Advertisement

Age of Ultron #3 Bendis is back to his old tricks(spoilers)

Discuss the latest comic book news and front page articles, read or post your own reviews of comics, and talk about anything comic book related. Threads from the two subforums below will also show up here. News Stand topics can also be read and posted in from The Asylum.

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

guitarsmashley
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 274 posts
Title: Self Important

Age of Ultron #3 Bendis is back to his old tricks(spoilers)

Postby guitarsmashley » Wed Mar 27, 2013 7:35 pm

Spoiled.
doombug wrote:You really are the george carlin of the outhouse. that's fucking hilarious.

doombug wrote:and yeah, Yoni called it. :drunk

I feel like a condemned building with a brand new flag pole.
- Les Paul

Advertisement

guitarsmashley
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Re: Age of Ultron #3 Bendis is back to his old tricks(spoile

Postby guitarsmashley » Wed Mar 27, 2013 7:38 pm

It's amazing how going back to the well Bendis is here. Vison! Vison! Fucking Vision so I'm guessing somewhere in this story this will all be Wanda's fault again. Its really starting to show how little marvel thinks of this event.
doombug wrote:You really are the george carlin of the outhouse. that's fucking hilarious.

- Les Paul

Amoebas
Son of Stein

Liked in: 293 posts
Title: Amorphous Anomoly

Postby Amoebas » Wed Mar 27, 2013 8:25 pm

But it's not Wanda's fault. It's all Pym's fault according to Hawkeye now. :roll:

Hey Bendis - stop writing Clint Barton. From, "Not like this" to wanting to kill Osborn, to this crap - You have not nor ever will understand just who Hawkeye is.

HNutz
PЦИKЧ ВЯЁ&#106

Liked in: 456 posts

Postby HNutz » Wed Mar 27, 2013 8:27 pm

Wonder if he gets even with Wanda for ripping him apart in Disassembled?

Also, I near Taskmaster's in this issue. Didn't like how he looked in the little I saw... :(

Grayson
Outhouse Drafter

Liked in: 760 posts
Title: The Intersect
Formerly: Sakie

Postby Grayson » Wed Mar 27, 2013 8:30 pm

Amoebas wrote:Hey Bendis - stop writing Clint Barton. From, "Not like this" to wanting to kill Osborn, to this crap - You have not nor ever will understand just who Hawkeye is.

This.

From now on if Bendis turns in a script that even so much as mentions Hawkeye in a passing reference, the script should immediately be rolled up and used to smack Bendis on the nose, before being thrown in the trash.
ImageImageImage

fieldy snuts
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 189 posts
Title: Burrr
Formerly: Sweet James Jones

Postby fieldy snuts » Wed Mar 27, 2013 9:07 pm

Surprised people are more in a fuss over this than Black Panther's death.

Then again that further reinforces in my mind that this is going to be wiped clean ASAP.

S.F. Jude Terror
OMCTO

Liked in: 623 posts
Title: Webmaster Supreme
Formerly: Dr. Jude Terror

Postby S.F. Jude Terror » Wed Mar 27, 2013 9:10 pm

Grayson wrote:
This.

From now on if Bendis turns in a script that even so much as mentions Hawkeye in a passing reference, the script should immediately be rolled up and used to smack Bendis on the nose, before being thrown in the trash.

:lol:
I LOVE BLUD BLOOD! - Rob Liefeld

ElijahSnowFan
cheese

Liked in: 62 posts
Title: I'm like Atrocitus at times

Postby ElijahSnowFan » Wed Mar 27, 2013 9:16 pm

I read this early this a.m., didn't want to spoil it that early before others had a chance to read it.

A few things:

1. Is there a character that Bendis hates more than the Vision? Everybody knows he loves Luke Cage -- and it shows again in this issue -- but Good Lord, it's underrated how much he obviously has absolutely no use for the Vision.

2. That bothers me a lot because FFS, Ultron is Ultron. Was this kind of swerve even necessary? Seriously? I rolled over, didn't bitch and moan about not seeing the world get effed up because Bendis wants to try something different, but now the evil robot is either the once-good synthezoid or the synthezoid has been taken over by the evil robot? FFS! WHY NOT JUST GIVE US ONE LAST EFFING EVIL ROBOT STORY SO WE CAN BE DONE WITH THIS EFFING ONE-NOTE CHARACTER?!?!

3. Clearly, Hank Pym's life is going to be reset all to hell, which is going to do some kind of soft reset to the Marvel Universe. I wouldn't mind that if somebody who gave a shit about Hank Pym was writing it, but I was pretty damn sure the only character who Bendis hates more than Hawkeye and Vision was HANK PYM.

