Advertisement

Officer Convicted of Negligent Homicide Becomes Chief

This is the main board on The Outhouse, where Outhousers talk about everything. No topics are off limits, and it doesn't have to be about comics. All the topics from the other boards also show up in The Asylum, so you never have to leave1

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

GLX
Outhouse Editor

Liked in: 103 posts
Title: Leader of The Society

Officer Convicted of Negligent Homicide Becomes Chief

Postby GLX » Wed Mar 27, 2013 10:41 pm

http://5newsonline.com/2013/03/26/offic ... ice-chief/

When Coleman Brackney took over as Sulphur Springs’ chief, it was the first time Coleman put on a police uniform since he was fired from the Bella Vista Police Department in 2010. Coleman was convicted that year of negligent homicide and served about one month in jail.
A district court ruled that Brackney was to blame for the shooting death of James Ahern following a high-speed pursuit in January 2010. His negligent homicide conviction was a misdemeanor, so Brackney was spared prison time.
“I told the guys the day I left I would be back, and I told them it may take me a while because it was going to be a long fight,” Brackney told 5NEWS on Tuesday. “But I’m back.”
Ahern’s family was awarded $20,000 after suing Brackney. His charge of negligent homicide was expunged, and a state board ruled Brackney could again serve as a police officer in Arkansas.
Brackney said his passion is law enforcement, so he always knew he would be back in uniform some day.
“Everybody can judge everybody else. Until you have actually rode with a police officer or have a family member or friend that is a police officer, you don’t really know what that job entails,” Brackney said.
Sulphur Springs has been without a police presence for the last several months. Brackney said he thought the town could use an officer.
The City Council named Brackney the new chief last week. He is the only police officer in town, but said he hopes to hire more officers to the department.

john lewis wrote:Everyone but GLX has no taste.

Advertisement

GOSD
Everybody lies!

Liked in: 330 posts
Title: Lick me!
Formerly: Ghost of Scooterdoom

Lord Simian
The Lord of the Monkeys

Liked in: 346 posts

Re: Officer Convicted of Negligent Homicide Becomes Chief

Postby Lord Simian » Thu Mar 28, 2013 9:37 am

So... 100% of that town's police force are convicted murderers?

Yikes. :P

leave a comment with facebook

Return to The Asylum