Sunday, December 4, 2016 • Midnight Edition • "We Wipe Last. Not Before."

The Outhouse - The Greatest Comic Book Forum

Comics news, comic book reviews, feature articles about comics, interviews with comic creators, plus the greatest comic book and pop culture discussion in the Outhouse forums!

Advertisement

Fantastic Four #5AU out WTF's DC's WTF Month Before It Begins.

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Well, they're not accepting new members, but we'll take anyone here, so why not sign up for a free acount? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

User avatar

chap22

Rain Partier

Postby chap22 » Fri Mar 29, 2013 11:11 am

Jubilee wrote:
That's not cool. That's basic storytelling 101. I think the general idea is that you write the best story you can, irregardless of what has come before. Who gives a shit about minor continuity like this? Like honestly. Things change in comics constantly, getting hung up over petty details like how time travel should actually change things is silly.

The reason Age of Ultron is crap is because it's cliched, slow and hasn't done a good job of portraying any sense of gravitas to the current situation. Not because it messes with how Hawkeye was portrayed 30 years ago or what it means in contrast to other time travel stories.

The best stories in Marvel's history have paid fast and loose with what has come before. Look at how Bucky has been used in the 60's and now. Look at Clareont's X-men run. Just let it go Amobeas!

NOT A WORD.
User avatar

Amoebas

Son of Stein

Postby Amoebas » Fri Mar 29, 2013 11:12 am

Punchy wrote:It's ridiculous to try and apply rules or logic to time-travel.


Read Marvel Two-In-One #50. It literally is the exact plot that AU is heading to.

Ben has a cure in the present that will only work on his younger self - so what if Ben gives it to his younger self?
Ultron has taken over the planet and can't be stopped - but what if Pym was stopped before he accidently created Ultron?

Ben goes back in time and change things to make a new reality in his present.
Sue & Wolverine go back in time and change things to make a new reality in their present.

Ben returns home and finds nothing has changed and he created an alternate timeline.
Sue & Wolverine return home and find everything has changed and the world is okey-dokey again.

In a world where sometimes things go up, they should follow the rule (and logic) that they will also come down.
User avatar

IvCNuB4

Staff Writer

Postby IvCNuB4 » Fri Mar 29, 2013 11:19 am

Welcome to The Outhouse Good Friday 2013 Battle Royale :lol:

Round 1: Amoebas vs Punchy

3MJ

Postby 3MJ » Fri Mar 29, 2013 11:19 am

Irregardless of whether it's a word or not Chap I've used it now get over it. :smt013
User avatar

Juan Cena

DANG!

Postby Juan Cena » Fri Mar 29, 2013 11:23 am

Jubilee wrote:
That's not cool. That's basic storytelling 101. I think the general idea is that you write the best story you can, irregardless of what has come before. Who gives a shit about minor continuity like this? Like honestly. Things change in comics constantly, getting hung up over petty details like how time travel should actually change things is silly.

The reason Age of Ultron is crap is because it's cliched, slow and hasn't done a good job of portraying any sense of gravitas to the current situation. Not because it messes with how Hawkeye was portrayed 30 years ago or what it means in contrast to other time travel stories.

The best stories in Marvel's history have paid fast and loose with what has come before. Look at how Bucky has been used in the 60's and now. Look at Clareont's X-men run. Just let it go Amobeas!


Amoebas likes things unchanging and set in stone. Haven't you noticed that?
User avatar

Juan Cena

DANG!

Postby Juan Cena » Fri Mar 29, 2013 11:26 am

You could argue that the Marvel rules on Time Travel got altered with Age of Apocalypse or House of M or any of the other reality changing dramas.
User avatar

Amoebas

Son of Stein

Postby Amoebas » Fri Mar 29, 2013 11:26 am

Jubilee wrote:I think the general idea is that you write the best story you can, irregardless of what has come before.

If the story is so important - then don't use existing characters that have histories that need to be contradicted in order for the story to work.

Jubilee wrote:Age of Ultron is crap

Smartest thing you've ever typed - like, ever. :-D

Jubilee wrote:The best stories in Marvel's history have paid fast and loose with what has come before.

I just posted about one of the best stories in Marvel's history (M2in1 #50) (that literally played with what had come before). So I think I'm on solid ground.

Jubilee wrote:Just let it go Amobeas!

Nah - not letting it go, because I was raised on Marvel Comics where they didn't let it go.

And you still can't take the time to learn how to spell my name For shame Jbuleei, For shame! :smt011
User avatar

Amoebas

Son of Stein

Postby Amoebas » Fri Mar 29, 2013 11:29 am

Jubilee wrote:Irregardless of whether it's a word or not Chap I've used it now get over it. :smt013


"Irregardless" is not a word either. :-D
User avatar

IvCNuB4

Staff Writer

Postby IvCNuB4 » Fri Mar 29, 2013 11:57 am

:lol:

3MJ

Postby 3MJ » Fri Mar 29, 2013 11:59 am

Iregaurdless of your attempts to get me into petty disputes Amoebas I will never accept that characters are more important than story. I think it's important these characters get a soft update every decade or so to fit them into the wider world.
User avatar

chap22

Rain Partier

Postby chap22 » Fri Mar 29, 2013 12:19 pm

Jubilee wrote:Irregardless of whether it's a word or not Chap I've used it now get over it. :smt013

NOT A WORD.
User avatar

Tintin Quarantino

Rain Partier

Postby Tintin Quarantino » Fri Mar 29, 2013 1:29 pm

By most accepted definitions of the word "word", of course it's a word!
User avatar

Stephen Day

Wrasslin' Fan

Postby Stephen Day » Fri Mar 29, 2013 1:33 pm

Victorian Squid wrote:By most accepted definitions of the word "word", of course it's a word!


Irregardless of what you say here, it's Chap vs Twigg -- I say Chap is right.
User avatar

Keb

<( ' . ' )>

Postby Keb » Fri Mar 29, 2013 1:35 pm

:lol: @ Twigg's diction trolling
User avatar

Stephen Day

Wrasslin' Fan

Postby Stephen Day » Fri Mar 29, 2013 1:39 pm

Keb wrote::lol: @ Twigg's diction trolling


He does have talent doesn't he. :lol:

leave a comment with facebook


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: FaceBook [Linkcheck], Google [Bot] and 64 guests