Advertisement

Has Captain America: The Winter Soldier Jumped Off Track?

This is the main board on The Outhouse, where Outhousers talk about everything. No topics are off limits, and it doesn't have to be about comics. All the topics from the other boards also show up in The Asylum, so you never have to leave1

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

Juan Cena
DANG!

Liked in: 214 posts
Title: The Lyrical Peyton Manning

Re: Has Captain America: The Winter Soldier Jumped Off Track

Postby Juan Cena » Wed Mar 27, 2013 1:17 pm

I'm sure the greatness of GSP will outshine any deficits Batroc might bring to the film.

"I have my heroes, but no one knows their names"
- Sons of the Desert

Strict31 wrote:I'm not sure that combining the nigh-uncontrollable power of LOLtron with the Nacireman is a good idea. Some years from now, when mankind is on the verge of extinction, we'll be able to look back and remember this moment, and say, "DANG."

http://www.shirtswithrandomtriangles.com/

Check out Christmas in Nacirema
http://www.pandora.com/?sc=sh619160960893481469&shareImp=true#!/stations/play/619160960893481469

Advertisement

Draco x
Zombie Guard

Liked in: 466 posts

Postby Draco x » Wed Mar 27, 2013 2:55 pm

chap22 wrote:as best i can tell, unless my math is wrong, the number of posters in this thread speaking up for Batroc outnumbers those shit-talking him by about 7-3 or maybe 7-4 (several posts aren't really taking a stand one way or the other). so maybe you should be asking yourself how it feels being one of the minority calling him a joke/mook when you're clearly outnumbered?

Viva zee Leapair!

/lawyer'd

Should I be surprised at this defense of your beloved character? Clearly not. Can't say that I myself hate Batroc but there are other characters I would rather see in the next CA movie like Zemo, Strucker, Viper or Flag Smasher. If Batroc does appear in this movie he would just be a goon character for the main villain or villains.

Draco x
Zombie Guard

Postby Draco x » Wed Mar 27, 2013 2:59 pm

Lord Simian wrote:
Your point is invalidated by your appreciation of Onslaught, and the evident lack of taste. ;)

Oh god, you did not just use that as a counter argument. After uttering this, you need to drown your head underwater for several minutes for making the dumbest character comparison ever.

Draco x
Zombie Guard

Postby Draco x » Wed Mar 27, 2013 3:00 pm

Grayson wrote:
I'll take an appearance by Batroc ze Leapair over Onslaught any day of the week.

I'd take an appearance by Squirrel Girl in the CA film over Batroc better yet.

Draco x
Zombie Guard

Postby Draco x » Wed Mar 27, 2013 3:01 pm

guitarsmashley wrote:

they both belong in limbo to never be seen again.

If they can both be written properly I politel disagree with this statement.

Draco x
Zombie Guard

Postby Draco x » Wed Mar 27, 2013 3:04 pm

e_galston wrote:
at least with Batroc there is the possibility for laughs, Onslaught just tends to ruin anything he's in

Batroc as you said is meant to be a goon and a hired thug and nothing else. Onslaught was created for a specific story arc and was never meant to be a recurring character-which is fine by me as he would just get watered down like those last 2 minis he appeared in.

Draco x
Zombie Guard

Postby Draco x » Wed Mar 27, 2013 3:05 pm

Juan Cena wrote:I'm sure the greatness of GSP will outshine any deficits Batroc might bring to the film.

I really wish they had put Zemo in the film as he's the next best Cap villain after Skull himself.

Keb
<( ' . ' )>

Liked in: 440 posts
Title: Wastespacer
Formerly: Cocaine Biceps

Postby Keb » Wed Mar 27, 2013 3:11 pm

Zemo sounds like a vacuum cleaner brand.

Grayson
Outhouse Drafter

Liked in: 1480 posts
Title: The Intersect
Formerly: Sakie

Postby Grayson » Wed Mar 27, 2013 3:17 pm

draco x wrote:I'd take an appearance by Squirrel Girl in the CA film over Batroc better yet.

