intelligence," but could it indicate what "age" Marvel is about to enter into?

And for you Previews wonks, Marvel also solicited a “TBA” poster for June, which is usually an indicator that they’ll be marketing something significant at a later date that they don’t want to reveal now.

BubbaKanoosh

Postby BubbaKanoosh » Sat Mar 16, 2013 2:10 pm

doombug wrote:Well technically this is all Kang's fault. :lol:

No, according to Starks whiteboard, the Ultron War happened before the Kang battle.

And Kang > Ultron.

By a mile.

BubbaKanoosh

Postby BubbaKanoosh » Sat Mar 16, 2013 2:12 pm

doombug wrote:Does that really surprise you though?

Don't get me wrong, I really like House of M and Secret Invasion and loved Siege but everything DnA were able to do just was much more grand in scope in my opinion.

Siege was a good ol'fashioned superhero story. I enjoyed it. A lot.

doombug
Staff Writer

Postby doombug » Sat Mar 16, 2013 2:17 pm

BubbaKanoosh wrote:
Siege was a good ol'fashioned superhero story. I enjoyed it. A lot.

I really really love Siege, it was Bendis direct response to the decompression criticism because he did directly the opposite. And that's the Bendis we've seen with his X-books so far.

The Ultron book isn't that Bendis at all.

That being said, if they turn around and make Hank Pym a genocidal full fledged villain I'm going to be annoyed.

doombug
Staff Writer

Postby doombug » Sat Mar 16, 2013 2:18 pm

Also yes, Kang is like the ultimate Avengers villain in my honest opinion. (Using him in New Comic Day in a very fun way very soon)

leave a comment with facebook

PreviousNext

Return to The News Stand