Advertisement

The Walking Dead 3.14 "Prey" - RATE IT!

This is the main board on The Outhouse, where Outhousers talk about everything. No topics are off limits, and it doesn't have to be about comics. All the topics from the other boards also show up in The Asylum, so you never have to leave1

"Prey" - RATE IT!

10
0
No votes
 
9
4
22%
 
Eli Katz, GiveWarAChance, misac, troysshr
8
2
11%
 
Chris, e_galston
7
8
44%
 
Frag, GOSD, Grayson, jeremy, kwiktpyer, pastajoe, syxxpakk, xshane666x
6
1
6%
 
Lord Simian
5
3
17%
 
Amoebas, GHERU, IvCNuB4
4
0
No votes
 
3
0
No votes
 
2
0
No votes
 
1
0
No votes
 
 
Total votes : 18

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

Grayson
User avatar
Outhouse Drafter
 
Posts: 8459
Likes: 548 posts
Liked in: 981 posts
Joined: Sat Jun 04, 2011 9:34 am
Location: The Darkest Timeline
Title: The Intersect
Formerly: Sakie


Re: The Walking Dead 3.14 "Prey" - RATE IT!

Postby Grayson » Wed Mar 20, 2013 8:06 pm

pastajoe wrote:She would have heard a truck, but the way he snuck up on her through the woods indicates he was also on foot. Perhaps after he caught her, he brought her back to the truck by the warehouse. Therefore the truck didn't play a part in her capture. Therefore it's a moot point.


If that's the case, then if she had slashed the tires the Governor would have had to drag her back to Woodbury kicking and screaming, unless he killed her.
ImageImageImage

Advertisement

3MJ
 
Likes: 0 post
Liked in: 61 posts


Re: The Walking Dead 3.14 "Prey" - RATE IT!

Postby 3MJ » Wed Mar 20, 2013 8:07 pm

I really like the episodes like these where we focus on the smaller casts.

Solid episode. This and the Rick/Michionne/Carl episode have been my favorites.

Chris
User avatar
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE
 
Posts: 41354
Likes: 0 post
Liked in: 41 posts
Joined: Mon Mar 27, 2006 1:10 pm
Title: Stuff Writer
Formerly: Chris


Re: The Walking Dead 3.14 "Prey" - RATE IT!

Postby Chris » Wed Mar 20, 2013 8:31 pm

Finally got around to watching this.

I give it an 8. Like it all, but the whole chase sequence in the warehouse between Andrea and the Guv' was really prolonged for no reason. There wasn't much suspense.

I'm still going with the theory that:

[Reveal] Spoiler: Click to Expand
Andrea will get the Tyrese treatment, from the comics, by the Governor.
Image

pastajoe
User avatar
Zombie Guard
 
Posts: 9628
Likes: 5 posts
Liked in: 383 posts
Joined: Wed Feb 11, 2009 11:32 am


Re: The Walking Dead 3.14 "Prey" - RATE IT!

Postby pastajoe » Wed Mar 20, 2013 8:56 pm

Grayson wrote:If that's the case, then if she had slashed the tires the Governor would have had to drag her back to Woodbury kicking and screaming, unless he killed her.


Perhaps she didn't go to the truck because she thought there may be one of his flunkies with him waiting in the truck.

Grayson
User avatar
Outhouse Drafter
 
Posts: 8459
Likes: 548 posts
Liked in: 981 posts
Joined: Sat Jun 04, 2011 9:34 am
Location: The Darkest Timeline
Title: The Intersect
Formerly: Sakie


Re: The Walking Dead 3.14 "Prey" - RATE IT!

Postby Grayson » Wed Mar 20, 2013 8:58 pm

pastajoe wrote:Perhaps she didn't go to the truck because she thought there may be one of his flunkies with him waiting in the truck.


