Advertisement

New Creative Teams for Batman and Justice League Beyond

Discuss the latest comic book news and front page articles, read or post your own reviews of comics, and talk about anything comic book related. Threads from the two subforums below will also show up here. News Stand topics can also be read and posted in from The Asylum.

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

LOLtron
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 360 posts

Postby LOLtron » Fri Mar 29, 2013 2:43 pm

Kyle Higgins and Thony Silas on Batman Beyond with Christos Gage and Than Coello on Justice League Beyond. Also.. BATGIRL BEYOND?!

Source: Batman Beyond and Justice League Beyond Get New Creative Teams

IGNUK is reporting that two of the three Beyond books will be attaining new creative teams (JT Krul and Howard Porter will remain on Superman Beyond). Christos Gage (Avengers Academy) and Iban Coello (Superboy)  will be the new creative team behind Justice League Beyond. Kyle Higgins (Nightwing) and Than Caello (Venom) will be on Batman Beyond. Though they won't be alone in July the fill-in team of Scott Peterson (co-creator of the fourth and currently TOXIC Batgirl, Cassandra Cain) and artist Annie Wul are set to debut Batgirl Beyond in the book:

As for what Higgins and Caello will focus on in their first arc? It'll be on Terry, Bruce, Barbara, and Dick. Higgins talked about it at IGNUK along with this teaser image:

First and foremost, my interest lies in the characters. Terry, Bruce, Barbara, Dick… the chance to explore and push these guys within the context of the DC Animated Universe is -- bar none -- one of the coolest opportunities I could ever hope for. If you look at my stuff on Nightwing and Gates of Gotham, I think it’s pretty evident that “my” Batman -- I imagine every writer has “their” Batman -- is very much from the animated series.

With that in mind, my take for the book is designed around exploring the next stage of Terry’s life, and the lives of everyone else we’ve come to know and love. Our first issue opens after a bit of time has gone by and a number of things have changed. I don’t want to give away too much, but I can say that Terry’s in college now, he and Dana are no longer speaking, the relationship between Terry and Barbara (Commissioner Gordon) is different… there’s definitely a “what happened?” mystery that weaves in and out of the book. And when you see what did happen… yeah, I’ve probably already said too much! [laughs]

Oh, and our way into the story is through the lens of a big murder in Neo-Gotham. So, there’s that, too.

Though they don't have a flashy teaser picture, Gage and Coello promise their first arc on Justice League Beyond will feature an old deadly foe from Superman's Rogues Gallery and also they'll be introducing a brand new character with a familar name.

old and deadly member of Superman's rogues' gallery behind it all. The storyline will also introduce a brand new character with a familiar name

Written or Contributed by Zechs

READ THIS ARTICLE ON THE FRONT PAGE, HUMANS!

Advertisement

Zechs
Outhouse Editor

Liked in: 344 posts
Title: Deposted Despot
Formerly: Blight, Deacon Frost, Heinrich Himmler of S_D

Re: New Creative Teams for Batman and Justice League Beyond

Postby Zechs » Fri Mar 29, 2013 3:04 pm

Please let it be who I think it is. If not.. it's a win given it isn't Babs.

sdsichero wrote:
I especially like and admire Zechs. He's everything I wish I could be!

Dragavon wrote:Zechs... is...

Zechs...is...

I can't say it. It's too horrible. Zechs...is...not...wrong...

IvCNuB4
Staff Writer

Liked in: 553 posts
Title: Stop messing with my TITLE !

Postby IvCNuB4 » Fri Mar 29, 2013 3:22 pm

Dick's daughter ?
Victorian Squid wrote:In a DC/Marvel cross-over "all your favorite Marvel characters would catch contextually-transmitted diseases and Steph infections."

Zechs
Outhouse Editor

Liked in: 344 posts
Title: Deposted Despot
Formerly: Blight, Deacon Frost, Heinrich Himmler of S_D

Postby Zechs » Fri Mar 29, 2013 3:40 pm

IvCNuB4 wrote:Dick's daughter ?

:shock: Higgins got to do his Cassandra is Dick's kid subplot. :shock:

sdsichero wrote:
I especially like and admire Zechs. He's everything I wish I could be!

Dragavon wrote:Zechs... is...

Zechs...is...

I can't say it. It's too horrible. Zechs...is...not...wrong...

Amoebas
Son of Stein

Liked in: 644 posts
Title: Amorphous Anomoly

Postby Amoebas » Fri Mar 29, 2013 3:46 pm

Like to see Gage somewhere new.

misac
Outhouse Editor

Liked in: 262 posts

Postby misac » Fri Mar 29, 2013 4:02 pm