Advertisement

Age of Ultron #2

Discuss the latest comic book news and front page articles, read or post your own reviews of comics, and talk about anything comic book related. Threads from the two subforums below will also show up here. News Stand topics can also be read and posted in from The Asylum.

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

BubbaKanoosh
2009 Most Valuable Poster

Liked in: 436 posts
Formerly: BRBKanoosh

Re: Age of Ultron #2

Postby BubbaKanoosh » Sat Mar 16, 2013 2:19 pm

doombug wrote:I really really love Siege, it was Bendis direct response to the decompression criticism because he did directly the opposite. And that's the Bendis we've seen with his X-books so far.

The Ultron book isn't that Bendis at all.

That being said, if they turn around and make Hank Pym a genocidal full fledged villain I'm going to be annoyed.

HoM = Wanda fucked up because of her kids
AoU = Pym fucked up because of his "kid"

Bendis Xmen > his Avengers, IMO.

Advertisement

doombug
Staff Writer

Liked in: 57 posts

Postby doombug » Sat Mar 16, 2013 2:23 pm

BubbaKanoosh wrote:
HoM = Wanda fucked up because of his kids
AoU = Pym fucked up because of his "kid"

Bendis Xmen > his Avengers, IMO.

But my problem with the Hank thing is this:

Mcduffie's Beyond, Slott's Mighty Avengers, Gage's Academy and a few other one shots and cool mini series have made him such a cool and fun character again that I'd hate for someone to sweep all that under the rug.

I really have grown to like Hank as a character a lot thanks to the last 6-7 years of story telling and don't want all that done due to a HoM moment.

Wanda still isn't fully fixed, we don't need another Pym breakdown. It's the Barry Allen/Wally West regression/recycling all over again.

BubbaKanoosh

Postby BubbaKanoosh » Sat Mar 16, 2013 2:30 pm

doombug wrote:
But my problem with the Hank thing is this:

Mcduffie's Beyond, Slott's Mighty Avengers, Gage's Academy and a few other one shots and cool mini series have made him such a cool and fun character again that I'd hate for someone to sweep all that under the rug.

I really have grown to like Hank as a character a lot thanks to the last 6-7 years of story telling and don't want all that done due to a HoM moment.

Wanda still isn't fully fixed, we don't need another Pym breakdown. It's the Barry Allen/Wally West regression/recycling all over again.

It's stupid. If this was a slow build like Cyclops (who is still a hero, and was/is right) it would be more believable. Extreme changes in a character irk me greatly.

Grayson
Outhouse Drafter

Liked in: 637 posts
Title: The Intersect
Formerly: Sakie

Postby Grayson » Sat Mar 16, 2013 2:34 pm

Jubilee wrote:I wonder if Ultron will even be behind this event.... Could Marvel swerve this shit. Ultron following orders?

It's funny you should mention that. I don't know if this will even be mentioned but Ultron did agree to cease hostilities against mankind if Jocasta agreed to marry him. At this point, I want to see the actual Ultron because I want to know what happened between then and now and what is Jocasta's part in it. I can't think of a good reason why Jocasta would have any part of this plan but I also can't see any reason why should wouldn't have tried to stop it or warn the Avengers.
ImageImageImage

BubbaKanoosh

Postby BubbaKanoosh » Sat Mar 16, 2013 2:39 pm

Grayson wrote:
It's funny you should mention that. I don't know if this will even be mentioned but Ultron did agree to cease hostilities against mankind if Jocasta agreed to marry him. At this point, I want to see the actual Ultron because I want to know what happened between then and now and what is Jocasta's part in it. I can't think of a good reason why Jocasta would have any part of this plan but I also can't see any reason why should wouldn't have tried to stop it or warn the Avengers.

Pym.

Grayson
Outhouse Drafter

Liked in: 637 posts
Title: The Intersect
Formerly: Sakie

Postby Grayson » Sat Mar 16, 2013 2:44 pm

BubbaKanoosh wrote:Pym.

