Advertisement

Details emerge about Marvel's Infinity Event

Discuss the latest comic book news and front page articles, read or post your own reviews of comics, and talk about anything comic book related. Threads from the two subforums below will also show up here. News Stand topics can also be read and posted in from The Asylum.

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

GHERU

YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 482 posts

Re: Details emerge about Marvel's Infinity Event

Postby GHERU » Mon Apr 01, 2013 7:32 pm

Keb wrote:Obviously they haven't been made aware of Tumblr or they would.

:lol:
HEY!
:smt013

:lol:
RUviews
Benderbrau wrote:Welcome to the Outhouse. Where civility means you're doing it wrong.

Advertisement

Johnny Smith
Motherfucker from Hell

Liked in: 179 posts
Title: Metadata Broker

Postby Johnny Smith » Mon Apr 01, 2013 7:49 pm

GHERU wrote:seriously
at some point in time, these aliens have to realize that the Earth isn't worth the trouble

Yes, they should be afraid of the species responsible for Honey Boo Boo

TheSecondLex
cheese

Liked in: 0 post
Formerly: alexeiluthor

Postby TheSecondLex » Mon Apr 01, 2013 11:06 pm

fieldy snuts wrote:I think it's more pride after he's been constantly owned by humans every time while the rest of the universe falls so easily. .

Actually I think this is his entire shtick theses days. I just got Essential Captain Marvel vol2 in the mail today and have been blazing thru it, and Thanos basically comes to a similar conclusion:

Mar-Vell, kill him! Drax! Dead! Neidermeyer, dead! Moondragon? I don't know who she is but she's dead too!

So yeah.

Also, about this Infinity event? I've said it before, I'll say it agin': needs more Warlock.
vinnypic wrote:War is necessary. Cops are necessary. One is a necessary evil. one is a necessary force of good. failure to grasp that distinction means you're a high functioning retard.

Juan Cena
DANG!

Liked in: 211 posts
Title: The Lyrical Peyton Manning

Postby Juan Cena » Mon Apr 01, 2013 11:34 pm

Johnny Smith wrote:
Yes, they should be afraid of the species responsible for Honey Boo Boo

They've seen worse. Honey Brood Brood is the most popular show on Sha'ir Galaxy cable.

"I have my heroes, but no one knows their names"
- Sons of the Desert

Strict31 wrote:I'm not sure that combining the nigh-uncontrollable power of LOLtron with the Nacireman is a good idea. Some years from now, when mankind is on the verge of extinction, we'll be able to look back and remember this moment, and say, "DANG."

http://www.shirtswithrandomtriangles.com/

Check out Christmas in Nacirema
http://www.pandora.com/?sc=sh619160960893481469&shareImp=true#!/stations/play/619160960893481469

Juan Cena
DANG!

Postby Juan Cena » Mon Apr 01, 2013 11:37 pm

TheSecondLex wrote:

Actually I think this is his entire shtick theses days. I just got Essential Captain Marvel vol2 in the mail today and have been blazing thru it, and Thanos basically comes to a similar conclusion:

Mar-Vell, kill him! Drax! Dead! Neidermeyer, dead! Moondragon? I don't know who she is but she's dead too!

So yeah.

Also, about this Infinity event? I've said it before, I'll say it agin': needs more Warlock.

Yeah, I read the Avengers vs. Thanos TPB and I wasn't too impressed.

- Sons of the Desert

Strict31 wrote:I'm not sure that combining the nigh-uncontrollable power of LOLtron with the Nacireman is a good idea. Some years from now, when mankind is on the verge of extinction, we'll be able to look back and remember this moment, and say, "DANG."

http://www.pandora.com/?sc=sh619160960893481469&shareImp=true#!/stations/play/619160960893481469

chap22
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 175 posts
Title: Pretentious curmudgeon

Postby chap22 » Tue Apr 02, 2013 8:43 am

Juan Cena wrote:Yeah, I read the Avengers vs. Thanos TPB and I wasn't too impressed.

and this is (yet another in a LONG line of reasons) why you fail.
rdrsfn82 wrote:Chap is right.

john lewis wrote:I got nothing but respect for [Chap]

jsalwen wrote:You're the man, Chap.

DMM wrote:Chap knows what he's talking about.

MoneyMelon wrote:chap is right about pretty much everything

GOSD wrote:chap FTW!

Ntikrst wrote:Chap's right

oogy wrote:All those quotes in your sig ain't lying.

sdsichero
2k11 Outhouse People's Champion

Liked in: 874 posts
Title: Adventure is out there
Formerly: beta-ray

Postby sdsichero » Tue Apr 02, 2013 10:59 am

GHERU wrote:seriously
at some point in time, these aliens have to realize that the Earth isn't worth the trouble

They were going to leave us alone but then Hostess got bought and will produce Earth's most valuable resource.

Ask Jude.

Draco x
Zombie Guard

Liked in: 462 posts

Postby Draco x » Tue Apr 02, 2013 3:11 pm

Log-Man wrote:It's too bad the Earth doesn't have 50 million other heroes waiting in the wings. Or is Thanos only attacking Manhattan?

