Monday, September 26, 2016 • Afternoon Edition • "The comic book industry's inflamed butthole."

The Outhouse - The Greatest Comic Book Forum

Comics news, comic book reviews, feature articles about comics, interviews with comic creators, plus the greatest comic book and pop culture discussion in the Outhouse forums!

Advertisement

Fantastic Four #5AU out WTF's DC's WTF Month Before It Begins.

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Well, they're not accepting new members, but we'll take anyone here, so why not sign up for a free acount? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

Punchy

Staff Writer

Postby Punchy » Wed Mar 27, 2013 12:09 pm

I like Reed Richards' and Tony Stark's staunch atheism in the face of actual Gods.

Herald

Regular-Sized Poster

Postby Herald » Wed Mar 27, 2013 12:15 pm

Punchy wrote:I like Reed Richards' and Tony Stark's staunch atheism in the face of actual Gods.

Really, anyone who has ever met Thor -- and ESPECIALLY if they've gone to Asgard -- has no excuse...

chap22

Rain Partier

Postby chap22 » Wed Mar 27, 2013 12:31 pm

BlueMole wrote:
:oops:

That was supposed to be sarcasm.

clearly you need to start incorporating more smilies or less subtlety into your posts. ask Jude for tips.

Juan Cena

DANG!

Postby Juan Cena » Wed Mar 27, 2013 12:34 pm

Herald wrote:
Sure, Why Not? :smt102

:P

Juan Cena

DANG!

Postby Juan Cena » Wed Mar 27, 2013 12:43 pm

Punchy wrote:I like Reed Richards' and Tony Stark's staunch atheism in the face of actual Gods.

I'm sure Richards and Stark rationalize them as being powerful beings, but not as being "gods" in the capital "G" sense of the word.

Punchy

Staff Writer

Postby Punchy » Wed Mar 27, 2013 12:45 pm

Juan Cena wrote:

I'm sure Richards and Stark rationalize them as being powerful beings, but not as being "gods" in the capital "G" sense of the word.

Yep, which is cool, I think comics exploring the ramifications of Gods (and not Christian Gods) being real in a realistic way is too problematic and would change the Marvel Universe too much from our own.

Because really, at this point in the Marvel Universe, there should be no Christianity or Islam or Judaism, everyone should worship either the Norse or Ancient Greek Gods.

Herald

Regular-Sized Poster

Postby Herald » Wed Mar 27, 2013 12:49 pm

Punchy wrote:
Yep, which is cool, I think comics exploring the ramifications of Gods (and not Christian Gods) being real in a realistic way is too problematic and would change the Marvel Universe too much from our own.

You mean like Dan Jurgens attempted during his Thor run?

Punchy

Staff Writer

Postby Punchy » Wed Mar 27, 2013 12:51 pm

Herald wrote:
You mean like Dan Jurgens attempted during his Thor run?

Yeah, but that was retconned away.

Herald

Regular-Sized Poster

Postby Herald » Wed Mar 27, 2013 12:54 pm

Punchy wrote:
Yeah, but that was retconned away.

:smt012

Tintin Quarantino

Rain Partier

Postby Tintin Quarantino » Wed Mar 27, 2013 1:16 pm

I agree with hab--FF was my last tie to Marvel comics, and Fraction cured me of that.

habitual

Silly French Man

Postby habitual » Wed Mar 27, 2013 1:35 pm

You should be reading Hawkeye.

Hab

Punchy

Staff Writer

Postby Punchy » Wed Mar 27, 2013 1:45 pm

Victorian Squid wrote:I agree with hab--FF was my last tie to Marvel comics, and Fraction cured me of that.

Why not just switch to Hickman's Avengers titles?

I get people griping about Fantastic Four, it's been OK at best, but FF with Allred has been amazing, how can you hate that?

Tintin Quarantino

Rain Partier

Postby Tintin Quarantino » Wed Mar 27, 2013 1:49 pm

Punchy wrote:
Why not just switch to Hickman's Avengers titles?

I get people griping about Fantastic Four, it's been OK at best, but FF with Allred has been amazing, how can you hate that?

I was just abbreviating Fantastic Four for speed, but FF the book itself looks okay but reads like poop.

Tintin Quarantino

Rain Partier

Postby Tintin Quarantino » Wed Mar 27, 2013 1:52 pm

habitual wrote:You should be reading Hawkeye.

Hab

I don't believe in Hawkeye. I am a Hawkeye atheist.

Punchy

Staff Writer

Postby Punchy » Wed Mar 27, 2013 1:55 pm

It's Hawkguy, people come on!

leave a comment with facebook