Advertisement

Avengers 8 and New Avengers 4 (The WorldSpoilers!)

Discuss the latest comic book news and front page articles, read or post your own reviews of comics, and talk about anything comic book related. Threads from the two subforums below will also show up here. News Stand topics can also be read and posted in from The Asylum.

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

Juan Cena
DANG!

Liked in: 128 posts
Title: The Lyrical Peyton Manning

Re: Avengers 8 and New Avengers 4 (The WorldSpoilers!)

Postby Juan Cena » Sat Mar 23, 2013 10:07 am

[Reveal] Spoiler: Click to Expand
Keb wrote:[spoiler]I don't think the New Universe characters are the life and death. Captain Universe has said to Nightmask that this all ends with him in a box, so his end is inevitable. Personally, I think some of the New Universe characters are going to have to make a sacrifice to repair the machine or something along those lines. I think Starbrand will join the avengers under Thor or maybe Hawkeye (both have roster spots in their branches).

The life and death I was referring to was the description of Cap and Tony at the end of Avengers #3. Where it says "The great idea was expansion. And it started with two men. One was life. And one was death.

And yeah, Nightmask is probably going to be toast. But I don't think that this will be happening in the next few issues or so.

Cap's roster spots all seem to be people who value life (Falcon, Shang Chi, Captain Marvel) whereas Stark's seem to be more about death/survival (Wolverine, Spider-Pussy, recall "would you kill to save your own" in New Avengers) so I think we might see the divide spinning out of that conflict. Once Steve learns what the Illuminati did to him, he'sgoing to go apeshit.

All of this seems to center around what the Iluminati did more and more.

I've noticed the broken connecting lines between Shang Chi's circle to Stark's group and Sunspot to Cap's group. Recall that in Avengers 2, it was Stark who recruited Shang Chi and Cap who recruited Sunspot (and Cannonball).

I also made note of the different types of circles. Notice that Manifold and Captain Universe have double circles similar to Cap? Perhaps they will both eventually lead their own teams? Their roles are much bigger in this than what we've seen and I want to see where Hickman goes with them. I'm more intrigued by Manifold now that a counterpart has surfaced in New Avengers.

Curiously, their circles are on the lines connected to Thor and Hawkeye. Thor's line has the more "cosmic" Avengers on it (Hyperion, Capt. Universe, Smasher). Dunno what Manifold's connection to Hawkeye is yet.

The two big circles at the top are going to be heavy hitters though. Could see that link to the Infinity event.

Which is why I expect Nightmask and Star Brand to take those spots. They're the ends of a broken system. (Being both the Universe/Mutiverse, and the Avengers.)
[/quote][/spoiler]

"I have my heroes, but no one knows their names"
- Sons of the Desert

Strict31 wrote:I'm not sure that combining the nigh-uncontrollable power of LOLtron with the Nacireman is a good idea. Some years from now, when mankind is on the verge of extinction, we'll be able to look back and remember this moment, and say, "DANG."

http://www.shirtswithrandomtriangles.com/

Check out Christmas in Nacirema
http://www.pandora.com/?sc=sh619160960893481469&shareImp=true#!/stations/play/619160960893481469

Advertisement

Juan Cena
DANG!

Postby Juan Cena » Sat Mar 23, 2013 10:15 am

Curiously, this song ran through my head when rereading these issues.

Probably because the sample (from "Jisas Holem ya Holem Hand Blom") used fits the epic nature of the writing.

- Sons of the Desert

Strict31 wrote:I'm not sure that combining the nigh-uncontrollable power of LOLtron with the Nacireman is a good idea. Some years from now, when mankind is on the verge of extinction, we'll be able to look back and remember this moment, and say, "DANG."

http://www.pandora.com/?sc=sh619160960893481469&shareImp=true#!/stations/play/619160960893481469

Keb
<( ' . ' )>

Liked in: 323 posts
Title: Wastespacer
Formerly: Cocaine Biceps

Postby Keb » Sat Mar 23, 2013 3:29 pm

Juan Cena wrote:
The life and death I was referring to was the description of Cap and Tony at the end of Avengers #3. Where it says "The great idea was expansion. And it started with two men. One was life. And one was death.

And yeah, Nightmask is probably going to be toast. But I don't think that this will be happening in the next few issues or so.

All of this seems to center around what the Iluminati did more and more.

Curiously, their circles are on the lines connected to Thor and Hawkeye. Thor's line has the more "cosmic" Avengers on it (Hyperion, Capt. Universe, Smasher). Dunno what Manifold's connection to Hawkeye is yet.

