Advertisement

WonderCon 2013: James Robinson Spotlight

Discuss the latest comic book news and front page articles, read or post your own reviews of comics, and talk about anything comic book related. Threads from the two subforums below will also show up here. News Stand topics can also be read and posted in from The Asylum.

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

Victorian Squid
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 2 posts
Formerly: Schmormerly

Re: WonderCon 2013: James Robinson Spotlight

Postby Victorian Squid » Sat Mar 30, 2013 6:26 pm

You need to get a little icon of a horn for these threads, I don't give a crap about the OP and so I almost missed this one. :smt012

Advertisement

Herald
biny little tird

Liked in: 277 posts
Title: Fun for the Whole Family!!

Postby Herald » Sat Mar 30, 2013 6:28 pm

alaska1125 wrote:I feel like somewhere there is a bridge or two on fire... :smt102

"A bridge to NOWHERE..."

alaska1125
dINGO

Liked in: 132 posts

Postby alaska1125 » Sat Mar 30, 2013 6:37 pm

Herald wrote:
"A bridge to NOWHERE..."

So serious question with no snark intended: Is it completely unfathomable to you that Jude made an honest, sincere attempt to give you a wider audience to whom you could posit your thoughts on the decade long decline of the DCU?

bkthomson
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 34 posts
Title: Invisible Man of the Outhouse

Postby bkthomson » Sat Mar 30, 2013 6:39 pm

alaska1125 wrote:So serious question with no snark intended: Is it completely unfathomable to you that Jude made an honest, sincere attempt to give you a wider audience to whom you could posit your thoughts on the decade long decline of the DCU?

Jude is being honest and does want to give him an outlet.
I used to have goals. They were evil goals, but they were goals. -- Dr. Heinz Doofenshmirtz

Dragavon wrote:He's being diplomatic again. :lol:

Zechs wrote:I have to repress you more. You're way too goodie two shoes.

Fat Ollie Weeks wrote:I swear to God, you are so boring sometimes I think you're just a stealth-mod-bot that Jude has coded.

alaska1125
dINGO

Liked in: 132 posts

Postby alaska1125 » Sat Mar 30, 2013 6:40 pm

bkthomson wrote:Jude is being honest and does want to give him an outlet.

No, I get that. I'm just asking Herald if that's an inconceivable notion to him. I think that point/counterpoint idea is a great one.

Herald
biny little tird

Postby Herald » Sat Mar 30, 2013 6:51 pm

alaska1125 wrote:So serious question with no snark intended: Is it completely unfathomable to you that Jude made an honest, sincere attempt to give you a wider audience to whom you could posit your thoughts on the decade long decline of the DCU?

Given the words "honest" and "sincere", YES.

Think about it: If I exasperate him so much -- and it's all-too clear that I do -- why would he want to deal with me on a greater basis??

If he doesn't like how I state things -- and it's all-too clear that he doesn't -- then why is he interested in having to edit such statements on a regular basis??

He doesn't like what I say and how I say it, and that in itself is fine... but here he is, asking for MORE?? Really?? It's on the level of the old joke, "This food tastes TERRIBLE! And such SMALL PORTIONS!" :roll:

So yeah, that line got tired a long time ago, and I'm sure not buying it now.

S.F. Jude Terror
OMCTO

Liked in: 643 posts
Title: Webmaster Supreme
Formerly: Dr. Jude Terror

Postby S.F. Jude Terror » Sat Mar 30, 2013 7:00 pm

It's cute that Herald thinks I don't like him. I am actually fond of you Herald. That doesn't mean I don't find your style of argument tiresome. But I don't dislike you.
I LOVE BLUD BLOOD! - Rob Liefeld

bkthomson
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Postby bkthomson » Sat Mar 30, 2013 7:04 pm

S.F. Jude Terror wrote:It's cute that Herald thinks I don't like him. I am actually fond of you Herald. That doesn't mean I don't find your style of argument tiresome. But I don't dislike you.

