Advertisement

World of Winterfolk: Where's Wakanda?

This is the main board on The Outhouse, where Outhousers talk about everything. No topics are off limits, and it doesn't have to be about comics. All the topics from the other boards also show up in The Asylum, so you never have to leave1

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

Liam Rodgers
cheese

Liked in: 100 posts
Title: Chronic MasterDebator
Formerly: The Beast

World of Winterfolk: Where's Wakanda?

Postby Liam Rodgers » Wed Mar 20, 2013 3:03 pm

Keb wrote:
The seasonfolk theory was ridiculous. Sorry but it was. On top of that you were pretty quick to dismiss a lot of people's arguments as "brainwashing" or whatever so they obviously weren't going to take you seriously.

If you feel wronged in any way, then sorry but that's just the way I saw things. You are always entitled to an opinion but respecting another's opinions and experiences are keys to semi-intelligent discussion.

I gotta cut you off there because I can’t take any more of your pseudo-intellectual bullshit.

You are someone who acts pretentiously and wishes to win an argument or impress your friends here, rather than trying to find the truth through discourse. You focus on surface and rhetoric over content. You provide no factual basis for your argument, other than regurgitating the curriculum that you undoubtedly paid thousands of dollars to be indoctrinated with.

You display a superficial understanding of anthropology and yet you maintain a condescending tone towards me, which is how I treat you in response. You aren’t being consciously dishonest because you delude yourself into thinking that you are acting like a true intellectual despite the incompetence you repeatedly display when it comes to debate.

Debate is war. Opinions are like assholes, we all have 'em and we all think the other guy’s stinks. Facts are all that matter and that’s the reason why I dismiss the semi-intelligent opinions out of hand. Debate isn’t Consensus; truth trumps ignorance regardless of the endless hordes of Group-thinkers who think their “opinions” matter.

So let’s get to it then, shall we? All you need to do in order to disprove my hypothesis is demonstrate that the majority of technological advances that lead to our modern society were developed by Summerfolk cultures that do not experience “Winter”. Then you will also need to prove that historically, Summerfolk cultures championed and nurtured ideas like democracy, individual freedom and equal rights for all people under protection of law.

After you compile your list of accomplishments and contributions, we will compare it to mine and the winner will be the one that’s longer and more robust. :smt005

So now you can put up, or you can shut the fuck up. Are you up to the challenge?
Last edited by Liam Rodgers on Wed Mar 20, 2013 5:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Advertisement

S.F. Jude Terror
OMCTO

Liked in: 969 posts
Title: Webmaster Supreme
Formerly: Dr. Jude Terror

Re: World of Winterfolk: Where's Wakanda?

Postby S.F. Jude Terror » Wed Mar 20, 2013 3:10 pm

Why is it so important to you?
I LOVE BLUD BLOOD! - Rob Liefeld

e_galston
Staff Writer

Liked in: 535 posts
Formerly: Sitebreaker

Postby e_galston » Wed Mar 20, 2013 3:13 pm

Really??? we are gonna start this AGAIN

S.F. Jude Terror
OMCTO

Postby S.F. Jude Terror » Wed Mar 20, 2013 3:15 pm

Look at it this way, Ntkrist. Just as you claim the entirety of human progress is the invention of "Winter People," multiculturalism is ALSO the invention of Winter People. And if Winter People are so great, then multiculturalism must also be great.

Regulator
Motherfucker from Hell

Liked in: 0 post

Postby Regulator » Wed Mar 20, 2013 3:21 pm

S.F. Jude Terror wrote:Why is it so important to you?

Because he has to prove that the theories he obviously got from someone else and believes unquestioningly are better than the Establishment brainwashing.

doombug
Staff Writer

Liked in: 205 posts

Postby doombug » Wed Mar 20, 2013 3:23 pm

Anyone have that picture from southpark of the dude beating the dead horse? :lol:

S.F. Jude Terror
OMCTO

Postby S.F. Jude Terror » Wed Mar 20, 2013 3:29 pm

All I'm saying is, you gotta take it down a notch Ntkrist. Just tone down the hostility a little bit and I guarantee these debates will go a lot more smoothly.

Liam Rodgers
cheese

Liked in: 100 posts
Title: Chronic MasterDebator
Formerly: The Beast

Postby Liam Rodgers » Wed Mar 20, 2013 4:04 pm

S.F. Jude Terror wrote:Why is it so important to you?