Which is why I expect Nightmask and Star Brand to take those spots. They're the ends of a broken system. (Being both the Universe/Mutiverse, and the Avengers.)

The reason why I don't think Starbrand and Nightmask are going to fill those spots is because the whole White Event storyline seems to be a smaller part of a larger whole. We've yet to see how the pieces all really fit together. I don't believe that these two are really big Marvel U names. Not like Thanos or Galactus.

Going to Thor's group. You are right, those characters are all cosmic. I would assume since Thor is a cosmic character than perhaps Hawkeye's team might be people who are/were spies/SHIELD agents. Manifold is from Secret Warriors.

Going back to what Hab posted, there are probably alternate versions of a lot of people. Personally, I think there is going to be more about the Builders and the kind of system Ex Nihilo and Abyss are part of.

Judging from F4/FF and the length I think Hickman is building towards something.

Juan Cena
DANG!

Postby Juan Cena » Sat Mar 23, 2013 7:56 pm

Keb wrote:[spoiler]The reason why I don't think Starbrand and Nightmask are going to fill those spots is because the whole White Event storyline seems to be a smaller part of a larger whole. We've yet to see how the pieces all really fit together. I don't believe that these two are really big Marvel U names. Not like Thanos or Galactus.

Going to Thor's group. You are right, those characters are all cosmic. I would assume since Thor is a cosmic character than perhaps Hawkeye's team might be people who are/were spies/SHIELD agents. Manifold is from Secret Warriors.

Going back to what Hab posted, there are probably alternate versions of a lot of people. Personally, I think there is going to be more about the Builders and the kind of system Ex Nihilo and Abyss are part of.

Judging from F4/FF and the length I think Hickman is building towards something.

Keb wrote:
The reason why I don't think Starbrand and Nightmask are going to fill those spots is because the whole White Event storyline seems to be a smaller part of a larger whole. We've yet to see how the pieces all really fit together. I don't believe that these two are really big Marvel U names. Not like Thanos or Galactus.

I don't think those two outer circles would have to be two "big Marvel U names," per se. They are just the characters relevant to this story. I don't think Hickman brought Nightmask and Star Brand in just to be taken off the board so quickly. [/quote]

Also note the spaces which are "double ringed" (Capt. Universe, and Manifold). They seem to have a bigger function in the "system." The outer circles are also double ringed, as are Cap and Tony. I suspect they represent the characters who are part of the Builder's system, whether they are conscious of it or not.

So is Hawkeye a SHIELD agent now? I haven't kept up too much with Marvel in a while. You'd think the "spies" would be Natasha's department.

Nightmask said the there's supposed to be "A Justice, A Cipher, A Star Brand, Sometimes a Spitfire" I can see Cap being the "Justice." Maybe Tony's the "Spitfire."[/spoiler]

- Sons of the Desert

Juan Cena
DANG!

Postby Juan Cena » Sat Mar 23, 2013 8:03 pm

Keb wrote:The reason why I don't think Starbrand and Nightmask are going to fill those spots is because the whole White Event storyline seems to be a smaller part of a larger whole. We've yet to see how the pieces all really fit together. I don't believe that these two are really big Marvel U names. Not like Thanos or Galactus.

Keb wrote:

I don't think those two outer circles would have to be two "big Marvel U names," per se. They are just the characters relevant to this story. I don't think Hickman brought Nightmask and Star Brand in just to be taken off the board so quickly. [/quote]

Also note the spaces which are "double ringed" (Capt. Universe, and Manifold). They seem to have a bigger function in the "system." The outer circles are also double ringed, as are Cap and Tony. I suspect they represent the characters who are part of the Builder's system, whether they are conscious of it or not.

So is Hawkeye a SHIELD agent now? I haven't kept up too much with Marvel in a while. You'd think the "spies" would be Natasha's department.

Nightmask said the there's supposed to be "A Justice, A Cipher, A Star Brand, Sometimes a Spitfire" I can see Cap being the "Justice." Maybe Tony's the "Spitfire."

- Sons of the Desert

Keb
<( ' . ' )>

Postby Keb » Sat Mar 23, 2013 8:04 pm

Juan Cena wrote:So is Hawkeye a SHIELD agent now? I haven't kept up too much with Marvel in a while. You'd think the "spies" would be Natasha's department.

Yah. He's been working with SHIELD in his solo series as well as joining the cast of Spencer's Secret Avengers, which focuses on SHIELD (Black Widow, Hulk and Hawkeye are all part of the team).

