Advertisement

Uncanny X-Force 3 - HUH? (Spoilers eventually)

This is the main board on The Outhouse, where Outhousers talk about everything. No topics are off limits, and it doesn't have to be about comics. All the topics from the other boards also show up in The Asylum, so you never have to leave1

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

TimDrake'sDumbWings
Motherfucker from Hell

Liked in: 2 posts
Title: I mean... ROBINS have wings...
Formerly: DOOP SPEAK

Uncanny X-Force 3 - HUH? (Spoilers eventually)

Postby TimDrake'sDumbWings » Thu Mar 28, 2013 11:29 am

Hi, all.

I've actually been enjoying Humphries' Uncanny X-Force. It's a big, dumb, pretty-looking action comic featuring characters I've grown to love (Psylocke, Fantomex, Storm).

However, one panel in yesterday's issue made me shit myself in confusion. Look at the attached.

There is SO MUCH to take issue with here. For instance: who on any of the 9/11 flights survived after it crashed into a building? Why even mention it then?

It was a weird, awkwardly worded panel that took me out of a pretty good story.

What did y'all think?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Advertisement

e_galston
Staff Writer

Liked in: 380 posts
Formerly: Sitebreaker

Re: Uncanny X-Force 3 - HUH? (Spoilers eventually)

Postby e_galston » Thu Mar 28, 2013 11:55 am

he's not saying that there were survivors in those crashes.. he's saying long before 9/11 happened, storm was on a plane that crashed into a building and she survived...

TimDrake'sDumbWings
Motherfucker from Hell

Liked in: 2 posts
Title: I mean... ROBINS have wings...
Formerly: DOOP SPEAK

Postby TimDrake'sDumbWings » Thu Mar 28, 2013 11:56 am

e_galston wrote:he's not saying that there were survivors in those crashes.. he's saying long before 9/11 happened, storm was on a plane that crashed into a building and she survived...

Is he? That caption was really poorly worded and took me out of the story.

What'd you think of the issue? I've been enjoying it, but haven't read anything about how it's been received generally on the OH.

e_galston
Staff Writer

Postby e_galston » Thu Mar 28, 2013 12:20 pm

i'm enjoying it.. its different than the last series. I like it better than Cable and X-Force, but i'm enjoying that series as well.

Lord Simian
The Lord of the Monkeys

Liked in: 259 posts

Postby Lord Simian » Thu Mar 28, 2013 12:33 pm

TimDrake'sDumbWings wrote:
Is he? That caption was really poorly worded and took me out of the story.

What'd you think of the issue? I've been enjoying it, but haven't read anything about how it's been received generally on the OH.

It took me a second to figure out why 9/11 was even brought up.

It's (IMO) only included in that sentence do that nutjobs don't get sandy vaginas, screaming about how Marvel is implying Storm was on the 9/11 planes, or some such nonsense. There's no other reason I van see to include letting us know her plane crash was "long before".

Unless they're saying Storm was crashing planes into buildings "before it was cool". I don't think that's it, though.

e_galston
Staff Writer

Postby e_galston » Thu Mar 28, 2013 12:59 pm

Lord Simian wrote:
It took me a second to figure out why 9/11 was even brought up.

It's (IMO) only included in that sentence do that nutjobs don't get sandy vaginas, screaming about how Marvel is implying Storm was on the 9/11 planes, or some such nonsense. There's no other reason I van see to include letting us know her plane crash was "long before".

Unless they're saying Storm was crashing planes into buildings "before it was cool". I don't think that's it, though.

yep its really poorly worded, but it allows for a reader to know it happened a while ago, without giving a definitive date. 9/11 happened in the Marvel Universe so can infer that her plane crash happened over ten years ago.

what got me, is i didn't remember her being in a plane crash, it think i had the 90s cartoon origin in my head, where it was like a political uprising or something...

Lord Simian
The Lord of the Monkeys

Liked in: 259 posts

Postby Lord Simian » Thu Mar 28, 2013 1:37 pm

e_galston wrote:
yep its really poorly worded, but it allows for a reader to know it happened a while ago, without giving a definitive date. 9/11 happened in the Marvel Universe so can infer that her plane crash happened over ten years ago.

what got me, is i didn't remember her being in a plane crash, it think i had the 90s cartoon origin in my head, where it was like a political uprising or something...

Know what got ME to infer that her plane crashed more than ten years ago? That line right there where it says she was six. :)

e_galston
Staff Writer

Postby e_galston » Thu Mar 28, 2013 1:41 pm

Lord Simian wrote:
Know what got ME to infer that her plane crashed more than ten years ago? That line right there where it says she was six. :)

well there's that too...

sdsichero
2k11 Outhouse People's Champion

Liked in: 475 posts
Title: All the good ones were taken
Formerly: beta-ray

Postby sdsichero » Thu Mar 28, 2013 2:47 pm

e_galston wrote:what got me, is i didn't remember her being in a plane crash, it think i had the 90s cartoon origin in my head, where it was like a political uprising or something...

Me either. I just remember the claustrophobia being caused by her being buried in rubble (during Arab-Israeli conflict) next to her mom. Didn't think a plane was a part of that, more likely a bombing of some sort. I don't remember it that clearly though.i
ImageImageImageImageImage

e_galston
Staff Writer

Postby e_galston » Thu Mar 28, 2013 2:50 pm

sdsichero wrote:
Me either. I just remember the claustrophobia being caused by her being buried in rubble (during Arab-Israeli conflict) next to her mom. Didn't think a plane was a part of that, more likely a bombing of some sort. I don't remember it that clearly though.i

wikipedia has it like this:

N'Dare falls in love with and marries American photojournalist David Munroe. They move to Harlem in uptown New York City, where Ororo is born. They move to Egypt and lived there until they die during the Suez Crisis in a botched aircraft attack, leaving six-year-old Ororo as an orphan. Her violent claustrophobia is established as a result of being buried under tons of rubble after that attack.

it must have been changed in the 90s cartoon to just be her trapped in rubble of a falling building, as that's how i remember it

Draco x
FROGMAN

Liked in: 274 posts

Postby Draco x » Thu Mar 28, 2013 3:11 pm

e_galston wrote:
wikipedia has it like this:

N'Dare falls in love with and marries American photojournalist David Munroe. They move to Harlem in uptown New York City, where Ororo is born. They move to Egypt and lived there until they die during the Suez Crisis in a botched aircraft attack, leaving six-year-old Ororo as an orphan. Her violent claustrophobia is established as a result of being buried under tons of rubble after that attack.

it must have been changed in the 90s cartoon to just be her trapped in rubble of a falling building, as that's how i remember it

Yeah, that's how I remember it origin wise.

IvCNuB4
Staff Writer

Liked in: 308 posts
Title: Stop messing with my TITLE !

Postby IvCNuB4 » Thu Mar 28, 2013 6:26 pm

I thought that the plane crashed into their home and that's how she got buried.
Victorian Squid wrote:In a DC/Marvel cross-over "all your favorite Marvel characters would catch contextually-transmitted diseases and Steph infections."

e_galston
Staff Writer

Postby e_galston » Thu Mar 28, 2013 6:51 pm

IvCNuB4 wrote:I thought that the plane crashed into their home and that's how she got buried.

even if that's the case, nothing that is said in that caption changes that... i just means she was in the house and that she was the only person who survived the plane crashing into her house.. meaning everyone on the plane, and everyone in the house but her died...

leave a comment with facebook

Return to The Asylum