I want to help mankind reach enlightenment by overcoming the Confusion of Tongues that we were cursed with in Babel ages ago when humanity built the Tower to ascend to Heaven and commune with our Lord.

Eighteen years ago, I had a powerful dream where I was visited by ethereal beings who defied classification. I literally could not visually perceive them, they were just a digitized blur inside my brain. It was easily the most terrifying dream I ever had; I felt so completely undone and insignificant in their presence in a way that no person or wild animal could ever make me feel. As I sat there, dumbfounded, I barely had the presence of mind to ask myself, "why can't I see them?" and immediately I knew "I wasn't allowed to perceive them because I lacked the capacity to do so without suffering brain damage." I was astonished by how sure I was of that answer, like as sure as how to spell my name.

As soon as I asked myself the next question "How am I so sure?" I was aware that the information was placed in my brain, uploaded so to speak, directly by these beings because that's how telepathy works. There's no voice, no conversation just the instantaneous transfer of information from one brain to the next. The last thing I remember asking was "what do they want from me?" Once again I knew that they wanted me to fulfil my goals of becoming an artist so that I may be one of many agents in "the field" who are working to bring about change by challenging the status quo and stimulating conversation among the people.

The Lord can lead us to water but People can't be made to think. Only Art can do that and that's why they always use artists and amateur scientists who are liberated from accepted Groupthink by Objective Perception. That was the last thing I remembered about the dream and I haven't had another one since.

So, needless to say, I was inspired. Of course, I don't plan on changing the world by rambling on the internet, I have a 240 page comic book to get that ball rolling. Rambling on the internet allows me an opportunity to hone my argument beforehand while my editor irons out the last typos and some of the placeholder text before it's released next month.

I'm sure I'll get lots of push back for my views but that's the way it goes when individuals challenge the establishment.
Last edited by Liam Rodgers on Wed Mar 20, 2013 5:02 pm, edited 4 times in total.

Thunderstorm
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 5 posts
Title: Whitest Poster 2010!!

Postby Thunderstorm » Wed Mar 20, 2013 4:06 pm

According to Wikipedia, Wakanda is located in Northeastern Africa. Its exact location and neighboring countries have changed over the years, leading many to believe it may not actually exist.

Victorian Squid
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 2 posts
Formerly: Schmormerly

Postby Victorian Squid » Wed Mar 20, 2013 4:16 pm

Left temporal lobe epilepsy IMO.

Punchy
Staff Writer

Liked in: 93 posts
Title: This guy, right?

Postby Punchy » Wed Mar 20, 2013 4:16 pm

I don't even know anymore.

S.F. Jude Terror
OMCTO

Postby S.F. Jude Terror » Wed Mar 20, 2013 4:46 pm

I would love to read your comic.

guitargod694
Post Whore

Liked in: 97 posts
Title: Total Spaceship Guy

Postby guitargod694 » Wed Mar 20, 2013 5:11 pm

Ntikrst wrote:So, needless to say, I was inspired. Of course, I don't plan on changing the world by rambling on the internet, I have a 240 page comic book to get that ball rolling.

:smt005 :-D :-D
-Bill-

Mr. Log
rubber spoon

Liked in: 200 posts
Title: Bitch, I'm fabulous
Formerly: Log-Man

Postby Mr. Log » Wed Mar 20, 2013 5:11 pm

Thunderstorm wrote:According to Wikipedia, Wakanda is located in Northeastern Africa. Its exact location and neighboring countries have changed over the years, leading many to believe it may not actually exist.

I could have sworn the original OHOTMU placed it in southern Africa, and that's where I've imagined it for years. I can't find any proof of this though, and lord only knows where my old issues are. Canada, I think.

Thunderstorm
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 5 posts
Title: Whitest Poster 2010!!

Postby Thunderstorm » Wed Mar 20, 2013 5:27 pm

Log-Man wrote:I could have sworn the original OHOTMU placed it in southern Africa, and that's where I've imagined it for years. I can't find any proof of this though, and lord only knows where my old issues are. Canada, I think.

Given how advanced Wakanda supposedly is, it would make more sense if it were in Canada. Lets pretend like its Africa, for the sake of Keb's secret identity.

leave a comment with facebook

Next

Return to The Asylum