Advertisement

The Official Outhouse All Wrestling Thread!

This is the main board on The Outhouse, where Outhousers talk about everything. No topics are off limits, and it doesn't have to be about comics. All the topics from the other boards also show up in The Asylum, so you never have to leave1

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

misac
Outhouse Editor

Liked in: 103 posts

Re: The Official Outhouse All Wrestling Thread!

Postby misac » Wed Mar 20, 2013 5:07 pm

The Shadow wrote:Chris Masters... a hero!

Former WWE superstar Chris "The Masterpiece" Masters saved his mother from burning to death by uprooting a tree with his bare hands and using it as a battering ram to enter her house.

Masters -- real name Chris Mordetzky -- tells us, he rushed to his mother's L.A. home yesterday after his uncle called and said a neighbor had gone crazy and barricaded himself inside her house.

When Chris showed up, the neighbor was shouting through the front door that he would burn the place down if anyone tried to gain entry.

Chris says he tried talking sense into the guy, but he wasn't having it -- so Chris called the cops ... but when they showed up, the neighbor set the house on fire.

Chris jumped into hero mode -- tearing a tree out of the ground and tossing it through a window.

Chris reached through the window and removed his mom from the inferno ... at which point police rushed in and arrested the neighbor on arson charges.

The man is currently still in custody. It's unclear why he snapped.

One thing's for sure ... Chris does a mother proud.

-------------------

"tearing a tree out of the ground"... won't be in WWE until he's off the roids.

On the plus side, well done!

Holy crap! :shock:

Story would be better if he put the maniac in the Master Lock. :P

Advertisement

syxxpakk
Wrasslin' Fan

Liked in: 111 posts
Title: The Wrasslin' Fan

Postby syxxpakk » Wed Mar 20, 2013 6:09 pm

Huge talent loss for WWE. I wish he'd show up in ROH.

When you're as good as Chael, you can only call out people worse than you.

@syxxpakk on the Twitter.

rdrsfn82
Wrasslin' Fan

Liked in: 6 posts

Postby rdrsfn82 » Thu Mar 21, 2013 3:13 am

Well, that's insane.

Bianco
cheese

Liked in: 88 posts

Postby Bianco » Thu Mar 21, 2013 7:33 am

good for him, here is a link to the house and initial article
http://www.wrestlescoop.com/2013/03/20/ ... ttack-miz/

Bianco
cheese

Liked in: 88 posts

Postby Bianco » Thu Mar 21, 2013 7:44 am

btw I can see WWE using this to bring him back "The Hero" Chris Masters, maybe bring Helms back as Hurricane. Instant merchandising gold for the little PG masses

syxxpakk
Wrasslin' Fan

Postby syxxpakk » Thu Mar 21, 2013 8:37 pm

AJ Styles as Sting circa 1997 might be the most shameless example of ripping off history since Triple H cosplayed as Harley Race in 2003.

fieldy snuts
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 210 posts
Title: Burrr
Formerly: Sweet James Jones

Postby fieldy snuts » Thu Mar 21, 2013 8:54 pm

syxxpakk wrote:AJ Styles as Sting circa 1997 might be the most shameless example of ripping off history since Triple H cosplayed as Harley Race in 2003.

what? he's playing a bitter disillusioned person not the mute sting crow.

now if he puts on the facepaint then you'd have a point.

syxxpakk
Wrasslin' Fan

Postby syxxpakk » Thu Mar 21, 2013 9:00 pm

That's what Sting was. Bitter and disillusioned because everyone thought he was a traitor.

syxxpakk
Wrasslin' Fan

Postby syxxpakk » Thu Mar 21, 2013 9:06 pm

Really enjoyed Impact tonight.

When you're as good as Chael, you can only call out people worse than you.

@syxxpakk on the Twitter.

Grayson
Outhouse Drafter

Liked in: 980 posts
Title: The Intersect
Formerly: Sakie

Postby Grayson » Thu Mar 21, 2013 9:12 pm

syxxpakk wrote:AJ Styles as Sting circa 1997 might be the most shameless example of ripping off history since Triple H cosplayed as Harley Race in 2003.

Awwwww man. When I first read this post, I honestly thought that AJ Styles was on Impact dressed up as the classic Stinger! :-(

ImageImageImage

fieldy snuts
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Postby fieldy snuts » Fri Mar 22, 2013 1:22 am

i loved those bully ray skits about 'the hoax'. despite the storyline being dragged on for so long it basically showed 9 months of continuity aka a sense of continuity over almost 40 shows which resulted in the desired payoff.

the only weak part was their acceptance of garrett into the club. he's a liability to the company and nothing more.

fieldy snuts
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Postby fieldy snuts » Fri Mar 22, 2013 1:25 am

Eric Bischoff appeared on Inside the Ropes Thursday night and discussed Bret Hart’s criticism of him and more. Check out the highlights:

On Bret’s WCW run:
“I had spoken to and met Bret several times before he made the jump. I was obviously excited to have him but clearly Bret Hart was a very broken….and in my opinion still is, from the interviews I hear him do, a very sad, broken and bitter person. That was pretty evident when he first came over. He was a shadow or a shell of his former self. Wherever Bret was, the high point of his character, what I got was a kind of broken, sad shell of that and quite honestly I don’t think he’s ever come out of it.”

