Sunday, May 1, 2016 • Evening Edition • "At least we're not Bleeding Cool!"

The Outhouse - The Greatest Comic Book Forum

Comics news, comic book reviews, feature articles about comics, interviews with comic creators, plus the greatest comic book and pop culture discussion in the Outhouse forums!

What Graphic Novel Are You Reading?

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Well, they're not accepting new members, but we'll take anyone here, so why not sign up for a free acount? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

misac

Outhouse Editor

Postby misac » Wed Apr 03, 2013 1:26 pm

Hypernaturals v.1 – I’ve bought a bunch of BOOM! trades and I’m used to the four issues per trade but this was just three! :x What the hell BOOM!? :x

Anyway, it was pretty good but so far the villain seems more interesting than the super heroes. I did like the interviews with the characters and ads between issues. I like when comics do little things like that.

My major gripe was the character with the doll face. She wasn’t creepy or anything she just looked really dumb.

LobsterJ

Expert Post Whore

Postby LobsterJ » Wed Apr 03, 2013 1:30 pm

misac wrote:Hypernaturals v.1 – I’ve bought a bunch of BOOM! trades and I’m used to the four issues per trade but this was just three! :x What the hell BOOM!? :x

Oh yeah. Boom trades are like the worst value ever. I cant believe I read all of Irredeemable and Incorruptible for the conclusion we got.

Keb

<( ' . ' )>

Postby Keb » Wed Apr 03, 2013 1:32 pm

Arion wrote:
I must be a real misanthropic guy, because I love Transmetropolitan.

You fucking misanthrope! :x

Ha seriously you might love Transmet but I will never stop loving All Star Batman & Robin the Boy Wonder.

Grayson

Outhouse Drafter

Postby Grayson » Wed Apr 03, 2013 2:21 pm

Keb wrote:You fucking misanthrope! :x

Ha seriously you might love Transmet but I will never stop loving All Star Goddamn Batman & Robin the Boy Wonder.

Fixed.

You say that you love it but you can't even be bothered to get the name right. :smt011 :P

Keb

<( ' . ' )>

Postby Keb » Wed Apr 03, 2013 2:56 pm

Grayson wrote:
Fixed.

You say that you love it but you can't even be bothered to get the name right. :smt011 :P

You missed the whole "What are you? Dense, retarded?" part though.

Grayson

Outhouse Drafter

Postby Grayson » Wed Apr 03, 2013 3:03 pm

Keb wrote:You missed the whole "What are you? Dense, retarded?" part though.

Well played sir, however, they couldn't very well name the book "All-Star What Are You Dense? Are You Retarded or Something? Who the Hell Do You Think I Am? I'm the Goddamn Batman & Robin the Boy Wonder," could they?

Keb

<( ' . ' )>

Postby Keb » Wed Apr 03, 2013 6:48 pm

Grayson wrote:
Well played sir, however, they couldn't very well name the book "All-Star What Are You Dense? Are You Retarded or Something? Who the Hell Do You Think I Am? I'm the Goddamn Batman & Robin the Boy Wonder," could they?

ASWAYDAYRSWHDYTIAIGB&RBW works well. It has that Frank Miller "wipe your ass with barbed wire" gritty feeling to it.

Arion

Twenty-Something

Postby Arion » Thu Apr 04, 2013 11:36 am

Keb wrote:You fucking misanthrope! :x

Ha seriously you might love Transmet but I will never stop loving All Star Batman & Robin the Boy Wonder.

The comic where everyone is either dense, retarded or goddamn Batman !

Zero

Zombie Guard

Postby Zero » Thu Apr 04, 2013 12:16 pm

Time has not improved this one, although it does seem to have put Michael Ryan into a different line of work.

Keb

<( ' . ' )>

Postby Keb » Thu Apr 04, 2013 2:25 pm

Yeah I borrowed that from a friend and was glad I stopped after the bkv run.

Grayson

Outhouse Drafter

Postby Grayson » Thu Apr 04, 2013 2:26 pm

Zero wrote:Image

Time has not improved this one, although it does seem to have put Michael Ryan into a different line of work.

That was in the half price bin at my LCS last week and I considered buying it but I honestly couldn't remember if I liked Whedon's run on Runaways or not. Is this something you would recommend for half price or should I just pass altogether?

Zero

Zombie Guard

Postby Zero » Thu Apr 04, 2013 2:31 pm

Grayson wrote:
That was in the half price bin at my LCS last week and I considered buying it but I honestly couldn't remember if I liked Whedon's run on Runaways or not. Is this something you would recommend for half price or should I just pass altogether?

Meh.

Keb

<( ' . ' )>

Postby Keb » Thu Apr 04, 2013 2:45 pm

Grayson wrote:

No save your money and buy something Jack Kirby.

Grayson

Outhouse Drafter

Postby Grayson » Thu Apr 04, 2013 2:48 pm

Keb wrote:No save your money and buy something Jack Kirby.

I actually have been keeping my eyes open for Jack Kirby stuff but my LCS doesn't have anything and the used book stores in this area leave a lot to be desired in the graphic novel department. I guess I could try some of the other comic stores in the area...

Keb

<( ' . ' )>

Postby Keb » Thu Apr 04, 2013 4:05 pm

You don't order from Amazon or online retailers?

leave a comment with facebook