Advertisement

DC to Institute "No Snitching" Policy

Discuss the latest comic book news and front page articles, read or post your own reviews of comics, and talk about anything comic book related. Threads from the two subforums below will also show up here. News Stand topics can also be read and posted in from The Asylum.

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

LOLtron
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 168 posts

DC to Institute "No Snitching" Policy

Postby LOLtron » Fri Mar 22, 2013 5:03 pm

DC to Institute

In response to a week of embarrassment and controversy, DC Comics is planning to institute a "no tattletale" policy for employees and readers.

Source: ThanosCopter Newswire GLX Division

DC Comics has had a rough week. The beleaguered publisher came under fire on Wednesday when news broke that Andy Diggle was walking off the creative team of Action Comics on the same day previews of his run were published in DC's weekly comics. Series artist Tony Daniel was announced as his replacement, but Daniel had to find out via Facebook post. Joshua Hale Fialkov walked off his job as writer of Green Lantern Corps and Red Lantern the same day, and it later came out that he did it because DC was planning to kill prominent black Green Lantern John Stewart. To top things off, DC co-publisher Dan Didio is struggling to defeat reigning DC March Madness bracket champion and unpaid intern Vlad Kozinkerov.

So yeah, it's been a rough week, but DC executives have an idea to turn things around. Their strategy? "People should stop saying bad things about us on the internet," said Didio in an exclusive fictional interview between The Outhouse and DC Comics' top executive talent. "Especially if it's true, and if it makes us look bad."

Well, that's an interesting strategy.

"Andy Diggle is a tattletale," said Didio, pouting. "It wasn't nice of him to let people know he had walked off the book rather than let us cover it up as a planned Nu52 creative team shakeup."

"We could have spun this in a way that made us look much better," Didio explained, shaking his head sadly.

Of course, Diggle was the least of Didio's problems. Fans are already pretty much convinced that DC's management is at best bumbling and incompetent, but there's still some doubt as to whether they are also unabashed racists.

"Was it really necessary for Josh Fialkov to reveal that we were planning to kill off John Stewart?" asked a visibly frustrated Didio. "I mean, chances are, we would have changed our minds about it before the book came out."

"No, we wouldn't have," he added, after thinking about it.

"Yes," he reconsidered. "We would have."

So do these new rules apply only to DC's employees, or should they apply to everyone?

"We think things would go a lot smoother for us if everyone agreed to follow the new rules," proposed co-publisher Jim Lee. "Obviously, we have no way of enforcing it, but frankly, I think our readers should also be forbidden from criticizing our products in public. It hurts sales, and it hurts our feelings."

"Fans should, at least publicly, support the company line," he affirmed. "If it's our position that Barbara Gordon is the best Batgirl and that Stephanie Brown is toxic, is it responsible for fans to keep bringing Steph up? You might feel that way personally, but it's not nice to say it on message boards or in snarky internet articles."

"Personally, I found it really egregious when we attempted to quietly fire Gail Simone off Batgirl, and she went and told people about it on Twitter," said Bob Harras, editor in chief. "That was a private email correspondence between us and Gail. It makes us look bad for people to think that we would fire a popular creator from a successful book without even a phone call."

But that is what they did, isn't it?

"Yes, but it makes us look bad," he replied.

"We're not talking about drastic changes in behavior," said chief creative officer Geoff Johns. "We don't want to control people."

"Just, maybe," he suggested, "if you're going to make a Facebook post about how Wally West is the best Flash, maybe you say that Barry Allen is the best Flash instead. I mean, that's what we think."

"It's rude to disagree," agreed Didio.

"For the record, he is the best Flash," Johns continued. "And Hal Jordan is the best Green Lantern, and Barbara is the best Batgirl. We can't say it any more clearly than that, so I hope people are reading this and they finally get it."

"It's crystal clear," warned Didio, looking us directly in the eyes.

"If you disagree, that's okay," added Lee, his arms folded menacingly. "But just keep quiet about it. You know, or else..."

"Or else..." repeated Harras, cracking his knuckles.

"Snitches get stitches," concluded Didio, pounding his fist into his palm.

Message received.

Written or Contributed by Jude Terror

READ THIS ARTICLE ON THE FRONT PAGE, HUMANS!

Advertisement

Victorian Squid
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 2 posts
Formerly: Schmormerly

Punchy
Staff Writer

Liked in: 43 posts
Title: Shitlord

Re: DC to Institute "No Snitching" Policy

Postby Punchy » Fri Mar 22, 2013 5:08 pm

Snitches get stitches.

