Advertisement

X-Men vs. Sentinels in All New X-Men #9 Preview

Discuss the latest comic book news and front page articles, read or post your own reviews of comics, and talk about anything comic book related. Threads from the two subforums below will also show up here. News Stand topics can also be read and posted in from The Asylum.

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

Grayson
Outhouse Drafter

Liked in: 625 posts
Title: The Intersect
Formerly: Sakie

Re: X-Men vs. Sentinels in All New X-Men #9 Preview

Postby Grayson » Fri Mar 15, 2013 12:24 pm

GHERU wrote:Jean is, was, and always will be a horrible person

Present day Cyclops only killed one man, if you listen to the context of AvX, Jean Grey killed entire planets. One was forgiven while the other was incarcerated without any formal charges and without a trial. Regardless of how awful Jean Grey is/was, we all know that at the heart of the matter, Tony Stark is really to blame for all of this...or at least everything since Civil War.

Advertisement

GHERU

YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 173 posts

Postby GHERU » Fri Mar 15, 2013 12:29 pm

Grayson wrote:
Present day Cyclops only killed one man, if you listen to the context of AvX, Jean Grey killed entire planets. One was forgiven while the other was incarcerated without any formal charges and without a trial. Regardless of how awful Jean Grey is/was, we all know that at the heart of the matter, Tony Stark is really to blame for all of this...or at least everything since Civil War.

Don't forget how Scarlet Witch is now on an Avengers team, even with House Of M and all the deaths she caused with "No More Mutants" (Empath for instance)

but no, when Scott is taken over by a powerful entity against his will he is unforgivable!
RUviews
Benderbrau wrote:Welcome to the Outhouse. Where civility means you're doing it wrong.

Grayson
Outhouse Drafter

Postby Grayson » Fri Mar 15, 2013 5:41 pm

GHERU wrote:Don't forget how Scarlet Witch is now on an Avengers team, even with House Of M and all the deaths she caused with "No More Mutants" (Empath for instance)

but no, when Scott is taken over by a powerful entity against his will he is unforgivable!

Don't forget that during Enemy of the State, Wolverine was forgiven after he was brainwashed by the Hand and killed Northstar and an undetermined amount of people so they could be resurrected and brainwashed as well. Oh and then there was the time that Daredevil was possessed by a demon, killed Bullseye, and tried to take over New York with the Hand. He became an Avenger shortly after the Shadowland debacle. Hell, the Hulk is an Avenger again and he tried to take over the entire planet a few years ago!
ImageImageImage

Draco x
FROGMAN

Liked in: 203 posts

Postby Draco x » Sat Mar 16, 2013 3:31 pm

Let''s not also forget Reed Richard as a nazi-lite scientist during Civil War.

IvCNuB4
Staff Writer

Liked in: 228 posts
Title: Stop messing with my TITLE !

Postby IvCNuB4 » Wed Mar 20, 2013 5:50 pm

The best thing about this issue: the cover.

The rest of it is
just
laughably
bad.

I bought it based on the (apparently out of date) solicit stating the Original 5 were getting new costumes which didn't happen. Not that big of a deal, but ....
Bendis' dialogue is groan-worthy at best. Kind of like "Buffy" the early seasons without any of the cool parts. The Original 5 come off like a band of emo brats.
Mystique and Lady Mastermind sound like a couple of high school mean girls.

And Immonen's art, which I normally like, looks really rushed at times, to the point that some panels are really confusing.

Now I get why you guys were bitching about the first issues of Nu52 "Justice League" :lol:
-
Victorian Squid wrote:In a DC/Marvel cross-over "all your favorite Marvel characters would catch contextually-transmitted diseases and Steph infections."

e_galston
Staff Writer

Liked in: 326 posts
Formerly: Sitebreaker

Postby e_galston » Wed Mar 20, 2013 5:57 pm

oh look your bitching about a marvel book...

BlueStreak
The Red Stands for Irony

Liked in: 28 posts
Title: Bat-Min Inc.
Formerly: BlueStreak

Postby BlueStreak » Wed Mar 20, 2013 6:04 pm

I thought this issue was fantastic. The O5 actually are acting like well-rounded, imperfect characters instead of one-dimensional running gags. Actually, all the characters are.

e_galston
Staff Writer

Postby e_galston » Wed Mar 20, 2013 6:14 pm

BlueMole wrote:I thought this issue was fantastic. The O5 actually are acting like well-rounded, imperfect characters instead of one-dimensional running gags. Actually, all the characters are.

same here.. i was dreading this book really when it was announced and its my favorite book on the stands right now..

Grayson
Outhouse Drafter

Postby Grayson » Wed Mar 20, 2013 6:55 pm

Yeah, aside from a few things that I nitpick here and there, All-New X-Men and Uncanny X-Men have easily been two of the best Marvel NOW titles and that's hard for me to say since I am not the biggest Bendis fan in the world.
ImageImageImage

IvCNuB4
Staff Writer

Liked in: 228 posts
Title: Stop messing with my TITLE !

Postby IvCNuB4 » Wed Mar 20, 2013 6:57 pm

e_galston wrote:oh look your bitching about a marvel book...

Oh look, Eric never stops being a bitch. Calm down, honey. No one here will ever take away that Outhouse crown and title from you :lol:

I didn't like the book, Sue me. At least I read it and went in with an open mind, That's more than you can say about some other Negative Nancys around here :P
-
Victorian Squid wrote:In a DC/Marvel cross-over "all your favorite Marvel characters would catch contextually-transmitted diseases and Steph infections."

e_galston
Staff Writer

Postby e_galston » Wed Mar 20, 2013 8:13 pm

IvCNuB4 wrote:
Oh look, Eric never stops being a bitch. Calm down, honey. No one here will ever take away that Outhouse crown and title from you :lol:

I didn't like the book, Sue me. At least I read it and went in with an open mind, That's more than you can say about some other Negative Nancys around here :P

really?? i didn't stoop to name calling...

e_galston
Staff Writer

Postby e_galston » Wed Mar 20, 2013 8:15 pm

Grayson wrote:Yeah, aside from a few things that I nitpick here and there, All-New X-Men and Uncanny X-Men have easily been two of the best Marvel NOW titles and that's hard for me to say since I am not the biggest Bendis fan in the world.

i was worried, but he seems to "get" the x-men

Grayson
Outhouse Drafter

Postby Grayson » Wed Mar 20, 2013 8:20 pm

e_galston wrote:i was worried, but he seems to "get" the x-men

Begrudgingly, I would have to agree. If only we could get a cease and desist against Bendis anytime he wants to use Hawkeye again. :P
ImageImageImage

leave a comment with facebook

Previous

Return to The News Stand