Advertisement

The Official Outhouse All Wrestling Thread!

This is the main board on The Outhouse, where Outhousers talk about everything. No topics are off limits, and it doesn't have to be about comics. All the topics from the other boards also show up in The Asylum, so you never have to leave1

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

misac
Outhouse Editor

Liked in: 2 posts

Re: The Official Outhouse All Wrestling Thread!

Postby misac » Tue Apr 02, 2013 12:03 pm

kingbeavis wrote:I hope Jack Swagger wins at WM. His character is a lot more interesting than ADR. Not sure where it would go after that feud but I want to find out.

They just can’t write a likeable face. They’re all smarmy, pandering assholes.

Advertisement

misac
Outhouse Editor

Postby misac » Tue Apr 02, 2013 12:04 pm

Grayson wrote:
It's too bad that Dolph Ziggler is part of the match for the WWE Tag Team Championship. It would have been nice for him to cash in his Money in the Bank contract against whoever wins the World Heavyweight Championship match. I guess it could still happen though. Maybe Ziggler really will steal the show and walk out of Wrestlemania as one half of the WWE Tag Team Champions and the WWE World Heavyweight Champion!

I'd been thinking that, but the way they've been booking him, I don't know. :lol:

misac
Outhouse Editor

Postby misac » Tue Apr 02, 2013 12:07 pm

Tattooed Jesus wrote:The RAW WM29 go home show was pretty damn good.

Cena had a good not great serious Cena promo. He kept things in check, didn't get silly, showed that the crowd was slightly getting to him but made it own through. Nothing new from Cena and part of me wanted him to just turn and tell the crowd to shut the fuck up even though I know he never can.

Rock was his pretty standard fare as well but he got me excited. He rambled for a bit in parts but again it got me pumped, he makes me want to watch the match even though the match may not be that great.

Taker and Punk, damn gotta admit I was wrong on this one as it may be the most interesting story going into WM and probably will be the best match of the night. Heyman dressed as Bearer tonight and then Punk dumping the ashes from the urn over Taker after he beat his ass, that was well I don't even have words for that. The crowd was more split between Taker and Punk than they were Cena and Rock, they clearly hated Cena, while Punk/Taker was about 50/50. I can't wait to see this match on Sunday and I fully expect both guys to go all out balls to the wall bringing it all and leaving it all. Taker may win Taker may lose but he will know he was in a fight, and I think Punk is going to get his ass beat like he hasn't in a very long time in this match.

Tag Title match up is building nicely as well Ziggler and Bryan always wrestle well against one another but Big E was the star of the match even though he wasn't even in it legally. The way he just ran over Kane outside of the ring and then broke free of the chokeslam then hit Kane with his finisher was just badass! I really hope Ziggler and Big E win the belts and that Dolph cashes in and wins the World title as well.

Del Rio/Swagger stuff was ok but nothing special for me. Fandango/Jericho is building nicely as well, and if Jericho is giving Fandango a chance and probably the biggest win of his career thus far then maybe I should give him another look and not count him out so quickly.

Really the only part of tonights show I didn't like was the stuff with HHH and HBK. They were just boring, the promo did nothing for the match. I know HHH and Brock will beat each others ass thats given and I didn't need any thing else. Having HBK there brings nothing. Making it a retirement match was stupid. HHH was already retired, he came out of retirement to have a retirement match, thats stupid. Win or lose he will probably come out Monday night and retire again anyways, lol.

Pretty good show overall, I was already watching WM anyways but I will say it did make me want to watch more than I already did!

I think both Cena and Rock rambled on a bit, at some point I was "what the hell are you talking about" with both of their promos.

misac
Outhouse Editor

Postby misac » Tue Apr 02, 2013 12:07 pm

Punchy wrote:
I think that's what will happen, and AJ will be Divas Champion soon, so Zig E Lee will be like a dominant stable of loveable jerks.

Then Big E can kill Miz for the IC title.

misac
Outhouse Editor

Postby misac » Tue Apr 02, 2013 12:09 pm

When did Brickie start getting along? Anyway, liked Brad Maddox in that segment. They need to use him more.

Punchy
Staff Writer

Liked in: 0 post
Title: Shitlord

Postby Punchy » Tue Apr 02, 2013 12:53 pm

misac wrote:
They just can’t write a likeable face. They’re all smarmy, pandering assholes.

The only truly likeable faces WWE have are Ricardo Rodriguez and Kaitlyn and one of those isn't even a wrestler.

Other than that... Miz is OK sometimes, and Kofi Kingston is too bland to be a jerk, but yeah, most of them are dicks.

Daniel Bryan manages to be a dick and likeable, but he doesn't seem to be a straight-up face, he's the heel in the rivalry between him and Kane, but in their rivalries with others, he's the face.

Cena has been better lately, now that he's being serious.

