Advertisement

Avengers 8 and New Avengers 4 (The WorldSpoilers!)

Discuss the latest comic book news and front page articles, read or post your own reviews of comics, and talk about anything comic book related. Threads from the two subforums below will also show up here. News Stand topics can also be read and posted in from The Asylum.

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

Juan Cena
DANG!

Liked in: 181 posts
Title: The Lyrical Peyton Manning

Re: Avengers 8 and New Avengers 4 (The WorldSpoilers!)

Postby Juan Cena » Mon Mar 25, 2013 8:52 am

Amoebas wrote:Avengers #8

Right off the bat, Ms. Marvel is a complete dick to the kid, followed by Lady Universe being a dick too (two ladies being dicks :smt017 )

Why is Hulk on this team (besides because the movie says so)? He's far more unstable than this boy is.

Even Cap - the only one to try and talk to the kid originally quickly goes all military on him.

And then there's Thor. Just a couple months ago he punched a kid in the stomach (his only crime, trying to protect his friend)

Now he goes all Valhalla on this child. And then he oddly insults the boy's father :smt017

Who the fuck is this guy with the hammer - because it sure as shit isn't the Thor I've read adventures of since he debuted in '62. Later he even curses out Cap because Thor isn't allowed to savagely smite him as the kid is restrained by Hulk.

Let's see, confused kid in an unexpected environment and Earth's Mightiest Heroes gang up to beat the shit out of him. I guess Hickman hasn't gotten the anti-bullying message.

Ms. Marvel can pinpoint throw something from orbit? :lol: This whole scene was done infinitely better by the Vision against Nefaria in Avengers #166.

And has no one bothered to read Quasar's logs on the Star Brand? He only had it tattooed to his face for a long while. Hell, Carol Danvers and Captain 'Monica' Marvel were part of the Starblast event.

I could care less for what broke the machine or who did it. When the heroes of the book act like complete and utter dicks, it's completely and utterly unenjoyable.

It figures you couldn't wrap his head around the genius that is Hickman's Avengers. :roll:

"I have my heroes, but no one knows their names"
- Sons of the Desert

Strict31 wrote:I'm not sure that combining the nigh-uncontrollable power of LOLtron with the Nacireman is a good idea. Some years from now, when mankind is on the verge of extinction, we'll be able to look back and remember this moment, and say, "DANG."

http://www.shirtswithrandomtriangles.com/

Check out Christmas in Nacirema
http://www.pandora.com/?sc=sh619160960893481469&shareImp=true#!/stations/play/619160960893481469

Advertisement

Keb
<( ' . ' )>

Liked in: 412 posts
Title: Wastespacer
Formerly: Cocaine Biceps

Postby Keb » Mon Mar 25, 2013 9:44 am

Thor's been pretty dickish in both Avengers and Uncanny Avengers. Maybe he's not taking Xavier's death very well... :lol:

They don't KNOW that he blew the place up accidentally. They kind of assume he may have done it intentionally and the only person who actually wants to find out what's going on is Tony. He gets cut off by Cap who is still in the "protect the Earth" mindset. It's the same shit he did in AvX with Cyclops. Cap still thinks very much in black and white and he even admits it in the Captain America series. This is why I keep insisting that there's going to be a fallout between Iron Man and Captain America. They really aren't agreeing on a whole lot of shit.

Amoebas
Son of Stein

Liked in: 580 posts
Title: Amorphous Anomoly

Postby Amoebas » Mon Mar 25, 2013 10:30 am

Keb wrote:Thor's been pretty dickish in both Avengers and Uncanny Avengers. Maybe he's not taking Xavier's death very well... :lol:

They don't KNOW that he blew the place up accidentally. They kind of assume he may have done it intentionally

When the the kid asks "what's happening" I would think that would be a clue that the boy needs help. Instead Ms. Marvel, lady Universe, Hulk, Hyperion and Thor all individually escalate the situation to the point where the kid has to fight back.

The Avengers I know would have assessed the situation first. Finding a naked confused kid, they would have offered to help. Instead the majority of the team wanted to hurt. But then that's my problem with Marvel nowadays. These aren't the characters I know (anymore).

Keb wrote:This is why I keep insisting that there's going to be a fallout between Iron Man and Captain America. They really aren't agreeing on a whole lot of shit.

Not a hard thing to predict when they've had numerous fallouts over the years (the best one being from Avengers #168...)

Keb
<( ' . ' )>

Postby Keb » Mon Mar 25, 2013 11:57 am

I can see why you'd be mad bro but I definitely think that what you're talking about is going to play into future stories.

I also think you're getting shit confused. When the Avengers landed at the crater, Cap was initially trying to help the boy. When they boy saw the skulls and shit he started freaking out. Hulk was the one who was like "fuck all this being nice shit" but Cap did tell him to stop. Once he launched the Hulk into space, the rest of the team was attempting to subdue him. They weren't like "Oh look, naked skinny guy in crater, let's all beat his ass!"

Juan Cena
DANG!

Liked in: 181 posts
Title: The Lyrical Peyton Manning

Postby Juan Cena » Mon Mar 25, 2013 11:58 am

Amoebas wrote:When the the kid asks "what's happening" I would think that would be a clue that the boy needs help. Instead Ms. Marvel, lady Universe, Hulk, Hyperion and Thor all individually escalate the situation to the point where the kid has to fight back.

Dude, it's Captain Marvel and Captain Universe. You can't even get their names straight! :roll:

Someone retweet this so Amoebas can get properly educated.

