Advertisement

The Walking Dead 3.14 "Prey" - RATE IT!

This is the main board on The Outhouse, where Outhousers talk about everything. No topics are off limits, and it doesn't have to be about comics. All the topics from the other boards also show up in The Asylum, so you never have to leave1

"Prey" - RATE IT!

No votes

22%

Eli Katz, GiveWarAChance, misac, Tattooed Jesus
11%

Chris, e_galston
44%

Frag, GOSD, Grayson, jeremy, kwiktpyer, pastajoe, syxxpakk, xshane666x
6%

Lord Simian
17%

Amoebas, GHERU, IvCNuB4
No votes

No votes

No votes

No votes

Total votes : 18

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

GHERU

YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 484 posts

Re: The Walking Dead 3.14 "Prey" - RATE IT!

Postby GHERU » Wed Mar 20, 2013 12:52 pm

dairydead wrote:dude. sometimes people do stupid shit in real life. Sometimes they do it on TV. She was rattled, she panicked and got out of there as quickly as possible. Sometimes characters aren't "logical".

i GUARANTEE that, if you were in her situation, you would make some sort of stupid mistake as well. Its not bad writing, its just that her character is impulsive and often thoughtless.

the show is about survival and being prepared
maybe, right now, we would have made that mistake, but after months of doing everything you can to stay ahead of things chasing you, you take or disable the fucking truck
RUviews
Benderbrau wrote:Welcome to the Outhouse. Where civility means you're doing it wrong.

Advertisement

GHERU

YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Postby GHERU » Wed Mar 20, 2013 12:55 pm

IvCNuB4 wrote:Inconsistent writing indeed. I love how when walking through the woods she turns into Emma frickin' Peel and fights off 4 walkers while pinned to a tree using only a pocket knife but 20 minutes later she is subdued and taken prisoner by the Governor outside the prison.

Apparently a semi-attractive unarmed guy wearing an eye-patch whispering "shhhh" is her Kryptonite :lol:

:-D
RUviews
Benderbrau wrote:Welcome to the Outhouse. Where civility means you're doing it wrong.

Arion
Twenty-Something

Liked in: 123 posts
Title: www.artbyarion.blogspot.com

Postby Arion » Wed Mar 20, 2013 12:56 pm

GHERU wrote:did I blink and miss that scene?

I think we both blinked. Not at each other, though.

Meanwhile, I'm waiting to see how the Governor dies.

GHERU

YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Postby GHERU » Wed Mar 20, 2013 12:56 pm

syxxpakk wrote:
Especially when you consider how casually/arrogantly she left that warehouse, as if to say: "Yeah Governor, this is what you get for fucking with me. Death by zombie in enclosed space while you scream in horror at being eaten alive."

wasn't she in a hurry to get to the jail
"Killing the Governor won't solve the problem" and all that?

she's tired and probably hurt, in a hurry, and a survivalist, of course it makes sense for her to leave the truck
RUviews

IvCNuB4
Staff Writer

Liked in: 553 posts
Title: Stop messing with my TITLE !

Postby IvCNuB4 » Wed Mar 20, 2013 12:56 pm

"The Walking Dead: Directors Cut includes an extra 15 seconds of never-before-seen footage ... and a life-size Andrea blow-up doll " :P
Victorian Squid wrote:In a DC/Marvel cross-over "all your favorite Marvel characters would catch contextually-transmitted diseases and Steph infections."

Arion
Twenty-Something

Liked in: 123 posts
Title: www.artbyarion.blogspot.com

Postby Arion » Wed Mar 20, 2013 1:03 pm

GHERU wrote:the show is about survival and being prepared
maybe, right now, we would have made that mistake, but after months of doing everything you can to stay ahead of things chasing you, you take or disable the fucking truck

I would have disabled the truck.

syxxpakk
Wrasslin' Fan

Liked in: 111 posts
Title: The Wrasslin' Fan

Postby syxxpakk » Wed Mar 20, 2013 6:42 pm

GHERU wrote:wasn't she in a hurry to get to the jail
"Killing the Governor won't solve the problem" and all that?

she's tired and probably hurt, in a hurry, and a survivalist, of course it makes sense for her to leave the truck

As I've already said, it's well within reason and perfectly logical to assume she attempted to take the truck but the Governor had the keys. I don't think she had any reason to assume he was alive (again, yelling and screaming death would have convinced me also - but I guess you would have wanted/needed to see the remains of a body), so why waste time butchering a truck?

On the flip side, let's say she is running for her life in a hurry, survivalist mode, etc. She runs out, amped up and scared and trying to get the fuck out of there (which is not what she did, BTW, if you watch the scene in question). She runs to the truck, no keys. She now has two options a) continue to get the fuck up out that bitch OR b) waste precious time that could be used getting the fuck up out that bitch on slashing tires - which if you've ever done, does require more effort than you might suspect - effort and time that might give the Governor - if he's not dead because man he was screaming like crazy - time to come fuck your shit up for not getting away quicker.

When you're as good as Chael, you can only call out people worse than you.

@syxxpakk on the Twitter.

syxxpakk
Wrasslin' Fan

Postby syxxpakk » Wed Mar 20, 2013 6:47 pm

No, it wasn't there - but that scene is just as plausible as "She ran past the truck without as much of a thought as taking it." You're reasoning that, since she showed up at the prison without taking the truck then she absolutely must have not even bothered for it. There's no scene that proves this way either. My argument is both are equally plausible.

I also argue that her not slashing the tires is not as implausible as everyone seems to think based on two reasons: a) primarily, if she thought he was dead and had good reason to assume so (those screams were pretty telling), then what's the point? and b) if she assumed he was alive, then she assumes at any moment he will be upon her (aka what good does it do to slash the tires if he bashes her head while she's slashing said tires).

