Sunday, May 1, 2016 • Evening Edition • "We're the god damn Outhousers."

The Outhouse - The Greatest Comic Book Forum

Comics news, comic book reviews, feature articles about comics, interviews with comic creators, plus the greatest comic book and pop culture discussion in the Outhouse forums!

What Was The last Film You Watched ?

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Well, they're not accepting new members, but we'll take anyone here, so why not sign up for a free acount? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

Cernunnos

Swedish Pinata of Death

Postby Cernunnos » Sun Mar 17, 2013 6:02 pm

Piranha 3DD and The Campaign. Piranha 3DD was cheap-looking and not as good as Piranha 3D but still had some parts I liked. The Campaign, however, had me laughing my butt off. :lol:

Stephen Day

Wrasslin' Fan

Postby Stephen Day » Sun Mar 17, 2013 7:05 pm

I saw I Am Number Four this afternoon.

It wasn't bad actually.

I wouldn't say it was anything innovative, but the story was enjoyable enough.

Tintin Quarantino

Rain Partier

Postby Tintin Quarantino » Sun Mar 17, 2013 7:13 pm

Eli Katz wrote:Ghost Dog: The Way of the Samurai.

It was okay. I remember enjoying it much more when it first came out. I suppose that I just couldn't accept the way of the samurai as a plausible way to lead one's life. In other words, the main theme of the movie and the core motivations of the protagonist were incomprehensible to me.

I will say, though, that I really enjoyed the depiction of the mafia. Hilarious stuff.

Wasn't that an underlying theme of the movie, though, that one thing both the old mafia guys and Ghost Dog have in common is that they're sworn to outdated philosophies and ways of existing that make them anachronisms in the modern world, and that they are fated to die out by adhering to them?

Keb

<( ' . ' )>

Postby Keb » Sun Mar 17, 2013 7:39 pm

Victorian Squid wrote:
Wasn't that an underlying theme of the movie, though, that one thing both the old mafia guys and Ghost Dog have in common is that they're sworn to outdated philosophies and ways of existing that make them anachronisms in the modern world, and that they are fated to die out by adhering to them?

That's what I thought.

Love the soundtrack.

Tintin Quarantino

Rain Partier

Postby Tintin Quarantino » Sun Mar 17, 2013 7:46 pm

Keb wrote:That's what I thought.

Love the soundtrack.

Sames!

I actually have 2 copies of Ghost Dog on DVD, one for loaning.

Eli Katz

OMCTO

Postby Eli Katz » Sun Mar 17, 2013 11:14 pm

Victorian Squid wrote:

Sure, that's true. But I had trouble believing in, or accepting, the whole devotion to the samurai code of conduct.

I understand that it isn't meant to be a "realistic" film. It's a clever, stylish genre film that is channeling other clever, stylish genre films. Le Samurai comes to mind.

Don't get me wrong, I enjoyed the film. But I felt that it was distancing itself from me. I wanted to connect to it emotionally, but couldn't.

I'm surprised by my reaction to it now, because I really loved it when it first came out.

GiveWarAChance

Fagorstorm

Postby GiveWarAChance » Mon Mar 18, 2013 3:52 am

Storage 24 - An alien is killing people who are trapped in a storage warehouse. A low budget British horror movie that is low on horror and high on relationship problems.

Punchy

Staff Writer

Postby Punchy » Tue Mar 19, 2013 5:07 pm

Looper

GiveWarAChance

Fagorstorm

Postby GiveWarAChance » Wed Mar 20, 2013 12:58 am

In My Sleep - A guy with parasomnia wakes up covered in blood. Later a close friend of his is found stabbed to death. Did he kill his friend?

Keb

<( ' . ' )>

Postby Keb » Wed Mar 20, 2013 1:32 am

GiveWarAChance wrote:In My Sleep - A guy with parasomnia wakes up covered in blood. Later a close friend of his is found stabbed to death. Did he kill his friend?

I don't know. You're the one who watched the movie. You tell me.

GiveWarAChance

Fagorstorm

Postby GiveWarAChance » Wed Mar 20, 2013 1:35 am

Keb wrote:I don't know. You're the one who watched the movie. You tell me.

Maybe I'm confused and still trying to figure it out. :smt017

Keb

<( ' . ' )>

Postby Keb » Wed Mar 20, 2013 1:37 am

GiveWarAChance wrote:Maybe I'm confused and still trying to figure it out. :smt017

This is also Jude's excuse about why he loves to watch naked men on the beach...

GiveWarAChance

Fagorstorm

Postby GiveWarAChance » Wed Mar 20, 2013 1:38 am

Keb wrote:This is also Jude's excuse about why he loves to watch naked men on the beach...

:shock: :lol:

Cernunnos

Swedish Pinata of Death

Postby Cernunnos » Wed Mar 20, 2013 8:09 pm

The Three Stooges and Dead And Breakfast

MistaT

penile prisoner

Postby MistaT » Thu Mar 21, 2013 1:14 am

Really like this movie. I had actually meant to watch the original, Let The Right One In, but my subtitles file was corrupt or something, so I ended up watching this one again instead. 3.5 out of 5.

leave a comment with facebook