Saturday, December 3, 2016 • Evening Edition • "We put the lotion in the basket."

The Outhouse - The Greatest Comic Book Forum

Comics news, comic book reviews, feature articles about comics, interviews with comic creators, plus the greatest comic book and pop culture discussion in the Outhouse forums!

Advertisement

Has Captain America: The Winter Soldier Jumped Off Track?

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Well, they're not accepting new members, but we'll take anyone here, so why not sign up for a free acount? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

User avatar

LOLtron

Rain Partier

Postby LOLtron » Mon Mar 25, 2013 3:38 pm

Has Captain America: The Winter Soldier Jumped Off Track?

If the hard partying El Mayimbe is to be believed, then yes.



Source: LatinoReview

El Mayimbe, the hard partying scoopster at Latino Review, is reporting that MMA fighter Georges St-Pierre will be playing Batroc the Leaper in Captain America: The Winter Soldier.  If his scoop is to be believed, this means that we'll officially be watching a movie featuring a Frenchman hopping around like a kangaroo.

Let's run down the facts:

1)  Batroc the Leaper is the lamest supervillain in Marvel's catalog.  He's a French jumper with no superpowers besides his outlandish moustache and his "well-developed leg muscles."

2)  Georges St-Pierre is a scary dude.  Who speaks French. 

3)  Barring a radical reinvention, this might beat out Rocket Racoon as the weirdest comic book character to ever be put into a movie. Batroc is really that lame.  He's called Batroc the fucking Leaper for cryin' out loud.

4)  There will be at least one person in the comments, probably over the age of 35, who will think that Batroc isn't that lame. 

So why are we believing El Mayimbe on this?  Because no one in their right minds would make up a rumor involving Batroc. 

If this isn't a sign the Apocalypse is coming, I don't know what is.  So, look out, Cap!  There's a Frenchman jumping at you with well-developed leg muscles.  Ooo la la! 

 

 



Written or Contributed by ThanosCopter


READ THIS ARTICLE ON THE FRONT PAGE, HUMANS!
User avatar

Draco x

Fagorstorm

Postby Draco x » Mon Mar 25, 2013 3:42 pm

I don't see the point of Batroc in the film if they already have Crossbones-who is way cooler than Batroc will ever be.
User avatar

Juan Cena

DANG!

Postby Juan Cena » Mon Mar 25, 2013 3:45 pm

1) Batroc the Leaper is the lamest supervillain in Marvel's catalog. He's a French jumper with no superpowers besides his outlandish moustache and his "well-developed leg muscles."


Stilt-Man and Frog Man, challenge your argument.
User avatar

Draco x

Fagorstorm

Postby Draco x » Mon Mar 25, 2013 3:47 pm

Juan Cena wrote:
Stilt-Man and Frog Man, challenge your argument.


You forgot the Hypno Hustler, the Walrus and the Slug as well.
User avatar

Juan Cena

DANG!

Postby Juan Cena » Mon Mar 25, 2013 3:52 pm

draco x wrote:
You forgot the Hypno Hustler, the Walrus and the Slug as well.


Heck, most of Dearedvil's 60's rogue's gallery sucks worse than Batroc.
User avatar

Lord Simian

The Lord of the Monkeys

Postby Lord Simian » Mon Mar 25, 2013 3:54 pm

I know the article was referring to Chappy, and I'm not over 35, but I'm gonna pre-emptively get his back: screw you. Batroc is awesome.
User avatar

Draco x

Fagorstorm

Postby Draco x » Mon Mar 25, 2013 3:56 pm

Juan Cena wrote:
Heck, most of Dearedvil's 60's rogue's gallery sucks worse than Batroc.


This is true.
User avatar

Apache Chef

Expert Post Whore

Postby Apache Chef » Mon Mar 25, 2013 4:35 pm

Batroc was never meant to be cool. He's pretty much a joke character.

(But don't underestimate him. He's a savate master.)

MikeinLA

Post Whore

Postby MikeinLA » Mon Mar 25, 2013 4:46 pm

If Batroc does show up in the Marvel Filmverse, he isn't going to be much like the character in the comics*, especially if some non-actor is playing him. He'll be some kick-boxing bad ass sicced on Cap by the movie's main villain.


*Which stinks, because Batroc is awesome.
User avatar

xaraan

Staff Writer

Postby xaraan » Mon Mar 25, 2013 4:49 pm

Best comment about this on my twitter (you'll have to know MMA to get the joke I guess):

"GSP to play badguy in Captain America: Winter Soldier Me: a 25 min scene of GSP sitting on Captain America?"
User avatar

habitual

Silly French Man

Postby habitual » Mon Mar 25, 2013 4:57 pm

draco x wrote:I don't see the point of Batroc in the film if they already have Crossbones-who is way cooler than Batroc will ever be.


SHUT YOUR WHORE MOUTH! :smt013

Batroc is one of the coolest Cap villians of all time.

Hab
User avatar

Keb

<( ' . ' )>

Postby Keb » Mon Mar 25, 2013 5:29 pm

He only got the role because I had to turn it down.

They really liked my legs. :groucho:

Royal Nonesuch

Staff Writer

Postby Royal Nonesuch » Mon Mar 25, 2013 5:37 pm

It's actually spelled "Batroc ze Lepair!"
User avatar

misac

Outhouse Editor

Postby misac » Mon Mar 25, 2013 5:45 pm

Lord Simian wrote:I know the article was referring to Chappy, and I'm not over 35, but I'm gonna pre-emptively get his back: screw you. Batroc is awesome.


Yay for Batroc! But I'm not sure about that guy playing him. :|
User avatar

Juan Cena

DANG!

Postby Juan Cena » Mon Mar 25, 2013 6:13 pm

Keb wrote:He only got the role because I had to turn it down.

They really liked my legs. :groucho:


You'd be a better fit for The Swordsman anyways.

leave a comment with facebook


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: crazywords, Earth-2 NoctourneM, FaceBook [Linkcheck], Google [Bot], Pizza Dog and 61 guests

cron