Second this statement.
I used to have goals. They were evil goals, but they were goals. -- Dr. Heinz Doofenshmirtz

Fat Ollie Weeks wrote:I swear to God, you are so boring sometimes I think you're just a stealth-mod-bot that Jude has coded.

Herald
biny little tird

Postby Herald » Sat Mar 30, 2013 7:06 pm

S.F. Jude Terror wrote:It's cute that Herald thinks I don't like him. I am actually fond of you Herald. That doesn't mean I don't find your style of argument tiresome. But I don't dislike you.

I don't care if you do or don't, but much of what you've been saying demonstrates that you don't, despite your claims otherwise. Again, that's fine.

But I point out again: Since you find my style of argument tiresome, then there's no reason for you to want me submitting such an argument to you on a regular basis. If you think the food is terrible, don't ask for a larger portion; that's idiocy.

Herald
biny little tird

Postby Herald » Sat Mar 30, 2013 7:09 pm

bkthomson wrote:Second this statement.

Oh, please. You go after me at every turn. This thread's bogus "warning" and its idiotic "justification" only underscore your issue with me.

Seriously, if you guys are going to lie, at least make sure they're PLAUSIBLE lies. :roll:
Last edited by Herald on Sat Mar 30, 2013 7:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

S.F. Jude Terror
OMCTO

Postby S.F. Jude Terror » Sat Mar 30, 2013 7:10 pm

Herald wrote:
I don't care if you do or don't, but much of what you've been saying demonstrates that you don't, despite your claims otherwise. Again, that's fine.

But I point out again: Since you find my style of argument tiresome, then there's no reason for you to want me submitting such an argument to you on a regular basis. If you think the food is terrible, don't ask for a larger portion; that's idiocy.

I can't believe I'm being drawn into an argument about this. :lol:

Just because I find arguing with you tedious doesn't mean that I wouldn't find an organized debate involving you and someone else interesting.

Here's why. In a debate column, there is a finite space for the argument. Say, for instance, you each made three points, and rebutted three points. You'd all have a finite space to get your thoughts in. You'd work to get your thoughts as concise and organized as possible in order to be effective at getting them across in that space.

On the other hand, when you argue on the forum, it goes on forever and ever and ever until the other people just give up. There's no conclusion, no payoff, no end in sight. That's what I find tiresome about it.

I think a debate, such as the VS. you participated in which, again, was very good, would be a much more effective use of your "talents."

But whatever. You will continue to argue with me about even this. :lol:

Herald
biny little tird

Postby Herald » Sat Mar 30, 2013 7:19 pm

S.F. Jude Terror wrote:
I can't believe I'm being drawn into an argument about this. :lol:

Then by all means, don't argue. I never asked for ANY of this in the first place.

Just don't bother asking me about this whole "blog/discussion" thing again. You already made mention of my "style of argument", which would be the same style I'd bring to any blog, etc. Since you've said repeatedly that you don't like it, there's no point in me signing up to deliver it to you on any regular basis.

S.F. Jude Terror
OMCTO

Postby S.F. Jude Terror » Sat Mar 30, 2013 7:25 pm

Right, because I haven't clearly explained the difference three or four times in this thread. :lol:

Ok man. :lol:

bkthomson
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Postby bkthomson » Sat Mar 30, 2013 8:53 pm

Herald wrote:
Oh, please. You go after me at every turn. This thread's bogus "warning" and its idiotic "justification" only underscore your issue with me.

Seriously, if you guys are going to lie, at least make sure they're PLAUSIBLE lies. :roll:

I'm not lying.

holtom2000
Motherfucker from Hell

Liked in: 61 posts

Postby holtom2000 » Sat Mar 30, 2013 9:01 pm

My big complaint about Robinson is he got to mine dc's great history and create a great starman series. And now we will never get anything like that ever again

leave a comment with facebook

PreviousNext

Return to The News Stand