Sunday, September 25, 2016 • Morning Edition • "The number two comic book website."

The Outhouse - The Greatest Comic Book Forum

Comics news, comic book reviews, feature articles about comics, interviews with comic creators, plus the greatest comic book and pop culture discussion in the Outhouse forums!

Advertisement

Age of Ultron #3 Bendis is back to his old tricks(spoilers)

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Well, they're not accepting new members, but we'll take anyone here, so why not sign up for a free acount? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

fieldy snuts

Rain Partier

Postby fieldy snuts » Thu Mar 28, 2013 4:59 pm

I'm pretty sure they confirmed it by running the regular series side by side with the AU equivalents. Then you consider BP, Doom and Reed Richsrds being confirmed as dead and you simply know this wont be permanent.

Chronologically this is all two weeks into the future of the Marvel Universe, right?

guitarsmashley

Regular-Sized Poster

Postby guitarsmashley » Thu Mar 28, 2013 6:07 pm

fieldy snuts wrote:I'm pretty sure they confirmed it by running the regular series side by side with the AU equivalents. Then you consider BP, Doom and Reed Richsrds being confirmed as dead and you simply know this wont be permanent.

Chronologically this is all two weeks into the future of the Marvel Universe, right?

I would say more like 6-9 hours.

BubbaKanoosh

2009 Most Valuable Poster

Postby BubbaKanoosh » Thu Mar 28, 2013 6:14 pm

Jubilee wrote:
Hawkeye has lots of instances in his history where he was willing to kill people. From trying to kill Osborne to killing dozens of men in Age of Ultron #1. I don't understand where you get the idea of pacifist Hawkeye from as I haven't ever seen him portrayed that way in the comic.

He kills. Unless of coarse said person raped his wife, then he scoffs at the idea and lets him live.

Lord Simian

The Lord of the Monkeys

Postby Lord Simian » Thu Mar 28, 2013 6:22 pm

Huh. All the times I've looked at that image, I never noticed that it refers to a potential Avengers/Ultimates crossover.

Right before that barrier 3/4 of the way to the end, at the bottom, it references the Triskellion.

(Maybe that IS old news. I didn't notice before, so bite me.)

habitual

Silly French Man

Postby habitual » Thu Mar 28, 2013 7:41 pm

fieldy snuts wrote:I'm pretty sure they confirmed it by running the regular series side by side with the AU equivalents. Then you consider BP, Doom and Reed Richsrds being confirmed as dead and you simply know this wont be permanent.

My suspicion is that what's going on with Kang in Uncanny Avengers will tie in heavily to how AU is resolved, he was supposed to figure pretty heavily in that timeline Yoni posted above.

Pretty clearly not an alternate timeline/dimension at least at this point.

Hab

Eric Ratcliffe

Staff Writer

Postby Eric Ratcliffe » Thu Mar 28, 2013 8:49 pm

draco x wrote:
Don't worry, BP, will be brought back at some point and hopefully this god awful crossover is retconned out of existence( Wishful thinking on my part).

Draco, do we really need to explain the time travel thing and how this is obviously not permanent? :lol:

Grayson

Outhouse Drafter

Postby Grayson » Thu Mar 28, 2013 8:51 pm

doombug wrote:Draco, do we really need to explain the time travel thing and how this is obviously not permanent? :lol:

Dammit! Put a spoiler tag on it or black it out next time! :smt013 :smt011

HNutz

Rain Partier

Postby HNutz » Thu Mar 28, 2013 8:52 pm

Lord Simian wrote:Huh. All the times I've looked at that image, I never noticed that it refers to a potential Avengers/Ultimates crossover.

Right before that barrier 3/4 of the way to the end, at the bottom, it references the Triskellion.

(Maybe that IS old news. I didn't notice before, so bite me.)

Huh.

I've seen it a bunch, too, but I never thought that was "Triskellion".

Could be interesting.

Eric Ratcliffe

Staff Writer

Postby Eric Ratcliffe » Thu Mar 28, 2013 8:54 pm

Grayson wrote:
Dammit! Put a spoiler tag on it or black it out next time! :smt013 :smt011

can't tell if sarcasm or for reals. :smt102

Grayson

Outhouse Drafter

Postby Grayson » Thu Mar 28, 2013 8:56 pm

doombug wrote:can't tell if sarcasm or for reals. :smt102

:|

[Reveal] Spoiler: Click to Expand
Sarcasm :lol:

HNutz

Rain Partier

Postby HNutz » Fri Mar 29, 2013 6:54 am

fieldy snuts wrote:

guitarsmashley wrote:
I would say more like 6-9 hours.

I'd guess a LOT longer.

Rules and "understandings" are in place, Luke's had time to grow hair... I'd think it's been a couple of months.

Punchy

Staff Writer

Postby Punchy » Fri Mar 29, 2013 8:19 am

habitual wrote:
Since this event has been telegraphed in other comics for the better part of a year it's pretty obviously not.

Are you reading the same comic as everyone else or was it too long ago for you to remember?

Hab

Yeah, Marvel have killed off 3/4s of the Fantastic Four and Black Panther and Aunt May and Cyclops and Thor and Jessica Jones and it's not an alternate reality or possible future?

It's like Rotworld, all of this will be undone by the end of it, probably by Angela.

Amoebas

Son of Stein

Postby Amoebas » Fri Mar 29, 2013 8:28 am

HNutz wrote:

I'd guess a LOT longer.

I'd think it's been a couple of months.

I think it must be at least 3 months AGO since the Fantastic Four's year long journey was only to take then 4 seconds. So it must have taken place 1 second after they left (allowing for the Panther to be able to 'call' them"). Then the whole Age of Where's Ultron takes place in just 2 seconds so that the FF are able to get back into their Tardis in time for the 4th second so that they can be lost (allowing for Antman's team to exist).

chap22

Rain Partier

Postby chap22 » Fri Mar 29, 2013 8:29 am

BubbaKanoosh wrote:
He kills. Unless of coarse said person raped his wife, then he scoffs at the idea and lets him live.

:roll: :roll: :roll: :smt011

habitual

Silly French Man

Postby habitual » Fri Mar 29, 2013 9:19 am

Punchy wrote:
Yeah, Marvel have killed off 3/4s of the Fantastic Four and Black Panther and Aunt May and Cyclops and Thor and Jessica Jones and it's not an alternate reality or possible future?

It's like Rotworld, all of this will be undone by the end of it, probably by Angela.

With the exception of Thor based on the quality of those individual titles right now I'm fine with it.

Hopefully the kille the new Nova and Luke Cage before this is over.

Hab

leave a comment with facebook