Advertisement

The Walking Dead 3.14 "Prey" - RATE IT!

This is the main board on The Outhouse, where Outhousers talk about everything. No topics are off limits, and it doesn't have to be about comics. All the topics from the other boards also show up in The Asylum, so you never have to leave1

"Prey" - RATE IT!

No votes

22%

Eli Katz, GiveWarAChance, misac, Star Lord
11%

Chris, e_galston
44%

Frag, GOSD, Grayson, jeremy, kwiktpyer, pastajoe, syxxpakk, xshane666x
6%

Lord Simian
17%

Amoebas, GHERU, IvCNuB4
No votes

No votes

No votes

No votes

Total votes : 18

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

jeremy
Staff Writer

Liked in: 3 posts
Title: www.jeremyshane.info
Formerly: xaraan

Re: The Walking Dead 3.14 "Prey" - RATE IT!

Postby jeremy » Sun Mar 17, 2013 10:12 pm

OK, bumped my vote up to a seven. Better than last week, but you can tell they are still dragging things out for the finale.

Advertisement

jeremy
Staff Writer

Liked in: 3 posts
Title: www.jeremyshane.info
Formerly: xaraan

Postby jeremy » Sun Mar 17, 2013 10:13 pm

e_galston wrote:
yeah i was shocked she didn't take his truck, or at least do something to prevent the truck from working

yea (assuming he kept the keys with him) she had a knife... truck has tires.

e_galston
Staff Writer

Liked in: 522 posts
Formerly: Sitebreaker

Postby e_galston » Sun Mar 17, 2013 10:23 pm

xaraan wrote:

yea (assuming he kept the keys with him) she had a knife... truck has tires.

but then again, its Andrea, and its not like she's known for doing the "smart" thing

Eli Katz
OMCTO

Liked in: 64 posts
Title: Avatar Winner, Apr 2012

Postby Eli Katz » Sun Mar 17, 2013 11:02 pm

Great episode. Very enjoyable. Loved how this episode explored a different subgenre of horror. The ending was fun too.

Frag
REAL OFFICIAL President of the Outhouse

Liked in: 35 posts
Title: Mama don't like tattletales.
Formerly: Frag It, Rusty Kuntz

Postby Frag » Sun Mar 17, 2013 11:42 pm

Hey Shady/AMS, you see what was at the end of Tyrese's gun? A silencer/suppressor. :lol:
Jude Terror wrote:I'll vote for NPWFBH in the next election.

Outhouse Post #1,000,000:

Frag It wrote::smt117

Frag
REAL OFFICIAL President of the Outhouse

Liked in: 35 posts
Title: Mama don't like tattletales.
Formerly: Frag It, Rusty Kuntz

Postby Frag » Mon Mar 18, 2013 12:07 am

So the episode was good, not great.

Liked the horror elements. At first I was thinking how cliched the chase in the warehouse was, but after a while it got intense. Liked the Governor snatching Andrea.

Didn't like too much Andrea and no prison story.

Jude Terror wrote:I'll vote for NPWFBH in the next election.

Outhouse Post #1,000,000:

Frag It wrote::smt117

Amoebas
Son of Stein

Liked in: 475 posts
Title: Amorphous Anomoly

Postby Amoebas » Mon Mar 18, 2013 8:57 am

Typically I cast my vote right after I see the episode. This time I've waiting until the morning after. And the score dropped from what I would have given it.

The Governor gave a great explanation for the use of biters, one that has seemingly placated Tyrese's group. And this works for the Gov how when he does unleash them on the prison? (I do like how it's only taking a couple episodes for Tyrese to glimpse the truth, whereas Andrea has taken the whole season.)

For as long as Laurie was around, all the negative attention was drawn to her and her lack of parenting and simple logic skills. Well, she's dead now (thankfully) but the spirit of Laurie's idiocy has been moved into Andrea.