That's just plain ridiculous. If Squirrel Girl were in a Captain America movie, hell any superhero movie, then the movie would be over as soon as they introduce the villain.

Look, we all know that Batroc will not be the main villain of this film. They will probably explain that after the Red Skull was defeated by Captain America, Baron Heinrich Zemo took over Hydra. After World War II, the Allied Forces believed that they had shut Hydra down for good but they worked in secret for years, using the Winter Soldier to assassinate key political figures. In the present, Heinrich's son (or grandson) Helmut Zemo has assumed control of Hydra and Batroc will either be a member or he will be a mercenary hired by Helmut to maintain the organization's secrecy.

In any event, Captain America: The Winter Solider is definitely the Phase Two movie that I am most excited about.
ImageImageImage

Draco x
Zombie Guard

Postby Draco x » Wed Mar 27, 2013 3:21 pm

Grayson wrote:
That's just plain ridiculous. If Squirrel Girl were in a Captain America movie, hell any superhero movie, then the movie would be over as soon as they introduce the villain.

Look, we all know that Batroc will not be the main villain of this film. They will probably explain that after the Red Skull was defeated by Captain America, Baron Heinrich Zemo took over Hydra. After World War II, the Allied Forces believed that they had shut Hydra down for good but they worked in secret for years, using the Winter Soldier to assassinate key political figures. In the present, Heinrich's son (or grandson) Helmut Zemo has assumed control of Hydra and Batroc will either be a member or he will be a mercenary hired by Helmut to maintain the organization's secrecy.

In any event, Captain America: The Winter Solider is definitely the Phase Two movie that I am most excited about.

LOL. You do know I was being sarcastic right? But apart form that, this movie idea you described is what would make the movie watchable. I really do hope that Zemo is in it as he's the other best Cap villain after Skull. Although I would like to see Sinn and Crossbones show up too.

Draco x
Zombie Guard

Postby Draco x » Wed Mar 27, 2013 3:22 pm

Keb wrote:Zemo sounds like a vacuum cleaner brand.

Much better than Batroc's moniker though. Besides Zemo is the closest thing Marvel has to Cobra Commander-even though CC came after Zemo in all fairness.

Grayson
Outhouse Drafter

Liked in: 1480 posts
Title: The Intersect
Formerly: Sakie

Postby Grayson » Wed Mar 27, 2013 3:25 pm

draco x wrote:LOL. You do know I was being sarcastic right?

Yeah, the Squirrel Girl part was really the only part of my response that was directly responding to your comment. The rest of that post was being directed at whoever else is upset that Batroc will be in the movie.

But apart form that, this movie idea you described is what would make the movie watchable.

And the fact that it's a Captain Freaking America movie! :smt026
ImageImageImage

Draco x
Zombie Guard

Postby Draco x » Wed Mar 27, 2013 3:30 pm

Grayson wrote:
Yeah, the Squirrel Girl part was really the only part of my response that was directly responding to your comment. The rest of that post was being directed at whoever else is upset that Batroc will be in the movie.

And the fact that it's a Captain Freaking America movie! :smt026

Absolutely. If Disney and co play this right we can get a lot of good Cap movies down the road.

mrorangesoda
FROGMAN

Liked in: 0 post
Title: Be the leaf

Postby mrorangesoda » Wed Mar 27, 2013 3:58 pm

habitual wrote:
SHUT YOUR WHORE MOUTH! :smt013

Batroc is one of the coolest Cap villians of all time.

Hab

This. You people fail hard. Ze Lepair is Ze Best.

jeremy
Staff Writer

Liked in: 8 posts
Title: www.jeremyshane.info
Formerly: xaraan

Postby jeremy » Wed Mar 27, 2013 5:02 pm

Keb wrote:Surprised no one is talking about the half hour Thanoscopter spent oogling pictures of GSP before posting that news.

Actually as one of the few MMA fans here, I edited his article and put that image in. I know "Georgie Sweetie-Pie" as Alima calls him, well enough it didn't take a half an hour.

leave a comment with facebook

PreviousNext

Return to The Asylum