Advertisement

The Official Outhouse All Wrestling Thread!

This is the main board on The Outhouse, where Outhousers talk about everything. No topics are off limits, and it doesn't have to be about comics. All the topics from the other boards also show up in The Asylum, so you never have to leave1

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

fieldy snuts
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 271 posts
Title: Burrr
Formerly: Sweet James Jones

Re: The Official Outhouse All Wrestling Thread!

Postby fieldy snuts » Sun Mar 31, 2013 8:29 pm

The report on the Charlie Haas thing I read said that he was actually crying throughout the match and seemed like he was wasted throughout his rambling 'promo'. If this was a work, it came off as more tragic than a gripping story.

Well there goes my dream of wanting to the TWGTT in TNA.

Advertisement

Johnny Smith
Motherfucker from Hell

Liked in: 166 posts
Title: Metadata Broker

Postby Johnny Smith » Mon Apr 01, 2013 11:33 am

Punchy wrote:I really enjoyed Smackdown this week, Sheamus, Orton and Big Show faced the awesome team of The Rhodes Scholars and Cesaro, which was just a perfect trio, and there was an amazing moment where Show literally threw Cesaro into an RKO.

Also, the Ryback/Mark Henry powerlifting contest was a lot better than I expected it to be, I wonder if they really did break the record or if the weights were light. Either way, I'm pumped for that match.

I'm also really excited for the Hell No/Ziggy & Big E match, the mixed tag was fun, I really like AJ's acting, you really believe she's nuts. Plus, she and Kaitlyn are nice to look at.

You forgot to mention the triumphant return of Big Johnny :lol:

Grayson
Outhouse Drafter

Liked in: 1133 posts
Title: The Intersect
Formerly: Sakie

Postby Grayson » Mon Apr 01, 2013 12:02 pm

This isn't really news, I just thought it was a cool story. Last night on AMC's Talking Dead, Community's Yvette Nicole Brown gave a shout out to CM Punk who she had appeared with earlier in the season. She mentioned that Punk had bought her the Walking Dead books so that she could catch up. Like I said nothing important, just a neat story and I thought it was cool that Punk would do that for her.

misac
Outhouse Editor

Liked in: 172 posts

Postby misac » Mon Apr 01, 2013 12:44 pm

syxxpakk wrote:Charlie Haas apparently retired last night. Lots of rumors that he had a blow up with Delirious and Kevin Kelly at the ROH show. May, and take this one with a grain of salt, have had a physical altercation with Grizzly Redwood.

Could all be a work, though.

I was looking forward to his match against Shelton Benjamin. :?

misac
Outhouse Editor

Postby misac » Mon Apr 01, 2013 12:48 pm

Punchy wrote:I really enjoyed Smackdown this week, Sheamus, Orton and Big Show faced the awesome team of The Rhodes Scholars and Cesaro, which was just a perfect trio, and there was an amazing moment where Show literally threw Cesaro into an RKO.

Also, the Ryback/Mark Henry powerlifting contest was a lot better than I expected it to be, I wonder if they really did break the record or if the weights were light. Either way, I'm pumped for that match.

I'm also really excited for the Hell No/Ziggy & Big E match, the mixed tag was fun, I really like AJ's acting, you really believe she's nuts. Plus, she and Kaitlyn are nice to look at.

It was much more enjoyable that recent episodes.

I did think Cesaro fit with those guys, I liked it.

Those guys made the weightlifting seem easy. :shock:

I’m liking Team Hell No feud, lots of history there.

misac
Outhouse Editor

Postby misac » Mon Apr 01, 2013 12:49 pm

Johnny Smith wrote:

Yes! Missed his theme song. :lol:

misac
Outhouse Editor

Postby misac » Mon Apr 01, 2013 12:50 pm

Grayson wrote:This isn't really news, I just thought it was a cool story. Last night on AMC's Talking Dead, Community's Yvette Nicole Brown gave a shout out to CM Punk who she had appeared with earlier in the season. She mentioned that Punk had bought her the Walking Dead books so that she could catch up. Like I said nothing important, just a neat story and I thought it was cool that Punk would do that for her.

Saw that this morning, she's my favorite guest on that show.

Punchy
Staff Writer

Liked in: 93 posts
Title: This guy, right?

Postby Punchy » Mon Apr 01, 2013 12:56 pm

Johnny Smith wrote:

I'm not very familiar with Laurinatis, but that was a fun promo.

doombug
Staff Writer

Liked in: 207 posts

Postby doombug » Mon Apr 01, 2013 1:08 pm

Grayson wrote:This isn't really news, I just thought it was a cool story. Last night on AMC's Talking Dead, Community's Yvette Nicole Brown gave a shout out to CM Punk who she had appeared with earlier in the season. She mentioned that Punk had bought her the Walking Dead books so that she could catch up. Like I said nothing important, just a neat story and I thought it was cool that Punk would do that for her.