I used to like Andrea and I looked forward to her (possible) evolution into the character we know today in the books. Not anymore. And that's why last night's episode rings sour for me.

Because I just don't care about her anymore. Last night's 'hunt' was just too artificial and predictable. I knew the moment she (eventually) went off road she'd be attacked by zombies. That she clung close enough to a road for Gov to spot her was silly. That she just stood there like a deer in headlights when she did spot the truck was dumb. That the Gov with only one eye could spot her and tell the difference from Andrea and zombie was too convenient. That the trees were just so perfectly reachable the moment the truck got close was comical. She gets to the building just scant seconds before he does :roll:

Once inside she does her best to be as quiet as a mouse, until she walks into a bucket of metal and literally wakes the dead with the racket :lol: The intensity of the hide and seek game just didn't work for me as it was missing a key ingredient - I have to care for the cat or the mouse (or in this case the stereotyped one-eyed devil vs the innocent blonde girl) Anyway, by this point I figured she was going to be caught so the whole hide and seek was pointless as it's outcome was an eventual certainty. This was made more evident when she finally got away leaving the Gov to a 'certain' death. Her complete brainlessless in not stabbing the truck's tires has already been scorned enough in this thread).

Now on Kirkman's Earth, they may not have had George Romero movies, but on this one we've all had a buttload of Halloweens and others where the bad guy is dead, until he's not. And for him to return the NANOSECOND before she's going to call out to Rick was roll on the floor funny.

Not funny but actually well done was Milton's stand-off with the Gov. About time he stood up and got noticed. However this just makes the final scene with Andrea in the torture chair all the more predictable as Milton knows about the room (and just as the Gov knows Milton was lying about how torched the zombies, Milton knows Phil was lying about Andrea getting away).

In summation, there is story and there is story-telling. Imo, last night's ep was severely lacking on the latter. The show was written and directed so that viewers were supposed to be scared because 'they're supposed to be', not because they actually were.

This was a very generic hour of TV. The only thing missing was the song as the credits closed on yet another episode where somebody tries to escape Woodbury...

So join us here each week my friends,
You're sure to get a smile,
From seven stranded survivors,
Here on "Andrea's Isle."

Grayson
Outhouse Drafter

Liked in: 1075 posts
Title: The Intersect
Formerly: Sakie

Postby Grayson » Mon Mar 18, 2013 11:17 am

Like the rest of you, I was completely taken back by the fact that Andrea didn't take the Governor's truck or at least make some attempt to disable it. I know this is Andrea we are talking about but she had to be exhausted at that point. A nice, safe truck could have gotten her to the prison a lot quicker than hobbling her ass there and just in case the Governor survived, it would have slowed him down long enough for her to not have to worry about him catching up to her.

For the life of me, I can't believe that nobody asked about the truck on Talking Dead afterwards. I usually really enjoy the after show but this episode seemed dedicated to attempting to force the viewers into liking Andrea. The worst was when they started discussing Andrea giving up secrets about Rick and his group to the Governor and Laurie Holden sat there and said that Andrea didn't tell the Governor about the possibility that Shane is the father of Rick's daughter. She denied it, then practically said that she did it, and then threw another character who wouldn't even know about it under the bus. :smt011
ImageImageImage

IvCNuB4
Staff Writer

Liked in: 417 posts
Title: Stop messing with my TITLE !

Postby IvCNuB4 » Mon Mar 18, 2013 5:29 pm

Amoebas wrote:In summation, there is story and there is story-telling. Imo, last night's ep was severely lacking on the latter. The show was written and directed so that viewers were supposed to be scared because 'they're supposed to be', not because they actually were.

This was a very generic hour of TV. The only thing missing was the song as the credits closed on yet another episode where somebody tries to escape Woodbury...

So join us here each week my friends,
You're sure to get a smile,
From seven stranded survivors,
Here on "Andrea's Isle."