Punchy
Staff Writer

Liked in: 0 post
Title: Shitlord

Postby Punchy » Tue Apr 02, 2013 12:55 pm

misac wrote:
Then Big E can kill Miz for the IC title.

Yes, that would awesome, and then Ziggler can defeat Cena and unify the titles!

Wishful thinking...

Grayson
Outhouse Drafter

Liked in: 17 posts
Title: The Intersect
Formerly: Sakie

Postby Grayson » Tue Apr 02, 2013 3:23 pm

With Wrestlemania less than a week away, I was thinking about what I would like to see as opposed to what I think will happen. So instead of Wrestlemania predictions, this is what I want to happen:

Tons of Funk (Brodus Clay & Tensai) and The Funkadactyls (Cameron and Naomi) vs. Team Rhodes Scholars (Cody Rhodes & Damien Sandow) and The Bella Twins (Brie and Nikki Bella) - I don't really care much for Tons of Funk, I could care even less about the Funkadactyls or the Bella Twins, and the WWE needs to decide whether or not they are going to keep Team Rhodes Scholars together. If I am being honest, I want Team Rhodes Scholars to win this match and then move on to actually feuding for the WWE Tag Team Championship. Winners - Team Rhodes Scholars and The Bella Twins

Chris Jericho vs. Fandango - After weeks of refusing to wrestle and "You Can't Wrestle" chants, Johnny Curtis needs this win. Period. Fandango doesn't need to get a clean win, he's a heel after all but it would nice for this match to be a showcase of both superstars talent. Winner - Fandango

Brock Lesnar (w/Paul Heyman) vs. Triple H (w/Shawn Michaels) - There is absolutely no question in my mind that I would rather see Brock Lesnar walk away with the victory in this match. However, I know that Triple H is more than likely going to retire soon, so he probably wants to get the win back from Brock at some point. At the end of the day, I expect this match to be pretty brutal and I wouldn't be surprised if Triple H doesn't somehow sneak out of East Rutherford with a victory but goes on to retire the next evening on RAW due to the "injuries" he sustained during the battle. Winner - Triple H

WWE Tag Team Championship Match: Team Hell No (Kane and Daniel Bryan) (c) vs. Dolph Ziggler and Big E Langston (w/ AJ Lee) - This one is a no brainer for me. I like Team Hell No but I like the idea of Dolph Ziggler stealing the show even more. Winner and New WWE Tag Team Champions - Dolph Ziggler and Big E Langston

Ryback vs. Mark Henry - Out of all the matches on the card, this is easily the match that I couldn't care less about. Ryback needs a big win so they will probably give the win to him. Winner - Ryback

Sheamus, Randy Orton & Big Show vs. The Shield (Dean Ambrose, Seth Rollins and Roman Reigns) - This is another match that I am really not that invested in, so I'll just throw a wild theory out there. The Big Show was just sort thrown onto a team with Randy Orton and Sheamus against the Shield, so I suspect that there may be a little more to this story than meets the eye. I am going to go ahead and say that it's going to look like the Shield may have finally met their match until the Big Show pulls a swerve and obliterates his "partners." Perhaps we will discover that the Big Show has been the Sword behind the Shield the entire time...but I doubt it. Winner - No Contest

World Heavyweight Championship Match: Alberto Del Rio (w/ Ricardo Rodriguez) (c) vs. Jack Swagger (w/ Zeb Colter) - This is another no brainer for me. Jack Swagger violated the WWE's Wellness Policy and for that he shouldn't be rewarded with the World Heavyweight Championship. Alberto Del Rio should pick up the win but Jack Swagger should "snap" afterwards and brutally attack Del Rio. Winner - Alberto Del Rio

However, Swagger finally leaves, Dolph Ziggler should cash in his Money in the Bank contract and take the opportunity to steal to show. The newly crowned WWE Tag Team Champion should make quick work of the exhausted Del Rio and walk away with the win. Winner and New World Heavyweight Champion - Dolph Ziggler

The Undertaker vs. CM Punk (w/ Paul Heyman) - This one is simple. I don't like the Undertaker and I don't like the streak. I expect this match to be lengthy and I expect it to be brutal. I honestly expect this match will go to a No Contest at the actual PPV thus allowing CM Punk to add a blemish to the Undertaker's otherwise perfect streak. However, for my purposes, I want CM Punk to win plan and simple. Winner - CM Punk

WWE Championship Match: The Rock (c) vs. John Cena - The WWE will probably give the WWE Championship back to their "Golden Boy" because by Wrestlemania it will have been over 550 days since he last held the title. However, I would like to keep it interesting and pretend that The Rock wasn't just a transitional champ. I am going to say that The Rock will pick up the win but that John Cena will be so enraged over the fact that he lost to The Rock twice, especially after claiming that he let The Rock win, that he will finally snap and attack The Rock afterwards setting up The Rock vs. John Cena III at Extreme Rules. Winner - The Rock
ImageImageImage

Agent of the Bat
Outhouse World Champion

Liked in: 5 posts
Title: I'm a Paul Heyman Guy.
Formerly: T-Rex

Postby Agent of the Bat » Tue Apr 02, 2013 5:57 pm

I pretty much agree with everything you said Grayson! Except I don't think that Big Show or any other established guys should be affiliated with the Shield. If it wasn't gonna be Punk and Heyman it shouldn't be anyone else.

