Friday, September 30, 2016 • Morning Edition • "Magneto was right."

The Outhouse - The Greatest Comic Book Forum

Comics news, comic book reviews, feature articles about comics, interviews with comic creators, plus the greatest comic book and pop culture discussion in the Outhouse forums!

Advertisement

U Mad Bro? - Havok's Lost Alliance

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Well, they're not accepting new members, but we'll take anyone here, so why not sign up for a free acount? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

User avatar

S.F. Jude Terror

OMCTO

Postby S.F. Jude Terror » Tue Apr 02, 2013 2:53 pm

Victorian Squid wrote:
I don't care at all about who wants to be called what in the X-Mengers or whatever it is, but I thought wow just not the best way to respond when you do something to generate controversy in your comic books.

You might be right, though, because I couldn't tell if my own parody of self-righteous outrage was getting all those 'likes' on BC for the right reasons...probably it was, I suppose. :lol:


:lol:
User avatar

Punchy

Staff Writer

Postby Punchy » Tue Apr 02, 2013 3:09 pm

Victorian Squid wrote:
I don't care at all about who wants to be called what in the X-Mengers or whatever it is, but I thought wow just not the best way to respond when you do something to generate controversy in your comic books.

You might be right, though, because I couldn't tell if my own parody of self-righteous outrage was getting all those 'likes' on BC for the right reasons...probably it was, I suppose. :lol:


Remender's reaction was rude and stupid, but not as stupid as the outrage.

Plus, I don't even think he was responding to the 'assimilation' argument in his initial tweet, I think it was to more basic 'this is politically correct bullshit' arguments. He thought he was arguing against the right, when in fact he was under attack from the nutty left.
User avatar

365Dom

Snake On A Plane

Postby 365Dom » Tue Apr 02, 2013 4:35 pm

I like how Remender brings up the fact that Alex's view is now the opposite of Scott's view (as I pointed out at the end of the post). That one point made all the idiots who hated on Remender let out a collective, "ahhhh...my bad."
User avatar

BlueStreak

The Red Stands for Irony

Postby BlueStreak » Tue Apr 02, 2013 4:49 pm

It doesn't really change my opinion of him.

Sometimes, when you drown your foes in hobo piss, it splashes on you and leaves a smell.
User avatar

Tintin Quarantino

Rain Partier

Postby Tintin Quarantino » Tue Apr 02, 2013 5:21 pm

I remember when actors often wouldn't even read their own reviews or press, but now(adays) with twitter etc it's barely possible for people to filter out anything.

At least not many hobos were likely to be following Remender on twitter to begin with.
User avatar

Tintin Quarantino

Rain Partier

Postby Tintin Quarantino » Tue Apr 02, 2013 5:25 pm

BlueMole wrote:It doesn't really change my opinion of him.

Sometimes, when you drown your foes in hobo piss, it splashes on you and leaves a smell.


Boy does that remind me of the worst Greyhound bus trip of my life.
User avatar

Grayson

Outhouse Drafter

Postby Grayson » Wed Apr 03, 2013 9:21 am

Rick Remender is a bad influence:

Yesterday when I was getting off an elevator at work, a lady was attempting to block my exit with her baby stroller. I casually squeezed past which apparently upset her and caused her to say "Excuse you" in a really snotty sounding way. My immediate response was "No thank you, I don't need to be excused."

In retrospect what I really wanted to say was "go drown in hobo piss" because fuck that chick, everybody knows that proper elevator etiquette dictates that you allow all disembarking passengers to exit the elevator prior to you waddling in.
User avatar

LoganRSA

FROGMAN

Postby LoganRSA » Wed Apr 03, 2013 11:03 am

Am i the only one that thinks the Outhouse needs a new regular feature called "Drowning in Hobo Piss"?
User avatar

Grayson

Outhouse Drafter

Postby Grayson » Wed Apr 03, 2013 11:11 am

Log-Man wrote:Am i the only one that thinks the Outhouse needs a new regular feature called "Drowning in Hobo Piss"?


"Drowning in Hobo Piss" should be the official name of the official review for each issue of Uncanny Avengers.
User avatar

Chris

Rain Partier

Postby Chris » Wed Apr 03, 2013 11:14 am

That this is actually a thing is one of the worst things I hate about the comic community.

2srs.
User avatar

S.F. Jude Terror

OMCTO

Postby S.F. Jude Terror » Wed Apr 03, 2013 12:03 pm

Chris wrote:That this is actually a thing is one of the worst things I hate about the comic community.

2srs.



Your sig! :lol: :lol: :lol:
User avatar

Keb

<( ' . ' )>

Postby Keb » Wed Apr 03, 2013 1:41 pm

Grayson wrote:Rick Remender is a bad influence:

Yesterday when I was getting off an elevator at work, a lady was attempting to block my exit with her baby stroller. I casually squeezed past which apparently upset her and caused her to say "Excuse you" in a really snotty sounding way. My immediate response was "No thank you, I don't need to be excused."

In retrospect what I really wanted to say was "go drown in hobo piss" because fuck that chick, everybody knows that proper elevator etiquette dictates that you allow all disembarking passengers to exit the elevator prior to you waddling in.

Wow, some people's children!

I'm sure Rick Remender keeps swimming pools full of hobo piss and invites his critics over for a swim quite often.
User avatar

Chris

Rain Partier

Postby Chris » Wed Apr 03, 2013 4:23 pm

S.F. Jude Terror wrote:

Your sig! :lol: :lol: :lol:


:D

leave a comment with facebook


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: FaceBook [Linkcheck] and 34 guests