Are you saying that Pym really is behind the whole thing or are you saying that Jocasta married Ultron in a desperate ploy to make Pym so jealous that he would attempt to "rescue" her from the marriage only she was devastated to learn that not only was Pym not jealous but he had not even paid her a second thought thereby causing her to truly side with Ultron and concoct a fool proof plan for revenge?! Diabolical! :shock:
ImageImageImage

Amoebas
Son of Stein

Liked in: 244 posts
Title: Amorphous Anomoly

Postby Amoebas » Sat Mar 16, 2013 3:48 pm

Grayson wrote:
Are you saying that Pym really is behind the whole thing or are you saying that Jocasta married Ultron in a desperate ploy to make Pym so jealous that he would attempt to "rescue" her from the marriage only she was devastated to learn that not only was Pym not jealous but he had not even paid her a second thought thereby causing her to truly side with Ultron and concoct a fool proof plan for revenge?! Diabolical! :shock:

Don't forget to add that Janet is back in the mix.

habitual
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 134 posts
Title: Habinger of Doom!

Postby habitual » Sat Mar 16, 2013 3:48 pm

doombug wrote:Does that really surprise you though?

Don't get me wrong, I really like House of M and Secret Invasion and loved Siege but everything DnA were able to do just was much more grand in scope in my opinion.

It does actually. I thought the Thanos Imperative was a very flawed event with many errors and things that just didn't make sense.

Hab

BubbaKanoosh

Postby BubbaKanoosh » Sat Mar 16, 2013 3:55 pm

Amoebas wrote:Don't forget to add that Janet is back in the mix.

Yep. Pym liked her where she was, his little prize possession. He is Yellow Jacket-ing

BubbaKanoosh

Postby BubbaKanoosh » Sat Mar 16, 2013 3:56 pm

habitual wrote:
It does actually. I thought the Thanos Imperative was a very flawed event with many errors and things that just didn't make sense.

Hab

Yeah, it wasn't the best. War of Kings wasnt top notch either.

guitarsmashley
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 192 posts
Title: Self Important

Postby guitarsmashley » Sat Mar 16, 2013 8:16 pm

doombug wrote:It is completely jarring that story that was supposed to come out almost 3 years ago is being published now though. :smt102

Something tells me that this was originally supposed to launch all the NOW material originally and ended up being reworked to what we see now.

But, Now is in response to the NU52.
doombug wrote:You really are the george carlin of the outhouse. that's fucking hilarious.

doombug wrote:and yeah, Yoni called it. :drunk

I feel like a condemned building with a brand new flag pole.
- Les Paul

doombug
Staff Writer

Postby doombug » Sat Mar 16, 2013 9:30 pm

BubbaKanoosh wrote:
It's stupid. If this was a slow build like Cyclops (who is still a hero, and was/is right) it would be more believable. Extreme changes in a character irk me greatly.

A lot of my problems with AvX were that there was a lot of forced dialogue and actions on both sides with Cap and Cyclops. Similar to what they did with Stark and the other scientists in Civil War.

You can easily do the things you want if you use proper writing techniques and don't force anything. Sadly they did the opposite, every time.

I really hope we're both wrong here. But with Logan and Sue supposedly going back in time to try and kill a founding Avenger, it's pretty obvious where this is going and why. :smt011

doombug
Staff Writer

Postby doombug » Sat Mar 16, 2013 9:34 pm

habitual wrote:

Hab

I think editorial broke it to them that this was the end halfway through the story, therefore rushed conclusion.

T Hey get the annihilator mini's after the fact so they could wrap up whatever plot points were still hanging. :smt102

doombug
Staff Writer

Postby doombug » Sat Mar 16, 2013 9:36 pm

guitarsmashley wrote:
But, Now is in response to the NU52.

Only thing there is, unless this ends with a complete reboot of the whole universe, it isn't a response to the new 52. Just Marvel being Marvel.

habitual
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 134 posts
Title: Habinger of Doom!

Postby habitual » Sun Mar 17, 2013 6:46 am

doombug wrote:I think editorial broke it to them that this was the end halfway through the story, therefore rushed conclusion.

T Hey get the annihilator mini's after the fact so they could wrap up whatever plot points were still hanging. :smt102

It just wasn't the ending though, there were a number of mistakes, especially with the art that were just confusing: the two Proemial beings that were just killed in Heralds of Galactus show up with the abstracts, Drax somehow reverting to his old 80's look by book 4 with no explanation, and then the rushed ending. It was just sloppy.

Hab

leave a comment with facebook

PreviousNext

Return to The News Stand