Advertisement

Super ABC Draft

This is the main board on The Outhouse, where Outhousers talk about everything. No topics are off limits, and it doesn't have to be about comics. All the topics from the other boards also show up in The Asylum, so you never have to leave1

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

TS Punk
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 274 posts
Title: I'm a Paul Heyman Guy.
Formerly: T-Rex

Re: Super ABC Draft

Postby TS Punk » Mon Apr 01, 2013 11:06 pm

e_galston wrote:Again you are welcome Troy!!

:lol: I know I can't believe I didn't think of Henshaw!

Advertisement

e_galston
Staff Writer

Liked in: 324 posts
Formerly: Sitebreaker

Postby e_galston » Mon Apr 01, 2013 11:08 pm

Tattooed Jesus wrote:
:lol: I know I can't believe I didn't think of Henshaw!

to be honest, i was looking through the H's on the micro site and couldn't figure out an h that would fit.. then i just accidentally came across Henshaw, and couldn't believe i didn't think of it before...

Grayson
Outhouse Drafter

Liked in: 589 posts
Title: The Intersect
Formerly: Sakie

Postby Grayson » Mon Apr 01, 2013 11:11 pm

S is for Cliff Secord, the Rocketeer!

Three Teams from across time and space fight separately against an ancient and undying evil...

In a time of civil unrest, a group of gunslingers have each stepped through doors from their world and ended up in the deadly and mysterious In-World. Together they must traverse In-World, Mid-World, and End-World in hopes of discovering what supernatural force has brought them together and what evil awaits them when they return home.

The Gunslingers

By Cullen Bunn and Brian Hurtt
Covers by Jae Lee

ImageImageImageImageImageImage

Drake Sinclair, Scalphunter (Brian Savage/Ke-Woh-No-Tay), Lone Ranger, Nighthawk, BillJohn O'Henry, Roland Deschain

During World War II, a group of remarkable men banded together to combat the Nazi menace. Together with one of the world's foremost archeologists, they uncovered an even more insidious plot that reaches from the past into the distant future. Resolved to do whatever they can to save the world, they are...

The Avenging Society of Justice

By Ed Brubaker and Francesco Francavilla
Covers by David Aja and Mike Mignola

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Black Beetle, Iron Fist (Orson Randall), Gray Ghost, Indiana Jones, Lobster Johnson, The Phantom, The Rocketeer (Cliff Secord)

From the furthest reaches of space comes the unlikeliest group of heroes. How can this dysfunctional crew exist within the confines of the small Firefly-class ship Serenity while also saving humanity from a fate that has been in the works for over a thousand years?

The Fear Agents

By Rick Remender and Tony Moore
Covers by Gabriele Dell'Otto

ImageImageImageImageImage

The Will, Archangel (Garrus Vakarian), Heath Huston, Captain Malcolm Reynolds, Starlord (Peter Quill)

From beyond the grave, a group of immortal beings based on some of the most fearsome ghouls to ever haunt humanity's nightmares have joined forces to unleash a plan that will destroy life as we know it. So fearsome is this gathering of villains that it will take 3 generations of heroes to even hope to have a chance to stand against them.

The Undying

Xarus, Baba Yaga, Arnim Zola, Solomon Grundy (Cyrus Gold), Mumm-Ra the Ever-Living
Last edited by Grayson on Tue Apr 02, 2013 6:14 pm, edited 2 times in total.
ImageImageImage

e_galston
Staff Writer

Postby e_galston » Mon Apr 01, 2013 11:25 pm

Tattooed Jesus wrote:
Probably just best to take a break til you get back then.

yeah i think so too... we'll finish this one then start up again with something like the last week in april.

TS Punk
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Postby TS Punk » Tue Apr 02, 2013 7:31 am

e_galston wrote:
yeah i think so too... we'll finish this one then start up again with something like the last week in april.

Sounds good to me!

