Advertisement

Avengers 8 and New Avengers 4 (The WorldSpoilers!)

Discuss the latest comic book news and front page articles, read or post your own reviews of comics, and talk about anything comic book related. Threads from the two subforums below will also show up here. News Stand topics can also be read and posted in from The Asylum.

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

Zero
Zombie Guard

Liked in: 65 posts
Title: Last Man on Earth
Formerly: Armin Tamzarian

Re: Avengers 8 and New Avengers 4 (The WorldSpoilers!)

Postby Zero » Fri Mar 22, 2013 5:29 am

habitual wrote:
There was an interval where there was no overlap, but, after a certain point the story went through both comics.

Hab

Fantastic Four 600-604 happen at the same time as FF 12-16 and overlap heavily. I dunno how they;re collected, but they should really be read alternating between titles after each issue, I dunno what you'd get revealed out of sequence otherwise. Might work perfectly well.

Fantastic Four 607 and 608 happen at the same time as FF 20 but aren't really needed to be read together.

Fantastic Four 610 and FF 22 are the same story from different perspectives, and FF 22 contains the conclusion.

Fantastic Four 611 and FF 23 are the final issues of Hickman's run, and while they're totally separate stories neither one is skippable in the grand scheme of things.

Fantastic Four was basically shipping twice montly from 600 onwards, with the FF issues typically (but not always) focussing more on the kids. FF has an awesome Johnny Storm\Peter Parker issue and the conclusions to all the Inhumans\Negative Zone stories. F4 has a great Thing story, the set-up for Black Panther in New Avengers, and introduces AIM island as seen in Avengers.

Advertisement

habitual
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 201 posts
Title: Habinger of Doom!

Postby habitual » Fri Mar 22, 2013 6:25 am

ElijahSnowFan wrote:Best sequence of Avengers stories I've ever read.

Dead serious: I mean, ever.

Something that really stood out for me while reading this week's issues was the fact that this feels like Marvel's flagship book for the first time in a very long time.

Hab

Keb
<( ' . ' )>

Liked in: 368 posts
Title: Wastespacer
Formerly: Cocaine Biceps

Postby Keb » Fri Mar 22, 2013 8:43 am

Zero wrote:
Fantastic Four 600-604 happen at the same time as FF 12-16 and overlap heavily. I dunno how they;re collected, but they should really be read alternating between titles after each issue, I dunno what you'd get revealed out of sequence otherwise. Might work perfectly well.

Fantastic Four 607 and 608 happen at the same time as FF 20 but aren't really needed to be read together.

Fantastic Four 610 and FF 22 are the same story from different perspectives, and FF 22 contains the conclusion.

Fantastic Four 611 and FF 23 are the final issues of Hickman's run, and while they're totally separate stories neither one is skippable in the grand scheme of things.

Fantastic Four was basically shipping twice montly from 600 onwards, with the FF issues typically (but not always) focussing more on the kids. FF has an awesome Johnny Storm\Peter Parker issue and the conclusions to all the Inhumans\Negative Zone stories. F4 has a great Thing story, the set-up for Black Panther in New Avengers, and introduces AIM island as seen in Avengers.

Now I know.

TimDrake'sDumbWings
Motherfucker from Hell

Liked in: 2 posts
Title: I mean... ROBINS have wings...
Formerly: DOOP SPEAK

Postby TimDrake'sDumbWings » Fri Mar 22, 2013 9:12 am

Zero wrote:

I was going to buy these as digital trades when I decide to read them. Looks like single issues read in release order might be the way to go.

Keb
<( ' . ' )>

Postby Keb » Fri Mar 22, 2013 3:35 pm

Are digi-trades cheaper than singles?

Okay, I made some observations from New Avengers and Avengers.
[Reveal] Spoiler: Click to Expand
Dude that Black Swan kills is a Manifold. She says something about Manifolds being useless outside their own universe. I also noticed that the dude mentions the 616 being "Eden" and the Avengers Manifold is named Eden.