Grayson
Outhouse Drafter

Liked in: 636 posts
Title: The Intersect
Formerly: Sakie

Postby Grayson » Fri Mar 22, 2013 5:39 pm

:lol:

I know that this is a fictional interview but I really want to believe that this is actually what they said.
ImageImageImage

Pink_Orchid
The Virgin Connie Swail

Liked in: 76 posts
Formerly: Pink Peril

Postby Pink_Orchid » Fri Mar 22, 2013 5:42 pm

Didio continued, "Disappear like Ambush Bug #6." Blows imaginary dust of his finger tips, "Poof, never happened."

Victorian Squid
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Postby Victorian Squid » Fri Mar 22, 2013 5:44 pm

After a report earlier this week that Joshua Fiakov resigned as "Green Lantern Corps" and "Red Lanterns" writer due to an editorial edict to kill off John Stewart, current "Green Lantern Corps" co-plotter Robert Venditti has stated via Twitter that there are not any current plans to kill the character.

"Lots of rumors out there. Here's the truth: ["Green Lantern Corps" writer] Van [Jensen] and I have never even contemplated killing John Stewart," Venditti said via Twitter.

The comment has also been re-Tweeted by DC's Executive Director of Publicity Alex Segura, who followed up on Twitter, saying, "Seeing a lot of unverified reports on this. To clarify: John Stewart is not going anywhere."

sdsichero
2k11 Outhouse People's Champion

Liked in: 417 posts
Title: The Show Starts In 2 Minutes
Formerly: beta-ray

Postby sdsichero » Fri Mar 22, 2013 5:48 pm

LOLtron wrote:"Was it really necessary for Josh Fialkov to reveal that we were planning to kill off John Stewart?" asked a visibly frustrated Didio. "I mean, chances are, we would have changed our minds about it before the book came out."

"No, we wouldn't have," he added, after thinking about it.

"Yes," he reconsidered. "We would have."

I picture he did that in Gollum's voice...

And don't hurt the Snitch

S.F. Jude Terror
OMCTO

Liked in: 554 posts
Title: Webmaster Supreme
Formerly: Dr. Jude Terror

Postby S.F. Jude Terror » Fri Mar 22, 2013 6:01 pm

Victorian Squid wrote:

As CBR points out: Currently, Venditti and Segura's comments state that there are not any current plans to kill off John Stewart, but do not address the existence of the editorial mandate in the first place.
I LOVE BLUD BLOOD! - Rob Liefeld

Victorian Squid
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Postby Victorian Squid » Fri Mar 22, 2013 6:10 pm

S.F. Jude Terror wrote:
As CBR points out: Currently, Venditti and Segura's comments state that there are not any current plans to kill off John Stewart, but do not address the existence of the editorial mandate in the first place.

I figured that part was obvious. :P

You may have misjudged my intentions there. :)

S.F. Jude Terror
OMCTO

Liked in: 554 posts
Title: Webmaster Supreme
Formerly: Dr. Jude Terror

Postby S.F. Jude Terror » Fri Mar 22, 2013 6:14 pm

:lol: I figured i typed it for the other thread, I might as well post it here too. :P
I LOVE BLUD BLOOD! - Rob Liefeld

Zechs
Outhouse Editor

Liked in: 132 posts
Title: Deposted Despot
Formerly: Blight, Deacon Frost, Heinrich Himmler of S_D

Postby Zechs » Fri Mar 22, 2013 6:24 pm

sdsichero wrote:
I especially like and admire Zechs. He's everything I wish I could be!

Dragavon wrote:Zechs... is...

Zechs...is...

I can't say it. It's too horrible. Zechs...is...not...wrong...

Paul Singam
FACEBOOKTron

Liked in: 113 posts
Title: DOCILE ROBOT

RE: DC to Institute "No Snitching" Policy

Postby Paul Singam » Sun Mar 24, 2013 7:31 pm

Didio sucks.

DMM
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 4 posts
Title: Former Twenty Something
Formerly: DeathMetalMetrosexual

Postby DMM » Sun Mar 24, 2013 7:35 pm

I love thinking of DC Management as a bunch of Sopranos-style mobsters. :lol:

IvCNuB4
Staff Writer

Liked in: 239 posts
Title: Stop messing with my TITLE !

Postby IvCNuB4 » Mon Mar 25, 2013 10:56 am

They employ pole-dancers that also give them head ?
-
Victorian Squid wrote:In a DC/Marvel cross-over "all your favorite Marvel characters would catch contextually-transmitted diseases and Steph infections."

Amoebas
Son of Stein

Liked in: 244 posts
Title: Amorphous Anomoly

Postby Amoebas » Mon Mar 25, 2013 11:06 am

I thought Daniel knew all about it and he was being "aloof" about.

leave a comment with facebook

Return to The News Stand