HNutz
PЦИKЧ ВЯЁ&#106

Liked in: 370 posts

Postby HNutz » Tue Apr 02, 2013 11:19 am

Great Rebellion

Masters of the Universe

ImageImageImageImage

Royal Family of Eternia

ImageImageImage
(Orko's simply the Court Jester. Along with Adam and Adora, of course, but they're pictured elsewhere)

Evil Warriors

Evil Horde

Adora/She-Ra
Beast Man
Count Marzo
Duncan/Man-At-Arms
Evil-Lyn
Fisto
Glimmer
Hordak
Imp
Jitsu
Keldor/Skeletor
Leech
Mer-Man
Netossa
Orko
Prince Adam/He-Man
Queen Marlena
King Randor
Stratos
Teela
Uncle Montork
Vultak
Webstor

*I'm digging that Adora/She-Ra picture and I tried doing the same thing with Adam/He-man. That... was the best I could find. Any help?

[Reveal] Spoiler: Click to Expand
I really like some of the match ups I've drafted. There's loads of story potential, but especially with:

Adora vs. Hordak (Remember, in the cartoon he kidnapped her as a kid and tried to brainwash her)
Hordak vs. Skeletor
Man At Arms vs. Fisto (they didn't really get along, IIRC)
Fisto vs. Jitsu
She-Ra vs. Beast Man (they can both talk to animals)
Orko vs. Imp
He-Man vs. Skeletor
Adam vs. Teela (trying to keep his secret)
Randor vs. Keldor
Marlena vs. Keldor (I'd build on their relationship as in-laws)
Prince Adam vs. King Randor (Trying to hide his secret identity as He-Man. It's been theorized that his mother knows or at least suspects)
Prince Adam vs. Teela (in keeping his secret)
Teela vs. Evil Lyn
Stratos vs. Vultak
Uncle Montork vs. Vultak
Webstor vs. Man-At-Arms (I could see him constantly breaking into Duncan's lab to steal his new doodads)
Webstor vs. Stratos

Uncle Montork... I was a little hesitant about picking him, but I think he'll be a good replacement for Madame Razz. Also, I could see my Vultak going after him a bit.

Regarding power levels... there's a lot of power available. But it's limited. So, if Adora's She-Ra, she has access to all of the power. But if Adam's He-Man at the same time... they're both drawing from it. Kinda like the Marvel family.

Also, I'd put Eternia and Etheria on the same planet. They'd be far apart, but still related. So the threat of Hordak invading Eternia is always an option.

With Vultak the vulture man, I'd like to expand on the concept a bit. Instead of simply being in charge of the Horde's zoo, I'd have him as more of a scavenger or hoarder, who collects weapons from fallen foes (like Barricade from Transformers Animated) along with rare animals (which puts him up against the Trollan Uncle Montork often).
Last edited by HNutz on Tue Apr 02, 2013 7:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

pastajoe
Zombie Guard

Liked in: 264 posts

Postby pastajoe » Tue Apr 02, 2013 5:43 pm

AVM City (Animal Vegetable Mineral)

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Cernunnos, Beta Ray Bill, Angus, Zorak, Yeti,
Xax, Weed, Verminus Rex, Usagi Yojimbo, Timberius,
Spaceopoly Lad, Rocket Raccoon, Quill, Pumice, Offset, Nant,
Medphyll, Lagoon Boy, Kritter, Jade Dragon, Iguana, Hellgramite, Griffen

