Wednesday, August 24, 2016 • Midnight Edition • "SCORE! The Outhouse does it again!"

The Outhouse - The Greatest Comic Book Forum

Comics news, comic book reviews, feature articles about comics, interviews with comic creators, plus the greatest comic book and pop culture discussion in the Outhouse forums!

Advertisement

I met John Romita Sr Today

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Well, they're not accepting new members, but we'll take anyone here, so why not sign up for a free acount? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

Food Eater lad

cheese

Postby Food Eater lad » Wed Mar 20, 2013 3:00 pm

A coworker told me he lives next door to John Romita Sr. I flipped out when he mentioned this and he asked me if I wanted to meet him. I said yes and a few weeks later, today in fact, I was invited over.

I just got home from spending over three hours in one of comics living legend's house!

He, and his wife, were the nicest people. We talked comics, music, movies and of course, more comics. He showed me his personal comic collection, his posters and he autographed my Amazing Spider Man 39. He smiled when he asked if he should sign it to me and I said yes. He said you can sell it for more money if the name is left off and its just his signature. I said don't worry, my wife will sell if after I die.

His son called while we were talking, and his wife was going to put him on the phone with me. I think my head would have exploded had she done so.

I could have sat all day, he was just that pleasant. Man, I am still reeling from this. I am still gushing!

What an unbelievably nice man.

Punchy

Staff Writer

Postby Punchy » Wed Mar 20, 2013 3:07 pm

Woah, awesome.

GLX

Outhouse Editor

Postby GLX » Wed Mar 20, 2013 3:21 pm

Wicked cool. 8)

MrBlack

WTF is this rank?

Postby MrBlack » Wed Mar 20, 2013 3:24 pm

That's really freaking cool!

theflyingwaffle

Mad Hatter

Postby theflyingwaffle » Wed Mar 20, 2013 3:42 pm

That's awesome! I got to meet John Romita Jr. once during a free comic book day signing, but what you got it experience is beyond cool!

S.F. Jude Terror

OMCTO

Postby S.F. Jude Terror » Wed Mar 20, 2013 3:59 pm

Nice FEL.

Thunderstorm

Not a Kardashian

Postby Thunderstorm » Wed Mar 20, 2013 4:01 pm

Very cool, man! Congrats! Nice shirt, too. :)

Lord Simian

The Lord of the Monkeys

Postby Lord Simian » Wed Mar 20, 2013 4:04 pm

Awesome....

LoganRSA

FROGMAN

Postby LoganRSA » Wed Mar 20, 2013 5:13 pm

Very cool.

/jealous

misac

Outhouse Editor

Postby misac » Wed Mar 20, 2013 5:20 pm

Very cool!

How great was his comics room?

Eli Katz

OMCTO

Postby Eli Katz » Wed Mar 20, 2013 5:24 pm

Amazing! :-D

Royal Nonesuch

Staff Writer

Postby Royal Nonesuch » Wed Mar 20, 2013 6:34 pm

That is truly incredible.

Food Eater lad

cheese

Postby Food Eater lad » Wed Mar 20, 2013 6:59 pm

Thunderstorm wrote:Very cool, man! Congrats! Nice shirt, too. :)

Its funny, I didn't want to wear any comic book shirts and come off as too fanboyish. I think I would have been less fanboyish had I worn a Spider Man shirt over this. I had to explain it to him what it was about.

I am still amazed that this happen. I wish I tape recorded the conversation. What a great guy.

Regulator

Motherfucker from Hell

Postby Regulator » Wed Mar 20, 2013 7:13 pm

"Mr. Romita, it's such an honor to meet you. I've been so inspired by your work that I go to comic book message boards primarily to race-bait."

Food Eater lad

cheese

Postby Food Eater lad » Wed Mar 20, 2013 8:52 pm

Regulator wrote:"Mr. Romita, it's such an honor to meet you. I've been so inspired by your work that I go to comic book message boards primarily to race-bait."

Oh boy. :roll:

leave a comment with facebook