...that's actually a pretty good reason to have stayed away from the truck. I thought she got a good look before but I could be mistaken. Good point.
ImageImageImage

Amoebas
User avatar
Son of Stein
 
Posts: 20617
Likes: 192 posts
Liked in: 375 posts
Joined: Wed Feb 18, 2009 10:27 pm
Location: Auburn, MA
Title: Amorphous Anomoly


Re: The Walking Dead 3.14 "Prey" - RATE IT!

Postby Amoebas » Thu Mar 21, 2013 6:29 am

pastajoe wrote:
Perhaps she didn't go to the truck because she thought there may be one of his flunkies with him waiting in the truck.

Or perhaps she didn't go to the truck because she didn't have her license.
Or perhaps she didn't go to the truck because she prefers a vehicle that gets better mpg.
Or perhaps she didn't go to the truck because she found it's "no fat chicks" bumper sticker offensive

I love all these theories about why she didn't go to the truck.

When the simple fact is she didn't - and should have.

Arion
User avatar
Twenty-Something
 
Posts: 18268
Likes: 15 posts
Liked in: 98 posts
Joined: Fri Jul 03, 2009 11:53 am
Title: www.artbyarion.blogspot.com


Re: The Walking Dead 3.14 "Prey" - RATE IT!

Postby Arion » Thu Mar 21, 2013 11:35 am

S.F. Jude Terror wrote:
See, I am fine with this logic, but I think the writers would have shown her at least look at the truck if they wanted to convey that. They didn't, they just ignored it entirely, which makes me believe it was just lazy writing.


A 5 seconds scene showing 20 walkers surrounding the truck would have been enough.

Chris
User avatar
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE
 
Posts: 41354
Likes: 0 post
Liked in: 41 posts
Joined: Mon Mar 27, 2006 1:10 pm
Title: Stuff Writer
Formerly: Chris


Re: The Walking Dead 3.14 "Prey" - RATE IT!

Postby Chris » Thu Mar 21, 2013 2:07 pm

You guys really care a lot about an inconsequential 5 seconds. :lol:

It really makes no difference to me if we saw her go past the truck. Whatever. I can assume obvious needless plot points without having to waste screen time on it.
Image

S.F. Jude Terror
User avatar
OMCTO
 
Posts: 76377
Likes: 482 posts
Liked in: 746 posts
Joined: Thu Jun 12, 2008 11:44 pm
Location: Up Your Ass
Title: Webmaster Supreme
Formerly: Dr. Jude Terror


Re: The Walking Dead 3.14 "Prey" - RATE IT!

Postby S.F. Jude Terror » Thu Mar 21, 2013 2:28 pm

Chris wrote:You guys really care a lot about an inconsequential 5 seconds. :lol:

It really makes no difference to me if we saw her go past the truck. Whatever. I can assume obvious needless plot points without having to waste screen time on it.


You shouldn't have to, and it wasn't a needless plot point. It leaves it open for drastically different interpretations of Andrea and her capabilities. Did she make a dumb decision that got herself captured, ultimately? Was she too stupid to even think of it? Did she make the best decision based on the information she had? Did she try to take the truck off camera and couldn't?

Again, the writers made the truck obvious. It was very in your face that the truck was there, which is why pople noticed it.

Is it super important to the story? Not really.

But it shows why these are not top tier writers, because they're overlooking these details that would go unnoticed in a better written show because they would be seamlessly integrated into the story.
Image
I LOVE BLUD BLOOD! - Rob Liefeld

Chris
User avatar
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE
 
Posts: 41354
Likes: 0 post
Liked in: 41 posts
Joined: Mon Mar 27, 2006 1:10 pm
Title: Stuff Writer
Formerly: Chris


Re: The Walking Dead 3.14 "Prey" - RATE IT!

Postby Chris » Thu Mar 21, 2013 3:28 pm

S.F. Jude Terror wrote:
You shouldn't have to, and it wasn't a needless plot point. It leaves it open for drastically different interpretations of Andrea and her capabilities. Did she make a dumb decision that got herself captured, ultimately? Was she too stupid to even think of it? Did she make the best decision based on the information she had? Did she try to take the truck off camera and couldn't?