BubbaKanoosh
2009 Most Valuable Poster

Liked in: 426 posts
Formerly: BRBKanoosh

Postby BubbaKanoosh » Tue Apr 02, 2013 8:19 pm

9Ts-Force

S-Superman
T-Thor
U-USAgent
V-Vision
W-Wonder Woman
X-X-Treme
Y-Yondu
Z-Zauriel
A-Azrael Batman
B-Booster Gold
C-Captain America
D-Dane Whitman
E-Emma Frost
F-Falcon
G-Guy Gardner/Warrior
H-Hawkeye
I-invisible Woman
J-Johnny Blaze
K-Kymeara
L-Logan
M-Matt Murdock
N-Nova
O-Obsidian

e_galston
Staff Writer

Postby e_galston » Tue Apr 02, 2013 11:00 pm

S is for Songbird

Vindicator, Wanda Maximoff, X-23, Yellowjacket, Zarda Shelton, Rogue (Anna Marie), Betsy Braddock, Captain Marvel, Dazzler, Els Udonta, Frenzy, Gamora, Husk, Ikon, Firestar (Angelica Jones), Kate Bishop, Lifeguard, Marrina, Black Widow (Natasha Romanoff), Storm (Ororo Munroe), Polaris, Quasar, Diamondback (Rachel Leighton), Songbird

TS Punk
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Postby TS Punk » Wed Apr 03, 2013 6:25 am

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

L - Linda Danvers aka Supergirl
M - Mon-El
N - Nightwing Lor-Zod
O - Jimmy Olsen
P - Power Girl
Q - Quex-Ul
R - Reactron
S - Superboy Conner Kent
T - Titano
U - Ursa
V - Van-Zee
W - Wade Eiling aka Shaggyman
X- Xonur
Y - Yango the Super Ape
Z - General Zod
A - Alexander "Lex" Luthor
B - Bizarro
C - Cir-El
D - Doomsday
E - Eradicator
F- Flamebird Thara Ak-Var
G- Guardian
H - Hank Henshaw Cyborg Superman
I - Imperiex

Grayson
Outhouse Drafter

Liked in: 589 posts
Title: The Intersect
Formerly: Sakie

Postby Grayson » Wed Apr 03, 2013 9:42 am

T is for Thane Krios!

Three Teams from across time and space fight separately against an ancient and undying evil...

In a time of civil unrest, a group of gunslingers have each stepped through doors from their world and ended up in the deadly and mysterious In-World. Together they must traverse In-World, Mid-World, and End-World in hopes of discovering what supernatural force has brought them together and what evil awaits them when they return home.

The Gunslingers

By Cullen Bunn and Brian Hurtt
Covers by Jae Lee

Drake Sinclair, Scalphunter (Brian Savage/Ke-Woh-No-Tay), Lone Ranger, Nighthawk, BillJohn O'Henry, Roland Deschain

During World War II, a group of remarkable men banded together to combat the Nazi menace. Together with one of the world's foremost archeologists, they uncovered an even more insidious plot that reaches from the past into the distant future. Resolved to do whatever they can to save the world, they are...

The Avenging Society of Justice

By Ed Brubaker and Francesco Francavilla
Covers by David Aja and Mike Mignola

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Black Beetle, Iron Fist (Orson Randall), Gray Ghost, Indiana Jones, Lobster Johnson, The Phantom, The Rocketeer (Cliff Secord)

From the furthest reaches of space comes the unlikeliest group of heroes. How can this dysfunctional crew exist within the confines of the small Firefly-class ship Serenity while also saving humanity from a fate that has been in the works for over a thousand years?

The Fear Agents

By Rick Remender and Tony Moore
Covers by Gabriele Dell'Otto

The Will, Archangel (Garrus Vakarian), Heath Huston, Captain Malcolm Reynolds, Starlord (Peter Quill), Thane Krios

From beyond the grave, a group of immortal beings based on some of the most fearsome ghouls to ever haunt humanity's nightmares have joined forces to unleash a plan that will destroy life as we know it. So fearsome is this gathering of villains that it will take 3 generations of heroes to even hope to have a chance to stand against them.

