Advertisement

Loeb, McGuinness Walk Off Nova

Discuss the latest comic book news and front page articles, read or post your own reviews of comics, and talk about anything comic book related. Threads from the two subforums below will also show up here. News Stand topics can also be read and posted in from The Asylum.

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

LOLtron
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 234 posts

Postby LOLtron » Wed Mar 27, 2013 1:12 pm

Desperate for some of that sweet negative publicity DC has been monopolizing, Marvel announces Loeb and McGuinness will hand over Nova to Zeb Wells and Paco Medina.

Source: CBR

Marvel held one if its Next Big Thing conference calls today, and while The Outhouse, industry pariahs, were not invited, we were able to get the skinny second-hand through Marvel's marketing department, ComicBookResources. It seems that, after the initial six issue arc, writer and cartoon assassin Jeph Loeb and artist extraordinaire Ed McGuinness will be leaving the book, handing the reigns over to Zeb Wells and Paco Medina. The move is being viewed by industry analysts as an attempt to steal the spotlight from DC Comics, which monopolized the 24 hour comics news cycle last week with an epic clusterfuck of creator walk-outs and plans to kill prominent black characters.

"We really feel like we're capable of screwing things up to the same, or even greater, degree that DC is," said Marvel editor Stephen Wacker.

"It was a very pleasant break-up," said Jeph Loeb.  

Wacker immediately cut him off.  "No it wasn't.  It was awful.  Loeb said things about my wife.  Terrible, terrible things."

"I did not!" protested Loeb.  "Unless you're referring to the apple pie recipe I gave her last night."

Wacker immediately cut him off again.  "We're now feuding and it looks to be a long one.  Please see my twitter account for passive aggressive comments about the whole thing and be sure to make a big deal about when we patch things up and announce his next series."

Ed McGuinness also seemed confused about the breakup. "This is the first I'm hearing about a feud," he said.

"See," said Wacker. "Creative teams not finding out about things until public conference calls. We're just as awful as DC. Man, you guys all need to write this stuff down and post about it on your blogs along with at least a half dozen editorials wondering what's going on."

"What is going on?" said McGuinness.  

"That's what the journalists need to speculate about, Ed."

In response to Wacker's request, ComicBooks.net's Gus Sterlingham immediately drafted at least three articles speculating on the prospects of Joseph Gordon Levitt playing Loeb in a made-for-tv movie about the controversy.

As a confused Loeb and McGuinness left the conference, Wacker shouted at them, "You'll never work in this town again!" He then promised a new project by the heterosexual lifemates in the near future.

Written or Contributed by Jude Terror

READ THIS ARTICLE ON THE FRONT PAGE, HUMANS!

Advertisement

habitual
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 171 posts
Title: Habinger of Doom!

Re: Loeb, McGuinness Walk Off Nova

Postby habitual » Wed Mar 27, 2013 1:36 pm

If they kill the kid and bring back Richard Rider within 2-3 issues then there might be evidence of a benevolent creator.

Hab

Punchy
Staff Writer

Liked in: 77 posts
Title: Shitlord

Postby Punchy » Wed Mar 27, 2013 1:43 pm

habitual wrote:If they kill the kid and bring back Richard Rider within 2-3 issues then there might be evidence of a benevolent creator.

Hab

Sam's a decent enough character.

habitual
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 171 posts
Title: Habinger of Doom!

Postby habitual » Wed Mar 27, 2013 2:02 pm

Punchy wrote:

I agree, he should be martyred immediately.

Hab

sdsichero
2k11 Outhouse People's Champion

Liked in: 518 posts
Title: I have no idea…
Formerly: beta-ray

Postby sdsichero » Wed Mar 27, 2013 5:02 pm

Hmnnn...

1:30 UltimateKidNova:
"I'm doing five issues and then we're going to see how my schedule works out. I am super excited about this book and will stick around as long as I can. Jeph has more stories to tell as well." - Zeb Wells
Image Image Image ImageImage

avengingtitan
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 186 posts

Postby avengingtitan » Wed Mar 27, 2013 5:06 pm

habitual wrote:If they kill the kid and bring back Richard Rider within 2-3 issues then there might be evidence of a benevolent creator.

Hab

I can only hope
Checkout my new Ebay Store.
Comics, Video Games, Action Figures, Pokemon Cards, Yu-Gi-Oh Cards, Disney Infinity, and Skylanders
http://www.ebay.com/usr/pennsylvanias_best_comics

GOSD
Everybody lies!

Liked in: 226 posts
Title: Lick me!
Formerly: Ghost of Scooterdoom

Postby GOSD » Thu Mar 28, 2013 8:35 am

Just bring back Rich Rider or explain what happened to him already

Jesus, fucking christ! :roll: :roll: :smt013 :smt013

MistaT
penile prisoner

Liked in: 7 posts
Title: ThreadKilla

Postby MistaT » Thu Mar 28, 2013 8:43 am

Punchy wrote:

Yeah, I kinda like the kid.

Still would rather have Rich back though.

Draco x
FROGMAN

Liked in: 324 posts

Postby Draco x » Thu Mar 28, 2013 3:37 pm

habitual wrote:
I agree, he should be martyred immediately.

Hab

Beat me to a good one here. :-D :-D :-D

leave a comment with facebook

Return to The News Stand