Again, the writers made the truck obvious. It was very in your face that the truck was there, which is why pople noticed it.

Is it super important to the story? Not really.

But it shows why these are not top tier writers, because they're overlooking these details that would go unnoticed in a better written show because they would be seamlessly integrated into the story.

I'm pretty sure you guys would find something else to nitpick at for two pages in a better written show as well. :D
Image

S.F. Jude Terror
User avatar
OMCTO
 
Posts: 76377
Likes: 482 posts
Liked in: 746 posts
Joined: Thu Jun 12, 2008 11:44 pm
Location: Up Your Ass
Title: Webmaster Supreme
Formerly: Dr. Jude Terror


Re: The Walking Dead 3.14

Postby S.F. Jude Terror » Thu Mar 21, 2013 3:33 pm

Chris wrote:I'm pretty sure you guys would find something else to nitpick at for two pages in a better written show as well. :D


I only complain about shows with shitty writing, like LOST.

Also, I liked the episode the other day, and I enjoyed this episode as well. I'm just saying that this is an example where the writers could do better, and making excuses for them is fanboy apologism.
Image
I LOVE BLUD BLOOD! - Rob Liefeld

pastajoe
User avatar
Zombie Guard
 
Posts: 9628
Likes: 5 posts
Liked in: 383 posts
Joined: Wed Feb 11, 2009 11:32 am


Re: The Walking Dead 3.14 "Prey" - RATE IT!

Postby pastajoe » Thu Mar 21, 2013 3:53 pm

Not everyone needs to be spoonfed every piece of minutiae.

S.F. Jude Terror
User avatar
OMCTO
 
Posts: 76377
Likes: 482 posts
Liked in: 746 posts
Joined: Thu Jun 12, 2008 11:44 pm
Location: Up Your Ass
Title: Webmaster Supreme
Formerly: Dr. Jude Terror


Re: The Walking Dead 3.14 "Prey" - RATE IT!

Postby S.F. Jude Terror » Thu Mar 21, 2013 5:22 pm

pastajoe wrote:Not everyone needs to be spoonfed every piece of minutiae.



No. But when the writers make something so obvious, it should be addressed.

Again, they are the ones that drew so much attention to the truck. It's not like they're filming a reality show. They scripted the big parts the truck played in the story, only to all of a sudden forget about it.

So, don't put so much emphasis on the truck, or address the truck.

It isn't that hard to grasp what I'm saying and not strawman me with "Not everyone needs to be spoonfed every detail!"

I don't want every detail, or even care about this one really. I only care because, as a viewer, I was told to care by the prominent focus on the truck by the writers/director.
Image
I LOVE BLUD BLOOD! - Rob Liefeld

pastajoe
User avatar
Zombie Guard
 
Posts: 9628
Likes: 5 posts
Liked in: 383 posts
Joined: Wed Feb 11, 2009 11:32 am


Re: The Walking Dead 3.14 "Prey" - RATE IT!

Postby pastajoe » Thu Mar 21, 2013 5:37 pm

Dude, it's just a tv show, you've spent more time talking about the truck than the time it was on screen.

S.F. Jude Terror
User avatar
OMCTO
 
Posts: 76377
Likes: 482 posts
Liked in: 746 posts
Joined: Thu Jun 12, 2008 11:44 pm
Location: Up Your Ass
Title: Webmaster Supreme
Formerly: Dr. Jude Terror


Re: The Walking Dead 3.14 "Prey" - RATE IT!

Postby S.F. Jude Terror » Thu Mar 21, 2013 5:45 pm

pastajoe wrote:Dude, it's just a tv show, you've spent more time talking about the truck than the time it was on screen.


It's a message board, arguably designed for the purpose of nitpicking stuff. :P

leave a comment with facebook

PreviousNext

Return to The Asylum



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: acousticgorilla, MSN NewsBlogs and 38 guests

Advertisement