The Undying

Xarus, Baba Yaga, Arnim Zola, Solomon Grundy (Cyrus Gold), Mumm-Ra the Ever-Living
ImageImageImage

HNutz
PЦИKЧ ВЯЁ&#106

Postby HNutz » Wed Apr 03, 2013 12:50 pm

Great Rebellion

Masters of the Universe

ImageImageImageImage

Royal Family of Eternia

ImageImageImage
(Orko's simply the Court Jester. Along with Adam and Adora, of course, but they're pictured elsewhere)

Evil Warriors

Evil Horde

Adora/She-Ra
Beast Man
Count Marzo
Duncan/Man-At-Arms
Evil-Lyn
Fisto
Glimmer
Hordak
Imp
Jitsu
Keldor/Skeletor
Leech
Mer-Man
Netossa
Orko
Prince Adam/He-Man
Queen Marlena
King Randor
Stratos
Teela
Uncle Montork
Vultak
Webstor
EXtendar

Yeah, I had to "cheat" a little for my X...

*I'm digging that Adora/She-Ra picture and I tried doing the same thing with Adam/He-man. That... was the best I could find. Any help?

[Reveal] Spoiler: Click to Expand
I really like some of the match ups I've drafted. There's loads of story potential, but especially with:

Adora vs. Hordak (Remember, in the cartoon he kidnapped her as a kid and tried to brainwash her)
Hordak vs. Skeletor
Man At Arms vs. Fisto (they didn't really get along, IIRC)
Fisto vs. Jitsu
She-Ra vs. Beast Man (they can both talk to animals)
Orko vs. Imp
He-Man vs. Skeletor
Adam vs. Teela (trying to keep his secret)
Randor vs. Keldor
Marlena vs. Keldor (I'd build on their relationship as in-laws)
Prince Adam vs. King Randor (Trying to hide his secret identity as He-Man. It's been theorized that his mother knows or at least suspects)
Prince Adam vs. Teela (in keeping his secret)
Teela vs. Evil Lyn
Stratos vs. Vultak
Uncle Montork vs. Vultak
Webstor vs. Man-At-Arms (I could see him constantly breaking into Duncan's lab to steal his new doodads)
Webstor vs. Stratos
Extendar vs. Hordak (Hordak turned him into a cyborg and tried to brainwash him into becoming a villain)

Uncle Montork... I was a little hesitant about picking him, but I think he'll be a good replacement for Madame Razz. Also, I could see my Vultak going after him a bit.

Regarding power levels... there's a lot of power available. But it's limited. So, if Adora's She-Ra, she has access to all of the power. But if Adam's He-Man at the same time... they're both drawing from it. Kinda like the Marvel family.

Also, I'd put Eternia and Etheria on the same planet. They'd be far apart, but still related. So the threat of Hordak invading Eternia is always an option.

With Vultak the vulture man, I'd like to expand on the concept a bit. Instead of simply being in charge of the Horde's zoo, I'd have him as more of a scavenger or hoarder, who collects weapons from fallen foes (like Barricade from Transformers Animated) along with rare animals (which puts him up against the Trollan Uncle Montork often, along with some of the other Masters, like Extendar).

Originally, I had Extendar with the Masters but, after reading his backstory, it seems that Hordak converted him into a cyborg to use him as a weapon. After reading that, he seemed a better fit for the Rebellion. Keeping that in mind, I'd like to see him and Adora get along pretty well, since they were both brainwashed by the Evil Horde (and they both overcame it).

e_galston
Staff Writer

Postby e_galston » Wed Apr 03, 2013 1:25 pm

yeah you did cheat... you don't see anyone else doing that did you??

HNutz
PЦИKЧ ВЯЁ&#106

Postby HNutz » Wed Apr 03, 2013 1:44 pm

e_galston wrote:yeah you did cheat... you don't see anyone else doing that did you??

It wasn't like there's tons of "X" names and I ignored them all.

e_galston
Staff Writer

Postby e_galston » Wed Apr 03, 2013 1:51 pm

HNutz wrote:
It wasn't like there's tons of "X" names and I ignored them all.

whatever... i guess i'll start looking for characters that have a U in the second letter

leave a comment with facebook

PreviousNext

Return to The Asylum