Advertisement

Avengers 8 and New Avengers 4 (The WorldSpoilers!)

Discuss the latest comic book news and front page articles, read or post your own reviews of comics, and talk about anything comic book related. Threads from the two subforums below will also show up here. News Stand topics can also be read and posted in from The Asylum.

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

Keb
<( ' . ' )>

Liked in: 429 posts
Title: Wastespacer
Formerly: Cocaine Biceps

Avengers 8 and New Avengers 4 (The WorldSpoilers!)

Postby Keb » Thu Mar 21, 2013 12:07 am

Had to Punchy it!

Anyone read these today? I didn't really understand how they're connected. I figure maybe
[Reveal] Spoiler: Click to Expand
the White Event is happening in the Avengers book because of the world-breaking that happening in the New Avengers book, but I totally missed how Galactus and Terrax were connected to what was going on in Avengers.

Am I missing something or should I just wait it out?

Advertisement

habitual
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 231 posts
Title: Habinger of Doom!

Re: Avengers 8 and New Avengers 4 (The WorldSpoilers!)

Postby habitual » Thu Mar 21, 2013 2:08 am

Keb wrote:Had to Punchy it!

Anyone read these today? I didn't really understand how they're connected. I figure maybe
the White Event is happening in the Avengers book because of the world-breaking that happening in the New Avengers book, but I totally missed how Galactus and Terrax were connected to what was going on in Avengers.

Am I missing something or should I just wait it out?

Here's what I think is going on:
there were two White Events that were able to occur as the Super Flow was collapsing, so at some point were going to see two different versions of the Starbrand and possibly an alternate Ex Nihilo and Abyss. The Galactus/Galaktus that was encountered was on the other/Magneto Earth and is there to "unmoor" it and and prevent it from destroying the entire alternate universe.

What remains to be seen is if the other White Event occurred on Magneto Earth or a third one we haven't seen yet. It seems like we'll be seeing the Starbrand face a Galactus/Galaktus at some point which will be really cool.

The other real major thing that was divulged is that Ex Nihilo and Abyss were some type of prototype for the Starbrand/Superflow system, which Captain Universe is connected too somehow. The "Adam" that was create by Ex Nihilo looks to be a bridge between these two systems, and like it said at the end, the systems are in conflict.

Hickman look's like he's connecting these things to projects he's worked on in the past, i.e. Sol's Hammer.

That's all I got.

Hab

Juan Cena
DANG!

Liked in: 211 posts
Title: The Lyrical Peyton Manning

Postby Juan Cena » Thu Mar 21, 2013 7:53 am

This may be the closest thing to the feel of Planetary that I've read.

"I have my heroes, but no one knows their names"
- Sons of the Desert

Strict31 wrote:I'm not sure that combining the nigh-uncontrollable power of LOLtron with the Nacireman is a good idea. Some years from now, when mankind is on the verge of extinction, we'll be able to look back and remember this moment, and say, "DANG."

http://www.shirtswithrandomtriangles.com/

Check out Christmas in Nacirema
http://www.pandora.com/?sc=sh619160960893481469&shareImp=true#!/stations/play/619160960893481469

Keb
<( ' . ' )>

Postby Keb » Thu Mar 21, 2013 9:09 am

habitual wrote:
Here's what I think is going on:
there were two White Events that were able to occur as the Super Flow was collapsing, so at some point were going to see two different versions of the Starbrand and possibly an alternate Ex Nihilo and Abyss. The Galactus/Galaktus that was encountered was on the other/Magneto Earth and is there to "unmoor" it and and prevent it from destroying the entire alternate universe.

What remains to be seen is if the other White Event occurred on Magneto Earth or a third one we haven't seen yet. It seems like we'll be seeing the Starbrand face a Galactus/Galaktus at some point which will be really cool.

The other real major thing that was divulged is that Ex Nihilo and Abyss were some type of prototype for the Starbrand/Superflow system, which Captain Universe is connected too somehow. The "Adam" that was create by Ex Nihilo looks to be a bridge between these two systems, and like it said at the end, the systems are in conflict.

Hickman look's like he's connecting these things to projects he's worked on in the past, i.e. Sol's Hammer.

That's all I got.

Hab

Interesting take.

I read the first arc of Avengers last night and will probably reread the rest today.

My take/thoughts:

I noticed in the first issue Avengers Cap seems to be having dreams about the mind wipe from NA3. Obviously the events of New Avengers happens before Avengers. My guess is that whatever Galaktus did in the Magneto-verse triggered the collapse of that space station or had some sort of effect on it. Or maybe something that the Illuminati did triggers it.

There's a reason why Iron Man tells Cap that Stephen Strange is "busy" in Avengers and I think its because he goes through with what he planned for in NA 4.

Also I have a feeling that there's going to be some kind of falling out or issue/building plot between Tony and Cap. One is life and the other death only means that something is planned for those two.

Haven't read Hickman's F4/FF yet but its sitting on my bedside table waiting to be read.

I also think we're not getting the full stories of Hyperion and Captain Universe.

Juan Cena
DANG!

Liked in: 211 posts
Title: The Lyrical Peyton Manning

Postby Juan Cena » Thu Mar 21, 2013 9:51 am

Keb wrote:Interesting take.

I read the first arc of Avengers last night and will probably reread the rest today.