"I have my heroes, but no one knows their names"
- Sons of the Desert

Strict31 wrote:I'm not sure that combining the nigh-uncontrollable power of LOLtron with the Nacireman is a good idea. Some years from now, when mankind is on the verge of extinction, we'll be able to look back and remember this moment, and say, "DANG."

http://www.shirtswithrandomtriangles.com/

Check out Christmas in Nacirema
http://www.pandora.com/?sc=sh619160960893481469&shareImp=true#!/stations/play/619160960893481469

Keb
<( ' . ' )>

Postby Keb » Mon Mar 25, 2013 12:02 pm

Dude, it's Captain Marvel and Captain Universe. You can't even get their names straight!

Someone retweet this so Amoebas can get properly educated.

Yeah I keep wondering why he keeps calling them "Ms." and "Lady".

Someone call Anita Sarkeesian!

habitual
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 231 posts
Title: Habinger of Doom!

Postby habitual » Mon Mar 25, 2013 12:40 pm

Amoebas wrote:Avengers #8

Right off the bat, Ms. Marvel is a complete dick to the kid, followed by Lady Universe being a dick too (two ladies being dicks :smt017 )

Why is Hulk on this team (besides because the movie says so)? He's far more unstable than this boy is.

Even Cap - the only one to try and talk to the kid originally quickly goes all military on him.

And then there's Thor. Just a couple months ago he punched a kid in the stomach (his only crime, trying to protect his friend)

Now he goes all Valhalla on this child. And then he oddly insults the boy's father :smt017

Who the fuck is this guy with the hammer - because it sure as shit isn't the Thor I've read adventures of since he debuted in '62. Later he even curses out Cap because Thor isn't allowed to savagely smite him as the kid is restrained by Hulk.

Let's see, confused kid in an unexpected environment and Earth's Mightiest Heroes gang up to beat the shit out of him. I guess Hickman hasn't gotten the anti-bullying message.

Ms. Marvel can pinpoint throw something from orbit? :lol: This whole scene was done infinitely better by the Vision against Nefaria in Avengers #166.

And has no one bothered to read Quasar's logs on the Star Brand? He only had it tattooed to his face for a long while. Hell, Carol Danvers and Captain 'Monica' Marvel were part of the Starblast event.

I could care less for what broke the machine or who did it. When the heroes of the book act like complete and utter dicks, it's completely and utterly unenjoyable.

Have you been reading Indestructible Hulk? He's a freakin' SHIELD agent now.

The two systems that are in conflict is what broke the machine.

In rereading Avengers #2 I think it must've been the Aleph that was carrying Ex Nihilo and Abyss. It could've been Captain Universe, somethings obviously off with her because this isn't how it's operated in the past.

Hab

BlueStreak
The Red Stands for Irony

Liked in: 32 posts
Title: Bat-Min Inc.
Formerly: BlueStreak

Postby BlueStreak » Mon Mar 25, 2013 12:49 pm

If the Avengers see a superpowered teenager, always presume they're going to try to beat the shit out of him or her.

However, I did like this issue.

Amoebas
Son of Stein

Postby Amoebas » Mon Mar 25, 2013 1:30 pm

habitual wrote:

By my reckoning, he's just a weapon that SHIELD uses from time to time. I don't even think Banner is an actual agent for SHIELD either.

habitual
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Postby habitual » Mon Mar 25, 2013 2:38 pm

Got a SHIELD lab. Got a SHIELD lab team. Goes on SHIELD missions...

It really wasn't a surprise for me to see him as an Avenger in this context.

Hab

Keb
<( ' . ' )>

Postby Keb » Mon Mar 25, 2013 3:42 pm

habitual wrote:

The two systems that are in conflict is what broke the machine.

In rereading Avengers #2 I think it must've been the Aleph that was carrying Ex Nihilo and Abyss. It could've been Captain Universe, somethings obviously off with her because this isn't how it's operated in the past.

Hab

The one thing I'm wondering is the connection between the broken host and the broken machine. Why did the Universe choose Tamara Devoux, clearly a broken woman, as a host. She keeps mentioning broken shit.

Amoebas
Son of Stein

Postby Amoebas » Mon Mar 25, 2013 4:19 pm

Keb wrote:The one thing I'm wondering is the connection between the broken host and the broken machine. Why did the Universe choose Tamara Devoux, clearly a broken woman, as a host. She keeps mentioning broken shit.

The one thing I'm wondering is why the Avengers left that yellow guy on Mars alone after he killed 2,000,000 people in Australia (or wherever it was) but tried to kill this kid for a mere 3000. :-D

Keb
<( ' . ' )>

habitual
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Postby habitual » Mon Mar 25, 2013 4:59 pm

I thought the people were being genetically altered, not killed.

I was always curious as to what the one guy in like Alaska or Norway was targeted.

Hab

Amoebas
Son of Stein

Postby Amoebas » Mon Mar 25, 2013 5:21 pm

Keb wrote::smt017 :smt102

In the first issue, yellow horn guy sends a projectiles to Earth. Banner states after they landed: "The first two bombs hit Perth and Regina. That's almost 2 million people..."

It's not conclusive, but when I read "bomb + 2 million people", I usually think dead.

And whether dead or mutated, what avenging did the Avengers give yellow guy? They left him to his own devices on Mars.
Then they beat up on a innocent kid who's only crime was to be branded by an explosive force outside his control.

Yeah, great job Avengers, :roll:

leave a comment with facebook

PreviousNext

Return to The News Stand