I definitely want Ziggler to win the World and Tag Team titles. Have him then come on RAW and claim the title of Mr. Wrestlmania, saying HBK never did that, he may be the Show Stopper but Ziggler is the Show Stealer!!

syxxpakk

Wrasslin' Fan

Liked in: 8 posts
Title: The Wrasslin' Fan

Postby syxxpakk » Tue Apr 02, 2013 6:02 pm

Absolutely shocked on Troy's thoughts regarding Taker/Punk.

When you're as good as Chael, you can only call out people worse than you.

Juan Cena
DANG!

Title: The Lyrical Peyton Manning

Postby Juan Cena » Tue Apr 02, 2013 6:13 pm

Tattooed Jesus wrote:I pretty much agree with everything you said Grayson! Except I don't think that Big Show or any other established guys should be affiliated with the Shield. If it wasn't gonna be Punk and Heyman it shouldn't be anyone else.

I definitely want Ziggler to win the World and Tag Team titles. Have him then come on RAW and claim the title of Mr. Wrestlmania, saying HBK never did that, he may be the Show Stopper but Ziggler is the Show Stealer!!

If WWE was smart (which it isn't), Heyman and The Shield would be working for Lesnar, with the plan being to take over the WWE.

"I have my heroes, but no one knows their names"
- Sons of the Desert

Strict31 wrote:I'm not sure that combining the nigh-uncontrollable power of LOLtron with the Nacireman is a good idea. Some years from now, when mankind is on the verge of extinction, we'll be able to look back and remember this moment, and say, "DANG."

http://www.shirtswithrandomtriangles.com/

Check out Christmas in Nacirema
http://www.pandora.com/?sc=sh619160960893481469&shareImp=true#!/stations/play/619160960893481469

syxxpakk

Wrasslin' Fan

Liked in: 8 posts
Title: The Wrasslin' Fan

Postby syxxpakk » Tue Apr 02, 2013 6:14 pm

You can count on literally no hands the number of times an invasion/takeover angle has been executed successfully in pro wrestling. It's smarter that they didn't do that.

EDIT: I take that back, the nWo did pretty amazing business. But they're pretty much it.
Last edited by syxxpakk on Tue Apr 02, 2013 6:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

When you're as good as Chael, you can only call out people worse than you.

Agent of the Bat
Outhouse World Champion

Postby Agent of the Bat » Tue Apr 02, 2013 6:23 pm

syxxpakk wrote:You can count on literally no hands the number of times an invasion/takeover angle has been executed successfully in pro wrestling. It's smarter that they didn't do that.

Yeah I think the Shield is doing just fine on their own and don't need anyone else. I hope they get the win and I hope they continue their rocket rise to fame.

Juan Cena
DANG!

Title: The Lyrical Peyton Manning

Postby Juan Cena » Tue Apr 02, 2013 6:24 pm

syxxpakk wrote:You can count on literally no hands the number of times an invasion/takeover angle has been executed successfully in pro wrestling. It's smarter that they didn't do that.

At least the whole story would make sense. It would make sense if The Shield were working for Lesnar bidding, as he doesn't show up on every RAW or PPV.

WWE should cast Lesnar as being more Bane-like (w/o the face mask). I liked the way he acted during the "contract negotiations" with Laurinaitis.

"I have my heroes, but no one knows their names"
- Sons of the Desert

Strict31 wrote:I'm not sure that combining the nigh-uncontrollable power of LOLtron with the Nacireman is a good idea. Some years from now, when mankind is on the verge of extinction, we'll be able to look back and remember this moment, and say, "DANG."

http://www.shirtswithrandomtriangles.com/

Check out Christmas in Nacirema
http://www.pandora.com/?sc=sh619160960893481469&shareImp=true#!/stations/play/619160960893481469

Agent of the Bat
Outhouse World Champion

Postby Agent of the Bat » Tue Apr 02, 2013 6:25 pm

syxxpakk wrote:Absolutely shocked on Troy's thoughts regarding Taker/Punk.

You shouldn't be, I change my mind about shit more than most people change their underwear. :wink:

For the record though I never said what they could do together wouldn't be amazing, just that I would have preferred something with Punk involving the WWE title and being in a match with Rock and Cena was already there waiting. I admit I was wrong and what he and Undertaker have done has been nothing short of amazing.

leave a comment with facebook

PreviousNext

Return to The Asylum