Yeah they became friends during that episode of Talking Dead and I believe Punk is actually a Community fan as well. 8)

kingbeavis
cheese

Liked in: 0 post

Postby kingbeavis » Mon Apr 01, 2013 7:36 pm

I hope Jack Swagger wins at WM. His character is a lot more interesting than ADR. Not sure where it would go after that feud but I want to find out.

Grayson
Outhouse Drafter

Postby Grayson » Mon Apr 01, 2013 7:44 pm

kingbeavis wrote:I hope Jack Swagger wins at WM. His character is a lot more interesting than ADR. Not sure where it would go after that feud but I want to find out.

It's too bad that Dolph Ziggler is part of the match for the WWE Tag Team Championship. It would have been nice for him to cash in his Money in the Bank contract against whoever wins the World Heavyweight Championship match. I guess it could still happen though. Maybe Ziggler really will steal the show and walk out of Wrestlemania as one half of the WWE Tag Team Champions and the WWE World Heavyweight Champion!
ImageImageImage

kingbeavis
cheese

Liked in: 0 post

Postby kingbeavis » Mon Apr 01, 2013 7:59 pm

Grayson wrote:
It's too bad that Dolph Ziggler is part of the match for the WWE Tag Team Championship. It would have been nice for him to cash in his Money in the Bank contract against whoever wins the World Heavyweight Championship match. I guess it could still happen though. Maybe Ziggler really will steal the show and walk out of Wrestlemania as one half of the WWE Tag Team Champions and the WWE World Heavyweight Champion!

Jack Swagger is more interesting than Ziggler too.

Grayson
Outhouse Drafter

Postby Grayson » Mon Apr 01, 2013 8:09 pm

kingbeavis wrote:Jack Swagger is more interesting than Ziggler too.

I disagree, Zeb Colter is kind of interesting but I don't find Jack Swagger to be anything special. To each their own I suppose. :smt102
ImageImageImage

Juan Cena
DANG!

Liked in: 161 posts
Title: The Lyrical Peyton Manning

Postby Juan Cena » Mon Apr 01, 2013 9:59 pm

A Joy Division video has broken out on Raw.

"I have my heroes, but no one knows their names"
- Sons of the Desert

Strict31 wrote:I'm not sure that combining the nigh-uncontrollable power of LOLtron with the Nacireman is a good idea. Some years from now, when mankind is on the verge of extinction, we'll be able to look back and remember this moment, and say, "DANG."

http://www.shirtswithrandomtriangles.com/

Check out Christmas in Nacirema
http://www.pandora.com/?sc=sh619160960893481469&shareImp=true#!/stations/play/619160960893481469

Sasher McSmasher
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 538 posts
Title: I'm a Paul Heyman Guy.
Formerly: T-Rex

Postby Sasher McSmasher » Mon Apr 01, 2013 11:19 pm

The RAW WM29 go home show was pretty damn good.

Cena had a good not great serious Cena promo. He kept things in check, didn't get silly, showed that the crowd was slightly getting to him but made it own through. Nothing new from Cena and part of me wanted him to just turn and tell the crowd to shut the fuck up even though I know he never can.

Rock was his pretty standard fare as well but he got me excited. He rambled for a bit in parts but again it got me pumped, he makes me want to watch the match even though the match may not be that great.

Taker and Punk, damn gotta admit I was wrong on this one as it may be the most interesting story going into WM and probably will be the best match of the night. Heyman dressed as Bearer tonight and then Punk dumping the ashes from the urn over Taker after he beat his ass, that was well I don't even have words for that. The crowd was more split between Taker and Punk than they were Cena and Rock, they clearly hated Cena, while Punk/Taker was about 50/50. I can't wait to see this match on Sunday and I fully expect both guys to go all out balls to the wall bringing it all and leaving it all. Taker may win Taker may lose but he will know he was in a fight, and I think Punk is going to get his ass beat like he hasn't in a very long time in this match.

Tag Title match up is building nicely as well Ziggler and Bryan always wrestle well against one another but Big E was the star of the match even though he wasn't even in it legally. The way he just ran over Kane outside of the ring and then broke free of the chokeslam then hit Kane with his finisher was just badass! I really hope Ziggler and Big E win the belts and that Dolph cashes in and wins the World title as well.

Del Rio/Swagger stuff was ok but nothing special for me. Fandango/Jericho is building nicely as well, and if Jericho is giving Fandango a chance and probably the biggest win of his career thus far then maybe I should give him another look and not count him out so quickly.

Really the only part of tonights show I didn't like was the stuff with HHH and HBK. They were just boring, the promo did nothing for the match. I know HHH and Brock will beat each others ass thats given and I didn't need any thing else. Having HBK there brings nothing. Making it a retirement match was stupid. HHH was already retired, he came out of retirement to have a retirement match, thats stupid. Win or lose he will probably come out Monday night and retire again anyways, lol.

Pretty good show overall, I was already watching WM anyways but I will say it did make me want to watch more than I already did!

leave a comment with facebook

PreviousNext

Return to The Asylum