I swear they "homaged" this week's Run Andrea Run script from an old episode of "Scooby Doo". All that whole abandoned warehouse scene was missing was Andrea twisting her ankle, falling down, then biting her knuckles and screaming. Then she escapes by somehow flattening herself between the door and the wall. Luckily this entire horde of walkers must have slept through class the day they covered "always reach your hands through broken windows, doors and trees to snag your victim". :lol:

Another episode that could have easily been cut to 30 minutes. And that's being generous :P
Victorian Squid wrote:In a DC/Marvel cross-over "all your favorite Marvel characters would catch contextually-transmitted diseases and Steph infections."

Eli Katz
OMCTO

Postby Eli Katz » Tue Mar 19, 2013 10:18 am

Grayson wrote:Like the rest of you, I was completely taken back by the fact that Andrea didn't take the Governor's truck or at least make some attempt to disable it. I know this is Andrea we are talking about but she had to be exhausted at that point. A nice, safe truck could have gotten her to the prison a lot quicker than hobbling her ass there and just in case the Governor survived, it would have slowed him down long enough for her to not have to worry about him catching up to her.

For the life of me, I can't believe that nobody asked about the truck on Talking Dead afterwards. I usually really enjoy the after show but this episode seemed dedicated to attempting to force the viewers into liking Andrea. The worst was when they started discussing Andrea giving up secrets about Rick and his group to the Governor and Laurie Holden sat there and said that Andrea didn't tell the Governor about the possibility that Shane is the father of Rick's daughter. She denied it, then practically said that she did it, and then threw another character who wouldn't even know about it under the bus. :smt011

If the keys are in his pocket, and if she assumes that he's dead, she would not be able to steal it and she would not have reason to disable it.

Amoebas
Son of Stein

Liked in: 475 posts
Title: Amorphous Anomoly

Postby Amoebas » Tue Mar 19, 2013 11:03 am

Eli Katz wrote:If the keys are in his pocket, and if she assumes that he's dead, she would not be able to steal it and she would not have reason to disable it.

Then a 20 second scene of her looking for the keys in the truck and not finding them she says "fuck it - and I can't go back in there to get them" would have erased all this.

This was simply poor execution by the makers of the show who get to point the blame at Andrea instead of themselves.

Grayson
Outhouse Drafter

Liked in: 1075 posts
Title: The Intersect
Formerly: Sakie

Postby Grayson » Tue Mar 19, 2013 12:29 pm

Eli Katz wrote:If the keys are in his pocket, and if she assumes that he's dead, she would not be able to steal it and she would not have reason to disable it.

If she couldn't steal the truck she still had every reason to disable it because not only does she know that surviving a zombie horde is possible, she's done it! So if she couldn't use the truck to create some distance between her and the Governor, she still had every reason to disable it so that he didn't have that advantage over her.

Eli Katz
OMCTO

Postby Eli Katz » Tue Mar 19, 2013 2:25 pm

Amoebas wrote:Then a 20 second scene of her looking for the keys in the truck and not finding them she says "fuck it - and I can't go back in there to get them" would have erased all this.

This was simply poor execution by the makers of the show who get to point the blame at Andrea instead of themselves.

This seems nitpicky.

GHERU

YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 376 posts

Postby GHERU » Tue Mar 19, 2013 2:45 pm

after the final seen WIFE turned the TV off and asked "why didn't she take toe fucking truck!?"

such an obvious thing it needed addressing on screen

RUviews
Benderbrau wrote:Welcome to the Outhouse. Where civility means you're doing it wrong.

syxxpakk
Wrasslin' Fan

Liked in: 111 posts
Title: The Wrasslin' Fan

Postby syxxpakk » Tue Mar 19, 2013 3:31 pm

She tried to take the truck. No keys. Question answered.

When you're as good as Chael, you can only call out people worse than you.

@syxxpakk on the Twitter.

leave a comment with facebook

PreviousNext

Return to The Asylum