Tuesday, August 23, 2016 • Evening Edition • "Better than Bleeding Cool by that much."

The Outhouse - The Greatest Comic Book Forum

Comics news, comic book reviews, feature articles about comics, interviews with comic creators, plus the greatest comic book and pop culture discussion in the Outhouse forums!

Advertisement

What Was The Last TV Show You Watched?

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Well, they're not accepting new members, but we'll take anyone here, so why not sign up for a free acount? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

Eli Katz

OMCTO

Postby Eli Katz » Sat Mar 23, 2013 1:16 pm

WKRP in Cincinnati. Awesome!

IvCNuB4

Staff Writer

Postby IvCNuB4 » Sat Mar 23, 2013 2:35 pm

S.F. Jude Terror wrote:Watched the first two episodes of The Americans. Pretty cool show.

I've watched every episode to date. it's really entertaining :smt023

Stephen Day

Wrasslin' Fan

Postby Stephen Day » Sat Mar 23, 2013 4:25 pm

Eli Katz wrote:WKRP in Cincinnati. Awesome!

One of my favourite shows of all time. :)

KingPagla

WTF is this rank?

Postby KingPagla » Sat Mar 23, 2013 5:05 pm

MeTV has a great line-up of old shows.
Their Weeknight Prime-Time line up is Bewitched, I Dream Of Jeanie,The Mary Tyler Moore Show, The Bob Newhart Show, The Odd Couple, and The Dick Van Dyke Show. Aside from Jeanie, some of the best sitcoms ever.

We DVR Mary every night and watch the others randomly.
Currently they're up to the last season of Mary where, while Rhoda and Phylis are gone, Sue Ellen is great and with her promotion Mary's character developed a good Tracy/Hepburn rapport with Lou.

Other shows on their schedule are Star Trek (TOS), Batman, Green Hornet, Voyage to the Bottom of the Sea, Lost In Space, and loads of other great shows.

HNutz

Rain Partier

Postby HNutz » Sat Mar 23, 2013 5:14 pm

I picked up the entire Jem series for my gf, so we're watching a little of that, now.

Lord Ice

Motherfucker from Hell

Postby Lord Ice » Sat Mar 23, 2013 6:25 pm

KingPagla wrote:MeTV has a great line-up of old shows.
Their Weeknight Prime-Time line up is Bewitched, I Dream Of Jeanie,The Mary Tyler Moore Show, The Bob Newhart Show, The Odd Couple, and The Dick Van Dyke Show. Aside from Jeanie, some of the best sitcoms ever.

Currently they're up to the last season of Mary where, while Rhoda and Phylis are gone, Sue Ellen is great and with her promotion Mary's character developed a good Tracy/Hepburn rapport with Lou.

Other shows on their schedule are Star Trek (TOS), Batman, Green Hornet, Voyage to the Bottom of the Sea, Lost In Space, and loads of other great shows.

That's almost what my viewing habits are. Spend more time watching MeTV than anything, except on Tuesday nights when I watch the sad state of NBC.

Eli Katz

OMCTO

Postby Eli Katz » Sat Mar 23, 2013 7:06 pm

MeTV used to play Rockford Files and Kojak, too. Maybe it still does. I moved this past year and my new cable provider doesn't offer it, sadly. It was easily my favorite channel.

Eli Katz

OMCTO

Postby Eli Katz » Sat Mar 23, 2013 7:07 pm

Stephen Day wrote:
One of my favourite shows of all time. :)

Mine too. I love both the opening and closing themes. I hum them constantly.

Stephen Day

Wrasslin' Fan

Postby Stephen Day » Sat Mar 23, 2013 8:27 pm

Eli Katz wrote:Mine too. I love both the opening and closing themes. I hum them constantly.

The opening and closing themes are both among the best ever in my opinion. They're just perfect for the show. I'd love to buy the season DVDs, but I've been warned by others that the original music has been removed, and as a result, some of the jokes no longer make as much sense. That makes me nervous and I've been somewhat leery of making the purchase.

KingPagla

WTF is this rank?

Postby KingPagla » Sat Mar 23, 2013 8:45 pm

Eli Katz wrote:MeTV used to play Rockford Files and Kojak, too. Maybe it still does. I moved this past year and my new cable provider doesn't offer it, sadly. It was easily my favorite channel.

Yeah Rockford comes on in the morning and Kojak, late night.
Good stuff.

Eli Katz

OMCTO

Postby Eli Katz » Sun Mar 24, 2013 8:28 am

Stephen Day wrote:
The opening and closing themes are both among the best ever in my opinion. They're just perfect for the show. I'd love to buy the season DVDs, but I've been warned by others that the original music has been removed, and as a result, some of the jokes no longer make as much sense. That makes me nervous and I've been somewhat leery of making the purchase.

Why would the music be removed? That's crazy and disappointing.

Tintin Quarantino

Rain Partier

Postby Tintin Quarantino » Sun Mar 24, 2013 10:20 am

Eli Katz wrote:Why would the music be removed? That's crazy and disappointing.

Same reason that always happens, issues with the music copyrights.

S.F. Jude Terror

OMCTO

Postby S.F. Jude Terror » Sun Mar 24, 2013 11:08 am

I love that channel!

S.F. Jude Terror

OMCTO

Postby S.F. Jude Terror » Sun Mar 24, 2013 11:10 am

Eli Katz wrote:Why would the music be removed? That's crazy and disappointing.

Because entertainment companies are greedy and cheap. They want to produce an inferior product, and when some pirated version is more attractive for dozens of reasons, they want to complain about how piracy is destroying their industry.

Sunless

crash test dummy

Postby Sunless » Mon Mar 25, 2013 4:29 am

Latest House of Lies.

leave a comment with facebook