She also kills him with eye blasts similar to Hyperion's. Hyperion keeps talking about his world dying and shit so perhaps she has some sort of relation to Hyperion (her universe's version of Hyperion)? In New Avengers 3 she eats French fries and seems so out of touch with everything similar to Hyperion in issue 4 of Avengers. I'm wondering if there's a link.

In the Smasher issue (Avengers 5), the telepath pulls info that those drones were running away not invading. On that same level, Black Swan keeps mentioning that something is coming. I think there is a relation between these two and that blue stuff that took out all those comm centers in Avengers 7.

Galactus appears to be assembling the same device in New Avengers 3 as Galaktus is trying to detonate in New Avengers 4. The appearances by Thanks and the Watcher seem to imply that these three all know something.

I was looking at the roster circle and noticed the different types of lines linking everybody. The broken lines interest me and I think there's going to be some sort of fallout between Tony and Steve. I could tell that there's some tension between the two from the get-go and you could see it in issue 8 with Cap barking orders at everyone. The two big circles at the top are throwing me off a bit.

Also I think Namor is going to die. Which is good because he pisses me off.

Grayson
Outhouse Drafter

Liked in: 1075 posts
Title: The Intersect
Formerly: Sakie

Postby Grayson » Fri Mar 22, 2013 3:40 pm

Keb wrote:Okay, I made some observations from New Avengers and Avengers.
Dude that Black Swan kills is a Manifold. She says something about Manifolds being useless outside their own universe. I also noticed that the dude mentions the 616 being "Eden" and the Avengers Manifold is named Eden.

She also kills him with eye blasts similar to Hyperion's. Hyperion keeps talking about his world dying and shit so perhaps she has some sort of relation to Hyperion (her universe's version of Hyperion)? In New Avengers 3 she eats French fries and seems so out of touch with everything similar to Hyperion in issue 4 of Avengers. I'm wondering if there's a link.

In the Smasher issue (Avengers 5), the telepath pulls info that those drones were running away not invading. On that same level, Black Swan keeps mentioning that something is coming. I think there is a relation between these two and that blue stuff that took out all those comm centers in Avengers 7.

Galactus appears to be assembling the same device in New Avengers 3 as Galaktus is trying to detonate in New Avengers 4. The appearances by Thanks and the Watcher seem to imply that these three all know something.

I was looking at the roster circle and noticed the different types of lines linking everybody. The broken lines interest me and I think there's going to be some sort of fallout between Tony and Steve. I could tell that there's some tension between the two from the get-go and you could see it in issue 8 with Cap barking orders at everyone. The two big circles at the top are throwing me off a bit.

I was considering going back and trying to find the issues of Avengers that I missed but this seems pretty helpful. Thanks Keb!
ImageImageImage

Keb
<( ' . ' )>

Postby Keb » Fri Mar 22, 2013 3:40 pm

Also I was using the decoder this morning and there was lots of "the machine is broken".

Who broke the machine?

Zero
Zombie Guard

Liked in: 65 posts
Title: Last Man on Earth
Formerly: Armin Tamzarian

Postby Zero » Fri Mar 22, 2013 5:43 pm

Keb wrote:Also I was using the decoder this morning and there was lots of "the machine is broken".

Who broke the machine?

I think that's going to be the books' major reveal. Whoever broke the universe.

fieldy snuts
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 255 posts
Title: Burrr
Formerly: Sweet James Jones

Postby fieldy snuts » Fri Mar 22, 2013 6:02 pm

The obvious answer seems to be Thanos in order to set up Hickman's Infinity event.

But given this is comics it could be a swerve.

Keb
<( ' . ' )>

Postby Keb » Fri Mar 22, 2013 8:50 pm

fieldy snuts wrote:The obvious answer seems to be Thanos in order to set up Hickman's Infinity event.

But given this is comics it could be a swerve.

Que?
Infinity event?