Let's see how it plays out.

Juan Cena
DANG!

Postby Juan Cena » Sat Mar 23, 2013 11:19 pm

Keb wrote:Yah. He's been working with SHIELD in his solo series as well as joining the cast of Spencer's Secret Avengers, which focuses on SHIELD (Black Widow, Hulk and Hawkeye are all part of the team).

Let's see how it plays out.

I still think it would have made more sense to have Widow connected to that line. She's been a SHIELD agent forever.

- Sons of the Desert

e_galston
Staff Writer

Liked in: 433 posts
Formerly: Sitebreaker

Postby e_galston » Sun Mar 24, 2013 12:10 am

Juan Cena wrote:

I still think it would have made more sense to have Widow connected to that line. She's been a SHIELD agent forever.

But if Iron Man's side is "death" it'd make more sense to put her there as she's been an assassin and has no problem killing people.. Hawkeye on the other hand does.

Keb
<( ' . ' )>

Postby Keb » Sun Mar 24, 2013 8:22 am

e_galston wrote:
But if Iron Man's side is "death" it'd make more sense to put her there as she's been an assassin and has no problem killing people.. Hawkeye on the other hand does.

Yep.

Juan Cena
DANG!

Postby Juan Cena » Sun Mar 24, 2013 8:59 am

e_galston wrote:

Assuming of course, that Iron Man is "death". Could be the other way around.

- Sons of the Desert

e_galston
Staff Writer

Liked in: 433 posts
Formerly: Sitebreaker

Postby e_galston » Sun Mar 24, 2013 9:13 am

then he has some strange members on his team if his team is "life"

Keb
<( ' . ' )>

Postby Keb » Sun Mar 24, 2013 10:17 am

I think his link to the illuminati is enough to be death.

Juan Cena
DANG!

Postby Juan Cena » Sun Mar 24, 2013 12:25 pm

e_galston wrote:then he has some strange members on his team if his team is "life"

Same could be said with Cap. The Hulk's on his side of the circle, for crying out loud.

- Sons of the Desert

Keb
<( ' . ' )>

Postby Keb » Sun Mar 24, 2013 3:07 pm

Yeah but Hulk is not liked to Cap's branch of the roster. The four people on Cap's roster are Shang Chi, Falcon, Captain Marvel and Spider-Woman. They are all people who wouldn't kill.

If Hulk/Banner joins Cap, it's because he's suspicious of Tony. He already questions Tony when Tony explains that he tagged Nightmask with Richards' universal tracer (Avengers 8). He gets cut off though.

Tony on the other hand has Spider-Pussy, Wolverine, Cannonball and Sunspot on his branch of the roster. Wolverine is obvious. Spider-Pussy is a grey area but he's on the team for money. Even Sam and Roberto are kinda in a grey area. They seem to be attaching themselves to Tony as well.

Amoebas
Son of Stein

Liked in: 373 posts
Title: Amorphous Anomoly

Postby Amoebas » Mon Mar 25, 2013 8:44 am

Avengers #8

Right off the bat, Ms. Marvel is a complete dick to the kid, followed by Lady Universe being a dick too (two ladies being dicks :smt017 )

Why is Hulk on this team (besides because the movie says so)? He's far more unstable than this boy is.

Even Cap - the only one to try and talk to the kid originally quickly goes all military on him.

And then there's Thor. Just a couple months ago he punched a kid in the stomach (his only crime, trying to protect his friend)

Now he goes all Valhalla on this child. And then he oddly insults the boy's father :smt017

Who the fuck is this guy with the hammer - because it sure as shit isn't the Thor I've read adventures of since he debuted in '62. Later he even curses out Cap because Thor isn't allowed to savagely smite him as the kid is restrained by Hulk.

Let's see, confused kid in an unexpected environment and Earth's Mightiest Heroes gang up to beat the shit out of him. I guess Hickman hasn't gotten the anti-bullying message.

Ms. Marvel can pinpoint throw something from orbit? :lol: This whole scene was done infinitely better by the Vision against Nefaria in Avengers #166.

And has no one bothered to read Quasar's logs on the Star Brand? He only had it tattooed to his face for a long while. Hell, Carol Danvers and Captain 'Monica' Marvel were part of the Starblast event.

I could care less for what broke the machine or who did it. When the heroes of the book act like complete and utter dicks, it's completely and utterly unenjoyable.

leave a comment with facebook

PreviousNext

Return to The News Stand