Advertisement

So I genuinely enjoy the New 52.

This is the main board on The Outhouse, where Outhousers talk about everything. No topics are off limits, and it doesn't have to be about comics. All the topics from the other boards also show up in The Asylum, so you never have to leave1

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

oogy
Outhouse Drafter

Liked in: 70 posts
Formerly: oogyboy, Elwood P Dowd, OH USER #535

Re: So I genuinely enjoy the New 52.

Postby oogy » Thu Mar 21, 2013 9:03 am

I really enjoy all of the DC books I'm reading, which is about 25 titles.

I know that there are other DC titles that I'm curious about, but due to budget, don't get.

Stephen Colbert wrote:Everybody knows I don't see race. People tell me I'm white and I believe them because I get pretty good service at the Cracker Barrel.

Ron Swanson wrote:You may have thought you heard me say I wanted a lot of bacon and eggs, but what I said was: Give me all the bacon and eggs you have.

Advertisement

MrBlack
WTF is this rank?

Liked in: 48 posts

Postby MrBlack » Thu Mar 21, 2013 10:05 am

holtom2000 wrote:Final crisis, the series where they don't show darkseid take over, and superman saves the day by whistling? That final crisis?

Yup.

I really enjoyed it. I liked the depiction of the New Gods as beings truly beyond humanity, I loved the exploration of the Monitors and the Multiverse in Superman Beyond, and I loved the scope of it.

It certainly has its fair share of flaws. The dialogue is stilted, Mandrakk should have been built up better, and a lot of the minor plot elements were not fleshed out enough (The Earth-51 plan, the Zoo Crew, etc.). The clusterfuck surrounding the publication of the series didn't help (Countdown, J.G. Jones dropping off the book, not making Superman Beyond part of the main series). That said, I really enjoy the story despite its flaws, and it reads much better separated from the grind and continuity of monthly comics.

Zero
Zombie Guard

Liked in: 53 posts
Title: Last Man on Earth
Formerly: Armin Tamzarian

Postby Zero » Thu Mar 21, 2013 10:34 am

I loved FC too. Superman Beyond was pretty essential reading, but other than that it held together a lot better without any of the tie-ins.

Punchy
Staff Writer

Liked in: 43 posts
Title: Shitlord

Postby Punchy » Thu Mar 21, 2013 10:50 am

Final Crisis was fucking shit.

nietoperz
The Goddamn Bat-min

Liked in: 142 posts
Title: Forum Manager

Postby nietoperz » Thu Mar 21, 2013 11:12 am

My DC pull has suddenly dwindled down to five titles, and two more are very much on the cusp of being culled. Three, if (as I suspect) Batman Inc ends when Morrison goes.

leave a comment with facebook

Previous

Return to The Asylum