On Bret’s saying Bischoff “knows nothing about wrestling: “It’s not unusual for guys like Bret Hart, from that era….the only way they know how to get over is to get over at the expense of someone else. Bret Hart’s trying very hard to stay relevant. Unfortunately, he’s no longer relevant. He was a big star, he had a big name at one point, he was an important character in the history of the business but he’s not any longer and I’m sure that’s hard on him. I know myself how it feels to realize that your biggest and best days as a performer are behind you. I’m very comfortable with that, I’ve embraced it but it’s hard for a lot of guys who’ve never been anything other than performers. They have a hard time with that. It’s not easy getting older in the wrestling business, believe me, when you’re surrounded by younger and younger people who in many ways aren’t as over or as skilled or as popular as you may have been or still are now. But this business is a business that’s served by youth and change. And for someone like Bret, that manifests itself in his personality, lashing out at others. It’s funny, when he came to me he hated Vince McMahon, he hated everyone in the WWE from the office to half the roster. He didn’t have a good thing to say about any of the McMahons. Then when he got the opportunity to go back and work for them, he had to shift that. Then his hatred was for someone else like Bill Goldberg for giving him a concussion and now it’s for me and for Hulk, there’s no rhyme or reason for it and as far as his opinion of my value and what I’ve achieved in the wrestling business, I’ll let my body of work and success speak for itself.”

Sunless
crash test dummy

Liked in: 0 post
Formerly: THE Sunless

Postby Sunless » Fri Mar 22, 2013 1:49 am

Eric Young in the letters section of DD 24!

troysshr
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 415 posts
Title: I'm a Paul Heyman Guy.
Formerly: T-Rex

Postby troysshr » Fri Mar 22, 2013 9:48 am

El Generico is now going by the name Sammy Sane in NXT.
ImageImageImage

Punchy
Staff Writer

Liked in: 76 posts
Title: Shitlord

Postby Punchy » Fri Mar 22, 2013 4:16 pm

A really interesting episode of Impact this week, and it wasn’t even really because of the wrestling. No, it was because of the storytelling, the backstage vignettes of Bully Ray explaining the whole Aces & Eights plot. Now, it’s hard to tell how much of this was always intentional and how much of it is retroactive, but it’s still great to see TNA commit to making a long running story make sense and to make it at least look planned out. This is 9 months of what at the time seemed like nonsense and silly booking, transformed into a master-plan, and it’s really cool. This is the kind of thing I wanted WWE to do with Paul Heyman and reveal a mass conspiracy including CM Punk, The Shield, Brad Maddox and Brock Lesnar, but they chickened out of it and haven’t really had the storylines connect like they should.
TNA went through with it, and really, probably only could because they are a smaller company. But nonetheless, this storyline now works, and I’m looking forward to seeing how it ends.

As for the rest of the show:

The TNA tag-team division is basically only 3 teams, but luckily, they are good teams (and yes, I include Chavo and Hernandez, yes, Chavo is kind of lame, but Hernandez is really impressing me in the ring lately). The Dirty Heels beat Chavandez in a good match after interference from Bad Influence, who then beat the Champs. This 3-way feud is good, but once it’s over, they really need to bring in some new teams, even if it’s only 2 of Aces & Eights or something, I’d like to see a tag-team of DOC and Mike Knox knock-off Roode and Aries and get them back into singles action (still as friends) and back to trying to win all the belts.

The X-Division title match was good fun, I’m a sucker for high-flying cruiserweight stuff, and Kenny King is a great prickish heel. I also like the new rules, where every match is a 3-way and whoever loses is out of the division, that should help to keep things competitive and fresh and stop the matches just being Kenny King, RVD, Xema Ion and Christian York like they have been recently.

The Knockouts storyline came to a head in the way I think we all expected, with Taryn Terrell switching from being a referee into being a wrestler. This is good stuff, and another good example of TNA doing long-form storytelling, and one that was surprisingly subtle. It blows my mind how many supposedly smart fans have been complaining about Terrell being a shit ref, that was the point of the story! But yeah, I’m looking forward to seeing Gail Kim getting the shit kicked out of her in a real match.

The Matt Morgan/Joseph Park match was kind of boring, Morgan is a beast, but he seems kind of directionless. But he did a good job of building even more sympathy for Park, who is just a great good guy.

The AJ Styles stuff is a bit strange, they seem to be retreading the silent, Crow Sting character from the original WCW NWO days, which is odd, since Hogan mocked Sting about that in this very show. We’ll see how it goes, but for now… AJ needs to speak and not hide in any rafters. And wow, James Storms says some weird crap doesn’t he?

The main event was a weird one, as it was 4 faces going at it, who are we supposed to cheer for? I personally wanted Magnus to win because a) he’s the only one who hasn’t been champion before and b) he’s from the UK, but Jeff Hardy winning is fine too. This was a good match with some good moments, but it did feel odd.

So yeah, this was a good show, and a great example of strong long-term storytelling in wrestling. Just imagine what WWE could do if they didn’t have Vince McMahon second-guessing the writers and changing things at the last minute.

leave a comment with facebook

PreviousNext

Return to The Asylum