Manhattan is apparently a trouble magnet for all super-villains in comicdom.

Juan Cena
DANG!

Postby Juan Cena » Tue Apr 02, 2013 5:41 pm

draco x wrote:
Manhattan is apparently a trouble magnet for all super-villains in comicdom.

You can blame that on Marvel books set outside NYC metropolitan area to be mostly underperformers.

- Sons of the Desert

sdsichero
2k11 Outhouse People's Champion

Liked in: 874 posts
Title: Adventure is out there
Formerly: beta-ray

Postby sdsichero » Tue Apr 02, 2013 7:55 pm

Okay I'm liking it more.

Marvel Unveils New "Infinity" Details

'Avengers' will follow the Avengers on their mission into space, and 'New Avengers' will be dealing with the Illuminati team on Earth. But while it seems like two stories, it's all really one massive story with many arms and many parts...Maybe even some Spaceknights."

Hickman noted, "On Earth: The Illuminati are big. The Inhumans have a big coming out party. In Space: All your favorites. The return of the Skrull Empire. The Imperial Guard. The Kree. The Shi'ar. The Second Annhilation Wave. The Brood. The Spartax. And then there are the bad guys."

Hmnnn... This might be an uh oh

"In terms of the longer story I'm doing, yes, consider 'Infinity' as the end of act one. 'Infinity' is massive, but the aftermath is going to be something else." The editor also noted, "'Age Of Ultron' is before 'Infinity,' but it doesn't lead directly into it. It does, however, lead into a bunch of other cool stuff, some of which will happen after 'Infinity!'"

Interesting

As for other heroes from the Marvel U that may show up along the way, the trip promised appearances from Silver Surfer, the X-Men and the cast from the New Universe who have just reappeared. In fact, Hickman said most of the cast of his "Avengers" comics will play a significant role. "Smasher will be all over 'Infinity'. She's got the connection to the Imperial Guard, so she'll be crucial," Brevoort said with Hickman adding, "Big Smasher moments in the Imperial Guard and Space sections of 'Infinity.'"

Alonso noted that Marvel was "still discussing Adam Warlock" but he seemed enthusiastic about the character's future in the modern Marvel U.

Keb
<( ' . ' )>

Liked in: 429 posts
Title: Wastespacer
Formerly: Cocaine Biceps

Postby Keb » Tue Apr 02, 2013 8:02 pm

Yay now I have to find money to pay for all of this...

TheSecondLex
cheese

Postby TheSecondLex » Tue Apr 02, 2013 9:24 pm

sdsichero wrote:Okay I'm liking it more.

Marvel Unveils New "Infinity" Details

Hmnnn... This might be an uh oh
'"

Alonso noted that Marvel was "still discussing Adam Warlock" but he seemed enthusiastic about the character's future in the modern Marvel U.
[/quote]

Okay, this is going on my list of cool shit to read. Heck, I'm even enjoying the crap out of Age of Ultron. There's something delicious about cool superheroes meeting lame-ass ends (even if I wish they had made Ultron rather like Dean Stockwell in BSG, but whatever).

And about Avengers vs Thanos/Essential Captain Marvel: it's nice to see him fight Thanos literally every issue for like ten issues, and way cooler to see the Supreme Intelligence pop in, but it tends to wear on. The one moment of coolness was when Rick and Mar are on Hala and Rick's like oh what's that, and Mar's like yeah that's the Scient--er, Universal Church of Truth, bitch.

Now I'm imagining some kind of Magus/Ronan team-up where they spend six issues punking each other...hmm.
vinnypic wrote:War is necessary. Cops are necessary. One is a necessary evil. one is a necessary force of good. failure to grasp that distinction means you're a high functioning retard.

Juan Cena
DANG!

Postby Juan Cena » Tue Apr 02, 2013 10:32 pm

TheSecondLex wrote:

And about Avengers vs Thanos/Essential Captain Marvel: it's nice to see him fight Thanos literally every issue for like ten issues, and way cooler to see the Supreme Intelligence pop in, but it tends to wear on. The one moment of coolness was when Rick and Mar are on Hala and Rick's like oh what's that, and Mar's like yeah that's the Scient--er, Universal Church of Truth, bitch.
[/quote]

That's not a nice thing to say about The Matriarch!

- Sons of the Desert

TheSecondLex
cheese

Postby TheSecondLex » Tue Apr 02, 2013 11:03 pm

I'm waiting for the issue where Mar-Vell jumps up and down on the sofa shouting 'I Love Una!'

yeah. 2005 joke there for you.

e_galston
Staff Writer

Liked in: 712 posts
Formerly: Sitebreaker

Postby e_galston » Tue Apr 02, 2013 11:17 pm

Juan Cena wrote:

You can blame that on Marvel books set outside NYC metropolitan area to be mostly underperformers.

you mean like all the x-books that for like 4 years we set in SF...

leave a comment with facebook

PreviousNext

Return to The News Stand