That might just kill my interest in these two books :(

Grayson
Outhouse Drafter

Liked in: 1075 posts
Title: The Intersect
Formerly: Sakie

Postby Grayson » Fri Mar 22, 2013 8:55 pm

Keb wrote:Que?
Infinity event?

That might just kill my interest in these two books :(

Infinity is Marvel's big Free Comic Book Day event which is supposed to hint at things to come in the Marvel Universe.
ImageImageImage

Keb
<( ' . ' )>

Postby Keb » Fri Mar 22, 2013 11:31 pm

Oh okay. I thought it was gonna be another fucking crossover event.

Juan Cena
DANG!

Liked in: 152 posts
Title: The Lyrical Peyton Manning

Postby Juan Cena » Sat Mar 23, 2013 6:27 am

Keb wrote:Are digi-trades cheaper than singles?

Okay, I made some observations from New Avengers and Avengers.

This is why Hickman is comparable to Ellis - I looked up Manifold and his name has to do with topology. My brain can barely comprehend algebra.

"I have my heroes, but no one knows their names"
- Sons of the Desert

Strict31 wrote:I'm not sure that combining the nigh-uncontrollable power of LOLtron with the Nacireman is a good idea. Some years from now, when mankind is on the verge of extinction, we'll be able to look back and remember this moment, and say, "DANG."

http://www.shirtswithrandomtriangles.com/

Check out Christmas in Nacirema
http://www.pandora.com/?sc=sh619160960893481469&shareImp=true#!/stations/play/619160960893481469

Juan Cena
DANG!

Liked in: 152 posts
Title: The Lyrical Peyton Manning

Postby Juan Cena » Sat Mar 23, 2013 7:12 am

Keb wrote:

.[/spoiler]

Theory:
The two outer circles are possibly going to be filled by Nightmask and Star Brand. One following the way of Cap (life?), the other of Stark (death?).

"I have my heroes, but no one knows their names"
- Sons of the Desert

Strict31 wrote:I'm not sure that combining the nigh-uncontrollable power of LOLtron with the Nacireman is a good idea. Some years from now, when mankind is on the verge of extinction, we'll be able to look back and remember this moment, and say, "DANG."

http://www.shirtswithrandomtriangles.com/

Check out Christmas in Nacirema
http://www.pandora.com/?sc=sh619160960893481469&shareImp=true#!/stations/play/619160960893481469

Keb
<( ' . ' )>

Postby Keb » Sat Mar 23, 2013 9:27 am

Juan Cena wrote:
Theory:
The two outer circles are possibly going to be filled by Nightmask and Star Brand. One following the way of Cap (life?), the other of Stark (death?).

I don't think the New Universe characters are the life and death. Captain Universe has said to Nightmask that this all ends with him in a box, so his end is inevitable. Personally, I think some of the New Universe characters are going to have to make a sacrifice to repair the machine or something along those lines. I think Starbrand will join the avengers under Thor or maybe Hawkeye (both have roster spots in their branches).

Cap's roster spots all seem to be people who value life (Falcon, Shang Chi, Captain Marvel) whereas Stark's seem to be more about death/survival (Wolverine, Spider-Pussy, recall "would you kill to save your own" in New Avengers) so I think we might see the divide spinning out of that conflict. Once Steve learns what the Illuminati did to him, he'sgoing to go apeshit.

I've noticed the broken connecting lines between Shang Chi's circle to Stark's group and Sunspot to Cap's group. Recall that in Avengers 2, it was Stark who recruited Shang Chi and Cap who recruited Sunspot (and Cannonball).

I also made note of the different types of circles. Notice that Manifold and Captain Universe have double circles similar to Cap? Perhaps they will both eventually lead their own teams? Their roles are much bigger in this than what we've seen and I want to see where Hickman goes with them. I'm more intrigued by Manifold now that a counterpart has surfaced in New Avengers.

The two big circles at the top are going to be heavy hitters though. Could see that link to the Infinity event.

leave a comment with facebook

PreviousNext

Return to The News Stand