Wednesday, June 29, 2016 • Morning Edition • "We go in so you don't have to."

The Outhouse - The Greatest Comic Book Forum

Comics news, comic book reviews, feature articles about comics, interviews with comic creators, plus the greatest comic book and pop culture discussion in the Outhouse forums!

Advertisement

So I genuinely enjoy the New 52.

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Well, they're not accepting new members, but we'll take anyone here, so why not sign up for a free acount? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

MrBlack

WTF is this rank?

Postby MrBlack » Wed Mar 20, 2013 7:28 pm

Syxxpakk is my new favorite poster.

I loved Final Crisis. It was overblown and ridiculous, but a hell of a lot of fun. I've also been re-reading and enjoying many of the Bendis-helmed Marvel events. They were incredibly frustrating as monthlies, but read very well in collected editions.

syxxpakk

Wrasslin' Fan

Postby syxxpakk » Wed Mar 20, 2013 7:31 pm

MrBlack wrote:Syxxpakk is my new favorite poster.

I loved Final Crisis. It was overblown and ridiculous, but a hell of a lot of fun. I've also been re-reading and enjoying many of the Bendis-helmed Marvel events. They were incredibly frustrating as monthlies, but read very well in collected editions.

I have yet to read a Bendis-event I didn't enjoy. I can easily see where, as monthlies, people would hate them. But in collected editions? He knows how to hit the right notes.

GHERU

Rain Partier

Postby GHERU » Wed Mar 20, 2013 7:34 pm

I trade wait most of the books, but I really enjoy the ones I read
Flash and Batman monthly
All Star Western
Demon Knights
Detective comcis

Amoebas

Son of Stein

Postby Amoebas » Wed Mar 20, 2013 7:34 pm

As a long time DC fan, I'm well aware that their continuity reboots often enough so I experienced to acclimate quickly enough.

And with New 52, I have. Do I miss some of the old stuff, yes I do, but with the exception of some questionable creator choices, things are pretty good.

All Star Western, Legion, Batman, Swamp Thing, Wonder Woman, Earth 2, Aquaman, I... Vampire, World's Finest, Green Lantern, Green Lantern Corps, Demon Knights, Dial H & OMAC were/are all great.

MoneyMelon

Chief Yankee Wanker

Postby MoneyMelon » Wed Mar 20, 2013 7:35 pm

I like a handful of books but I personally think DC is at its lowest point for as long as I've been reading comics (since around 1986-87).

Punchy

Staff Writer

Postby Punchy » Wed Mar 20, 2013 7:38 pm

New 52 books I still like:

Action Comics
Batman
Batman Incorporated
Green Lantern
Aquaman
Wonder Woman
Animal Man
Swamp Thing
Justice League
Green Lantern Corps
Green Lantern: New Guardians
Dial H

Royal Nonesuch

Staff Writer

Postby Royal Nonesuch » Wed Mar 20, 2013 7:44 pm

I like some of the books. I'm not interested in some of the other books. In other words, it's no different than any other god damn comic book company, reboot or no.

Tintin Quarantino

Rain Partier

Postby Tintin Quarantino » Wed Mar 20, 2013 7:53 pm

It's different than Bluewater, nobody like their comics!

S.F. Jude Terror

OMCTO

Postby S.F. Jude Terror » Wed Mar 20, 2013 7:58 pm

:lol:

Sunless

crash test dummy

Postby Sunless » Wed Mar 20, 2013 8:30 pm

I didn't care about DC before all that much except for the Bat books. But I had stopped caring when Cassie Cain was being phased out. And lost a lot of interest because of Morrisons stuff.

I've been jumping in and out of the Bat books since the relaunch, but not digging any of them. It pains me!

I do read and love 2 DC titles. Worlds Finest and Earth 2.

holtom2000

dINGO

Postby holtom2000 » Wed Mar 20, 2013 8:31 pm

MrBlack wrote:Syxxpakk is my new favorite poster.

Final crisis, the series where they don't show darkseid take over, and superman saves the day by whistling? That final crisis?

McMonkey Nut

Rain Partier

Postby McMonkey Nut » Wed Mar 20, 2013 8:38 pm

There are things I like about the New 52 and things I don't. I probably read more DC books now than I did before the new 52 so I guess thats saying something.

Lord Ice

Motherfucker from Hell

Postby Lord Ice » Wed Mar 20, 2013 11:05 pm

Victorian Squid wrote:It's different than Bluewater, nobody like their comics!

But where else could you get a comic book bio of One Direction without them. :-D

GiveWarAChance

Fagorstorm

Postby GiveWarAChance » Thu Mar 21, 2013 5:22 am

You like the new 52? :shock: :lol:

Me too.

Zero

Zombie Guard

Postby Zero » Thu Mar 21, 2013 5:32 am

I think I might just be down to Wonder Woman now, Rotworld killed off my enjoyment of Aminal Man and Swamp Thing and Batman's Year Zero doesn't sound too thrilling. Marvel Now is still new enough that the quality and artistic switch-ups haven't kicked in yet so I'm fine with shedding most of my DC pulls.

leave a comment with facebook