Wednesday, July 27, 2016 • Morning Edition • "Something about hobo piss."

The Outhouse - The Greatest Comic Book Forum

Comics news, comic book reviews, feature articles about comics, interviews with comic creators, plus the greatest comic book and pop culture discussion in the Outhouse forums!

Advertisement

Uncanny X-Force 3 - HUH? (Spoilers eventually)

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Well, they're not accepting new members, but we'll take anyone here, so why not sign up for a free acount? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

TimDrake'sDumbWings

Motherfucker from Hell

Postby TimDrake'sDumbWings » Thu Mar 28, 2013 11:29 am

Hi, all.

I've actually been enjoying Humphries' Uncanny X-Force. It's a big, dumb, pretty-looking action comic featuring characters I've grown to love (Psylocke, Fantomex, Storm).

However, one panel in yesterday's issue made me shit myself in confusion. Look at the attached.

There is SO MUCH to take issue with here. For instance: who on any of the 9/11 flights survived after it crashed into a building? Why even mention it then?

It was a weird, awkwardly worded panel that took me out of a pretty good story.

What did y'all think?

e_galston

Staff Writer

Postby e_galston » Thu Mar 28, 2013 11:55 am

he's not saying that there were survivors in those crashes.. he's saying long before 9/11 happened, storm was on a plane that crashed into a building and she survived...

TimDrake'sDumbWings

Motherfucker from Hell

Postby TimDrake'sDumbWings » Thu Mar 28, 2013 11:56 am

e_galston wrote:he's not saying that there were survivors in those crashes.. he's saying long before 9/11 happened, storm was on a plane that crashed into a building and she survived...

Is he? That caption was really poorly worded and took me out of the story.

What'd you think of the issue? I've been enjoying it, but haven't read anything about how it's been received generally on the OH.

e_galston

Staff Writer

Postby e_galston » Thu Mar 28, 2013 12:20 pm

i'm enjoying it.. its different than the last series. I like it better than Cable and X-Force, but i'm enjoying that series as well.

Lord Simian

The Lord of the Monkeys

Postby Lord Simian » Thu Mar 28, 2013 12:33 pm

TimDrake'sDumbWings wrote:
Is he? That caption was really poorly worded and took me out of the story.

What'd you think of the issue? I've been enjoying it, but haven't read anything about how it's been received generally on the OH.

It took me a second to figure out why 9/11 was even brought up.

It's (IMO) only included in that sentence do that nutjobs don't get sandy vaginas, screaming about how Marvel is implying Storm was on the 9/11 planes, or some such nonsense. There's no other reason I van see to include letting us know her plane crash was "long before".

Unless they're saying Storm was crashing planes into buildings "before it was cool". I don't think that's it, though.

e_galston

Staff Writer

Postby e_galston » Thu Mar 28, 2013 12:59 pm

Lord Simian wrote:
It took me a second to figure out why 9/11 was even brought up.

It's (IMO) only included in that sentence do that nutjobs don't get sandy vaginas, screaming about how Marvel is implying Storm was on the 9/11 planes, or some such nonsense. There's no other reason I van see to include letting us know her plane crash was "long before".

Unless they're saying Storm was crashing planes into buildings "before it was cool". I don't think that's it, though.

yep its really poorly worded, but it allows for a reader to know it happened a while ago, without giving a definitive date. 9/11 happened in the Marvel Universe so can infer that her plane crash happened over ten years ago.

what got me, is i didn't remember her being in a plane crash, it think i had the 90s cartoon origin in my head, where it was like a political uprising or something...

Lord Simian

The Lord of the Monkeys

Postby Lord Simian » Thu Mar 28, 2013 1:37 pm

e_galston wrote:
yep its really poorly worded, but it allows for a reader to know it happened a while ago, without giving a definitive date. 9/11 happened in the Marvel Universe so can infer that her plane crash happened over ten years ago.

what got me, is i didn't remember her being in a plane crash, it think i had the 90s cartoon origin in my head, where it was like a political uprising or something...

Know what got ME to infer that her plane crashed more than ten years ago? That line right there where it says she was six. :)

e_galston

Staff Writer

Postby e_galston » Thu Mar 28, 2013 1:41 pm

Lord Simian wrote:
Know what got ME to infer that her plane crashed more than ten years ago? That line right there where it says she was six. :)

well there's that too...

sdsichero

2k11 Outhouse People's Champion

Postby sdsichero » Thu Mar 28, 2013 2:47 pm

e_galston wrote:what got me, is i didn't remember her being in a plane crash, it think i had the 90s cartoon origin in my head, where it was like a political uprising or something...

Me either. I just remember the claustrophobia being caused by her being buried in rubble (during Arab-Israeli conflict) next to her mom. Didn't think a plane was a part of that, more likely a bombing of some sort. I don't remember it that clearly though.i

e_galston

Staff Writer

Postby e_galston » Thu Mar 28, 2013 2:50 pm

sdsichero wrote:
Me either. I just remember the claustrophobia being caused by her being buried in rubble (during Arab-Israeli conflict) next to her mom. Didn't think a plane was a part of that, more likely a bombing of some sort. I don't remember it that clearly though.i

wikipedia has it like this:

N'Dare falls in love with and marries American photojournalist David Munroe. They move to Harlem in uptown New York City, where Ororo is born. They move to Egypt and lived there until they die during the Suez Crisis in a botched aircraft attack, leaving six-year-old Ororo as an orphan. Her violent claustrophobia is established as a result of being buried under tons of rubble after that attack.

it must have been changed in the 90s cartoon to just be her trapped in rubble of a falling building, as that's how i remember it

Draco x

Fagorstorm

Postby Draco x » Thu Mar 28, 2013 3:11 pm

e_galston wrote:
wikipedia has it like this:

N'Dare falls in love with and marries American photojournalist David Munroe. They move to Harlem in uptown New York City, where Ororo is born. They move to Egypt and lived there until they die during the Suez Crisis in a botched aircraft attack, leaving six-year-old Ororo as an orphan. Her violent claustrophobia is established as a result of being buried under tons of rubble after that attack.

it must have been changed in the 90s cartoon to just be her trapped in rubble of a falling building, as that's how i remember it

Yeah, that's how I remember it origin wise.

IvCNuB4

Staff Writer

Postby IvCNuB4 » Thu Mar 28, 2013 6:26 pm

I thought that the plane crashed into their home and that's how she got buried.

e_galston

Staff Writer

Postby e_galston » Thu Mar 28, 2013 6:51 pm

IvCNuB4 wrote:I thought that the plane crashed into their home and that's how she got buried.

even if that's the case, nothing that is said in that caption changes that... i just means she was in the house and that she was the only person who survived the plane crashing into her house.. meaning everyone on the plane, and everyone in the house but her died...

leave a comment with facebook