My take/thoughts:

I noticed in the first issue Avengers Cap seems to be having dreams about the mind wipe from NA3. Obviously the events of New Avengers happens before Avengers. My guess is that whatever Galaktus did in the Magneto-verse triggered the collapse of that space station or had some sort of effect on it. Or maybe something that the Illuminati did triggers it.

There's a reason why Iron Man tells Cap that Stephen Strange is "busy" in Avengers and I think its because he goes through with what he planned for in NA 4.

Also I have a feeling that there's going to be some kind of falling out or issue/building plot between Tony and Cap. One is life and the other death only means that something is planned for those two.

Haven't read Hickman's F4/FF yet but its sitting on my bedside table waiting to be read.

I also think we're not getting the full stories of Hyperion and Captain Universe.

Oh I'm sure we're not.

"I have my heroes, but no one knows their names"
- Sons of the Desert

Strict31 wrote:I'm not sure that combining the nigh-uncontrollable power of LOLtron with the Nacireman is a good idea. Some years from now, when mankind is on the verge of extinction, we'll be able to look back and remember this moment, and say, "DANG."

http://www.shirtswithrandomtriangles.com/

Check out Christmas in Nacirema
http://www.pandora.com/?sc=sh619160960893481469&shareImp=true#!/stations/play/619160960893481469

habitual
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Postby habitual » Thu Mar 21, 2013 10:14 am

Keb wrote:Interesting take.

My take/thoughts:

I would read his FF toot sweet, not only because it's bad ass, but, I get the feeling that Hickman could be tying in some facets of it, and possibly his SHIELD stuff.

As far as your spoilers:

Someone noticed in one of the earlier Avenger threads that when the Infinity Gauntlet was used all the gems appeared to have been destroyed, with the exception of the Time Gem, which was Caps. So it could be tied into that in some way.

Hab
Last edited by habitual on Thu Mar 21, 2013 10:16 am, edited 1 time in total.

IvCNuB4
Staff Writer

Liked in: 549 posts
Title: Stop messing with my TITLE !

Postby IvCNuB4 » Thu Mar 21, 2013 10:15 am

Any relation/connection to the White Hot Room ?
Victorian Squid wrote:In a DC/Marvel cross-over "all your favorite Marvel characters would catch contextually-transmitted diseases and Steph infections."

habitual
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Postby habitual » Thu Mar 21, 2013 1:09 pm

IvCNuB4 wrote:Any relation/connection to the White Hot Room ?

It was a Winter Folk sauna!

Hab

Keb
<( ' . ' )>

Postby Keb » Thu Mar 21, 2013 2:37 pm

IvCNuB4 wrote:Any relation/connection to the White Hot Room ?

Maybe. That represents the crown or Keter in the Kabbalah, so when Jean was there in New X-Men it represented that she was at the highest state of something.

Smasher comes from Grant Morrison's New X-Men so who knows.

Hab, I was recommended against Hickman's SHIELD series in the "any good" thread. Are you saying read it?

Grayson
Outhouse Drafter

Liked in: 1447 posts
Title: The Intersect
Formerly: Sakie

Postby Grayson » Thu Mar 21, 2013 2:42 pm

Now I am sort of confused. Since I am reading New Avengers, should I still be reading Avengers? I dropped it just before the Smasher origin story.
ImageImageImage

Keb
<( ' . ' )>

Postby Keb » Thu Mar 21, 2013 2:53 pm

Grayson wrote:Now I am sort of confused. Since I am reading New Avengers, should I still be reading Avengers? I dropped it just before the Smasher origin story.

If you want. You don't have to, but they do say they are connected in some way.

I don't think it's crucial to read both though. You might be able to get away with reading spoilers for one or the other.

habitual
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Postby habitual » Thu Mar 21, 2013 4:02 pm

Grayson wrote:Now I am sort of confused. Since I am reading New Avengers, should I still be reading Avengers? I dropped it just before the Smasher origin story.

I get the vibe that it will follow the same format as Fantastic Four and FF, so they'll be heavily intertwined.

Hab

Keb
<( ' . ' )>

Postby Keb » Thu Mar 21, 2013 5:38 pm

My understanding is that Fantastic Four stopped at 588, became FF and the first 12 issues of FF were basically F4 589-600.

I've got F4 vols 1-4 and FF vols 1-2 on my bedside with F4 vol 5 and FF vol 3 in the mail.

habitual
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Postby habitual » Thu Mar 21, 2013 9:13 pm

Keb wrote:My understanding is that Fantastic Four stopped at 588, became FF and the first 12 issues of FF were basically F4 589-600.

I've got F4 vols 1-4 and FF vols 1-2 on my bedside with F4 vol 5 and FF vol 3 in the mail.

There was an interval where there was no overlap, but, after a certain point the story went through both comics.

Hab

ElijahSnowFan
cheese

Liked in: 72 posts
Title: I'm like Atrocitus at times

Postby ElijahSnowFan » Fri Mar 22, 2013 4:40 am

Best sequence of Avengers stories I've ever read.

Dead serious: I mean, ever.

*Sniff, sniff* "Damn it, Diana...If I'd known they would trade us in for a JT Krul-written Captain Atom and "The Savage Hawkman," I'd have let Superboy-Prime destroy all reality."

"Superman flies and is really strong...what the fuck else do you need to know?!" -- Hitler, expressing his displeasure about DC rebooting and complaints about continuity

leave a comment with facebook

Next

Return to The News Stand