S.F. Jude Terror
OMCTO

Liked in: 1153 posts
Title: Webmaster Supreme
Formerly: Dr. Jude Terror

Postby S.F. Jude Terror » Wed Mar 20, 2013 6:47 pm

syxxpakk wrote:
As I've already said, it's well within reason and perfectly logical to assume she attempted to take the truck but the Governor had the keys. I don't think she had any reason to assume he was alive (again, yelling and screaming death would have convinced me also - but I guess you would have wanted/needed to see the remains of a body), so why waste time butchering a truck?

On the flip side, let's say she is running for her life in a hurry, survivalist mode, etc. She runs out, amped up and scared and trying to get the fuck out of there (which is not what she did, BTW, if you watch the scene in question). She runs to the truck, no keys. She now has two options a) continue to get the fuck up out that bitch OR b) waste precious time that could be used getting the fuck up out that bitch on slashing tires - which if you've ever done, does require more effort than you might suspect - effort and time that might give the Governor - if he's not dead because man he was screaming like crazy - time to come fuck your shit up for not getting away quicker.

See, I am fine with this logic, but I think the writers would have shown her at least look at the truck if they wanted to convey that. They didn't, they just ignored it entirely, which makes me believe it was just lazy writing.
I LOVE BLUD BLOOD! - Rob Liefeld

syxxpakk
Wrasslin' Fan

Postby syxxpakk » Wed Mar 20, 2013 6:48 pm

S.F. Jude Terror wrote:
See, I am fine with this logic, but I think the writers would have shown her at least look at the truck if they wanted to convey that. They didn't, they just ignored it entirely, which makes me believe it was just lazy writing.

I can respect that, I just equate it to the "Pissing/Shitting"-equation. We know that they have to do that, even if we don't see it. But YMMV.

S.F. Jude Terror
OMCTO

Postby S.F. Jude Terror » Wed Mar 20, 2013 6:58 pm

syxxpakk wrote:
I can respect that, I just equate it to the "Pissing/Shitting"-equation. We know that they have to do that, even if we don't see it. But YMMV.

I feel like the reaction is the reason they should have addressed this. It was such an obvious point that they should have addressed it with a 2 second scene. For instance:

Andrea exits the building and bends down to catch her breath. We see the woods. We see the building. She looks at the truck for a second, then seems to decide there isn't time and runs for the woods.

Then there's no question. We know she saw the truck. We know she thought about it and decided, for whatever reason, not to try to take it or disable it. They didn't have to spend a lot of time on it or go into details. It has the added benefit of her decision having a consequence later in the episode. All around, that's what separates the men from the boys when it comes to writing, something great as opposed to something that's good but flawed.

syxxpakk
Wrasslin' Fan

Postby syxxpakk » Wed Mar 20, 2013 7:01 pm

S.F. Jude Terror wrote:

Here's another point: what if she didn't see the truck? I don't think she left out the same way he came in. If the truck was on the other side of the building...

S.F. Jude Terror
OMCTO

Postby S.F. Jude Terror » Wed Mar 20, 2013 7:04 pm

syxxpakk wrote:
Here's another point: what if she didn't see the truck? I don't think she left out the same way he came in. If the truck was on the other side of the building...

I do think that's true. But, of course, the writers were in control of all that. In the beginning of the scenes in the building, they made a big point of showing the truck pull up, and then replaying it from Andrea's perspective inside, having her hear the truck pull up and park and him get out. So it just became very obvious. They could have downplayed that more and then it wouldn't have been such an issue. But they were like "Here's the Governor IN HIS TRUCK, btw THE TRUCK is outside now, hear that TRUCK, the door just slammed on the TRUCK." :P They made it so prominent that I think viewers expect a payoff to that.

It would have been too much to have her walk around the building and look for the truck, but that's a problem the writers created and I would have liked for them to consider things like that.

Grayson
Outhouse Drafter

Liked in: 1460 posts
Title: The Intersect
Formerly: Sakie

Postby Grayson » Wed Mar 20, 2013 7:11 pm

S.F. Jude Terror wrote:I feel like the reaction is the reason they should have addressed this. It was such an obvious point that they should have addressed it with a 2 second scene. For instance:

Andrea exits the building and bends down to catch her breath. We see the woods. We see the building. She looks at the truck for a second, then seems to decide there isn't time and runs for the woods.

Then there's no question. We know she saw the truck. We know she thought about it and decided, for whatever reason, not to try to take it or disable it. They didn't have to spend a lot of time on it or go into details. It has the added benefit of her decision having a consequence later in the episode. All around, that's what separates the men from the boys when it comes to writing, something great as opposed to something that's good but flawed.

See, if something like this had actually happened in the episode, I wouldn't have had such a problem with it. Usually I am ok with the characters making dumb decisions because as it has already been pointed out, people make dumb decisions all the time. The problem with this dumb decision is the fact that this particular character has a history of making increasingly dumb decisions but then we also see her go into these She-Ra attack modes or she tries to give condescending speeches to other characters about how their choices are wrong or dangerous. I just wish they would have shown her trying to make a smart decision for once before she went off and got captured.
ImageImageImage

pastajoe
Humuhumunukunukuapuaa

Liked in: 592 posts

Postby pastajoe » Wed Mar 20, 2013 8:03 pm

Perhaps she didn't want to take the truck because she didn't know if there were other vehicles out there on the roads looking for her. She wanted to stay in the woods. Perhaps the Governor didn't use the truck to follow her after the warehouse, but was also on foot. She would have heard a truck, but the way he snuck up on her through the woods indicates he was also on foot. Perhaps after he caught her, he brought her back to the truck by the warehouse. Therefore the truck didn't play a part in her capture. Therefore it's a moot point.

leave a comment with facebook

PreviousNext

Return to The Asylum