Tuesday, June 28, 2016 • Morning Edition • "That smell was here before we went in."

The Outhouse - The Greatest Comic Book Forum

Comics news, comic book reviews, feature articles about comics, interviews with comic creators, plus the greatest comic book and pop culture discussion in the Outhouse forums!

Advertisement

Cyclops question

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Well, they're not accepting new members, but we'll take anyone here, so why not sign up for a free acount? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

Juan Cena

DANG!

Postby Juan Cena » Thu Mar 28, 2013 7:01 pm

Punchy wrote:Why do people still question Cyclops' bad-ass credentials?

He's the hardest MFer in the Marvel Universe right now, he is awesome.

So Cyclops is Samuel L Jackson now? :smt017

Juan Cena

DANG!

Postby Juan Cena » Thu Mar 28, 2013 7:04 pm

And keep the Nick Fury Jr jokes to yerself, thank you.

habitual

Silly French Man

Postby habitual » Thu Mar 28, 2013 7:56 pm

Didn't a depowered Storm hand Cyke his ass back in the day?

Hab

Grayson

Outhouse Drafter

Postby Grayson » Thu Mar 28, 2013 8:01 pm

habitual wrote:Didn't a depowered Storm hand Cyke his ass back in the day?

Hab

Are you talking about the time they fought for leadership of the X-Men? Didn't Storm win because she stole Cyclops visor, effectively putting her and anyone in the vicinity at risk, while Cyclops chose not to continue in order to prevent anybody from being hurt? :smt102

bkthomson

Rain Partier

Postby bkthomson » Thu Mar 28, 2013 8:04 pm

habitual wrote:Didn't a depowered Storm hand Cyke his ass back in the day?

Hab

Issue 201 of Uncanny X-Men.

bkthomson

Rain Partier

Postby bkthomson » Thu Mar 28, 2013 8:05 pm

Grayson wrote:
Are you talking about the time they fought for leadership of the X-Men? Didn't Storm win because she stole Cyclops visor, effectively putting her and anyone in the vicinity at risk, while Cyclops chose not to continue in order to prevent anybody from being hurt? :smt102

Yeah that is the most memorable time the two went at it and your description is accurate.

Grayson

Outhouse Drafter

Postby Grayson » Thu Mar 28, 2013 8:14 pm

bkthomson wrote:Yeah that is the most memorable time the two went at it and your description is accurate.

I always hated the outcome of that fight and it has always been one of the reasons why I dislike Storm so much. I know that they were fighting for the right to lead the team but who would you rather follow if you were an X-Man; the person who displayed that they had the ability to use good judgement and stand down in a situation where innocents could be harmed or the person who willingly put you and everyone else in danger just so they could get the win?

habitual

Silly French Man

Postby habitual » Thu Mar 28, 2013 8:23 pm

Grayson wrote:

From what I remember she gave him a pretty serious beat down while at the same time giving him a speech about relying too much on his powers to come out on top.

He didn't concede from what I recall, he got his ass handed to him.

Hab

BlueStreak

The Red Stands for Irony

Postby BlueStreak » Thu Mar 28, 2013 8:25 pm

Grayson wrote:
I always hated the outcome of that fight and it has always been one of the reasons why I dislike Storm so much. I know that they were fighting for the right to lead the team but who would you rather follow if you were an X-Man; the person who displayed that they had the ability to use good judgement and stand down in a situation where innocents could be harmed or the person who willingly put you and everyone else in danger just so they could get the win?

As most of the X-Men joined Stabby McSniktpants when he decided to start a school after trying to blow up a populated island with C4, I'll give them credit for being consistent.

bkthomson

Rain Partier

Postby bkthomson » Thu Mar 28, 2013 8:25 pm

Grayson wrote:

Then storm was a good leader but also took chances in her role. Today she seems to be more Scott like of the past than Scott has been written today.

habitual

Silly French Man

Postby habitual » Thu Mar 28, 2013 8:27 pm

bkthomson wrote:
Then storm was a good leader but also took chances in her role. Today she seems to be more Scott like of the past than Scott has been written today.

The last time I read a good Scott Summer's story, Whedon was writing it.

Hab

bkthomson

Rain Partier

Postby bkthomson » Thu Mar 28, 2013 8:29 pm

habitual wrote:
The last time I read a good Scott Summer's story, Whedon was writing it.

Hab

Yep, not to get into the character assassination debate of Scott but I really miss that character from the past. Like this is a marvel emerald twilight.

Grayson

Outhouse Drafter

Postby Grayson » Thu Mar 28, 2013 8:39 pm

habitual wrote:He didn't concede from what I recall, he got his ass handed to him.

Hab

Call me crazy, but it doesn't really look like an ass is being handed. :smt102

BlueMole wrote:As most of the X-Men joined Stabby McSniktpants when he decided to start a school after trying to blow up a populated island with C4, I'll give them credit for being consistent.

Come to think of it, the majority of the X-Men have never really been the best when it comes to making their own decisions. :P

bkthomson

Rain Partier

Postby bkthomson » Thu Mar 28, 2013 8:45 pm

Grayson wrote:

Call me crazy, but it doesn't really look like an ass is being handed. :smt102

Come to think of it, the majority of the X-Men have never really been the best when it comes to making their own decisions. :P

Bad decisions is what Marvel calls good drama.

Lord Simian

The Lord of the Monkeys

Postby Lord Simian » Thu Mar 28, 2013 9:38 pm

bkthomson wrote:
Bad decisions is what Marvel calls good drama.

They're what Hawk calls "Saturday Night".

leave a comment with facebook