FUCK FUCK FUCK. :smt011 :smt011 :smt011

*Sniff, sniff* "Damn it, Diana...If I'd known they would trade us in for a JT Krul-written Captain Atom and "The Savage Hawkman," I'd have let Superboy-Prime destroy all reality."

"Superman flies and is really strong...what the fuck else do you need to know?!" -- Hitler, expressing his displeasure about DC rebooting and complaints about continuity

sdsichero
2k11 Outhouse People's Champion

Liked in: 465 posts
Title: All the good ones were taken
Formerly: beta-ray

Postby sdsichero » Wed Mar 27, 2013 9:34 pm

Amoebas wrote:But it's not Wanda's fault. It's all Pym's fault according to Hawkeye now. :roll:

Will Hawkeye end up making love to an amnesiac Hank Pym (Doombot) in the near future?
ImageImageImageImageImage

Amoebas
Son of Stein

Liked in: 293 posts
Title: Amorphous Anomoly

Postby Amoebas » Wed Mar 27, 2013 9:34 pm

fieldy snuts wrote:Surprised people are more in a fuss over this than Black Panther's death.

I actually laughed out loud at that... a cat that can't land on his feet. :lol:

alaska1125
dINGO

Liked in: 127 posts

Postby alaska1125 » Wed Mar 27, 2013 9:57 pm

"Sigh". Since I quit this after the first issue, can't someone just spoil the hell out of this. I obviously get the gist, but give me some blacked out details. I'll await with dread...

guitarsmashley
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Postby guitarsmashley » Wed Mar 27, 2013 10:21 pm

fieldy snuts wrote:Surprised people are more in a fuss over this than Black Panther's death.

Then again that further reinforces in my mind that this is going to be wiped clean ASAP.

It barely registered since it well completely doesn't matter. I doubt it will stick for the remainder of this "event". And without reading Superior Spiderman AU I still say that's 100% peter in there since the personality is still well....100% Peter.

- Les Paul

Grayson
Outhouse Drafter

Liked in: 760 posts
Title: The Intersect
Formerly: Sakie

Postby Grayson » Thu Mar 28, 2013 1:02 am

alaska1125 wrote:"Sigh". Since I quit this after the first issue, can't someone just spoil the hell out of this. I obviously get the gist, but give me some blacked out details. I'll await with dread...

[Reveal] Spoiler: Click to Expand
Issue #3 begins with She-Hulk and Luke Cage talking. Luke gives her a pep talk on taking a punch and then knocks her out before carrying her off.

We find out that earlier the remaining heroes were discussing a plan involving bartering one of them to Ultron to attempt to gain some intel on what Ultron's intentions are. Apparently Ultron is accepting these type of trades because he was originally designed to have human needs and desires which means he craves revenge, likes to torture people, and hates everyone. So anyways, the heroes decide that out of all them, Luke Cage and She-Hulk (the green one) are the best candidates to accomplish this plan.

In Chicago, the Red Hulk who the Taskmaster has decided will from now on will be referred to as "Dave" assaults and demolishes a lone Ultron droid. Black Panther and Taskmaster stand by as "Dave" returns with the droid's head but is too slow. They are surrounded by more Ultron droids. "Dave" holds then off while Panther and Taskmaster escape but Panther trips on some stairs, falls down, and breaks his neck. Taskmaster is left to carry the Ultron drone's head by himself.

Back in New York, Luke Cage has been taken by some Ultron drones to what may be Ultron's citadel in order to trade She-Hulk but instead of dealing with Ultron e is surprised to find that he has come face to face with the upper torso of the Vision!

doombug
Staff Writer

Liked in: 99 posts

Postby doombug » Thu Mar 28, 2013 1:08 am

:lol: I'm looking forward to reviewing the eventual hardcover if this just for the sheer absurdity.

3MJ

Liked in: 61 posts

Postby 3MJ » Thu Mar 28, 2013 4:11 am

Amoebas wrote:But it's not Wanda's fault. It's all Pym's fault according to Hawkeye now. :roll:

Hey Bendis - stop writing Clint Barton. From, "Not like this" to wanting to kill Osborn, to this crap - You have not nor ever will understand just who Hawkeye is.

Hawkeye has lots of instances in his history where he was willing to kill people. From trying to kill Osborne to killing dozens of men in Age of Ultron #1. I don't understand where you get the idea of pacifist Hawkeye from as I haven't ever seen him portrayed that way in the comic.

leave a comment with facebook

Next

Return to The News Stand